Offical Teams Round 10 - Here!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mcadam05
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:this is it Grams Last chance if he puts up another lame ass, half effort ,wimppy, limp wristed ,pansy sniffing , hows my hair performance this week im going to be forced to start a petition to have the no1 jumper taken off him ! :twisted:

wait a min didnt we just sign him too 3yrs :roll:

maverick
Saintsational Legend

ANother week of soft selections.
Cannot believe Dempster and Schneider are not at least on an extended bench.
This shows why we are soft, it comes from teh rotting head. :evil:

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

mcadam05 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:this is it Grams Last chance if he puts up another lame ass, half effort ,wimppy, limp wristed ,pansy sniffing , hows my hair performance this week im going to be forced to start a petition to have the no1 jumper taken off him ! :twisted:

didnt you know??? st trav is the chairman of selectors

reason for gram being dropped: limp wrists

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

yeah we did, and i have full respect of grammy, he is a great guy!
he is down on form, but you guys need to lay off him a little.

bergsone
SS Life Member

mcadam05 wrote:

Someone must be seeing something that most on here arent.3YEARS?

AlpineStars
Club Player

Jobs for the boys Sneider and Dempster still getting a free ride!

Wake me up when September ends.
saintjake
Club Player

id much rather see gwilt get a game over fergo
when fergo has been given his rare chances,
what has he done with it?
gwilt has done well, while being played
OUT OF POSITION
down back.
if he gets the gig
will be well deserved.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

sneiders in the side cause we dont have to many players with the ability to goal kick and run - no he hasnt done that so far. Yes he needs to.

Id still rather Dempster over Gwilt down back.

“Yeah….nah””
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:sneiders in the side cause we dont have to many players with the ability to goal kick and run - no he hasnt done that so far. Yes he needs to.

Id still rather Dempster over Gwilt down back.
I wouldn't

Zippy
Club Player

ralphysaints35 wrote:yeah we did, and i have full respect of grammy, he is a great guy!
he is down on form, but you guys need to lay off him a little.
He's a very good player. Or was, anyway. Now he's in awful form. Leigh Fisher would be a far better option at the moment, for instance - a far better negator, and although he's not a renowned rebounder, he at least does more than torp it straight to an opposition player

They're selecting Gram based on his old reputation, not on current performance. Ditto schneider.

I don't think it's sending much of a message to the team to do that - better to let them run their way back into form in the VFL. It'll be a wake-up at least.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:Charlie Gardiner.......why not. Did we waste a draft pick?
ST KILDA
B: Jason Blake, Max Hudghton, Sean Dempster
HB: Jason Gram, Sam Fisher, Brendon Goddard
C: Nick Dal Santo, Luke Ball, Leigh Montagna
HF: Adam Schneider, Nick Riewoldt, Clint Jones
F: Shane Birss, Justin Koschitzke, Stephen Milne
Foll: Steven King, Lenny Hayes, Robert Harvey
Int (from): Michael Gardiner, Jarryn Geary, Ben McEvoy, Andrew McQualter, Matthew Ferguson, David Armitage, James Gwilt

In: McQualter, Ferguson, Armitage, Gwilt, McEvoy
Out: Aaron Fiora, Leigh Fisher
New: Ben McEvoy (Murray Bushrangers)

Are my eyes playing tricks...can't see a C.Gardiner there to drop out !!

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

My only concern really is that our backline line looks tall and lumbering.
We need one more smaller fast player (eg Richmonds' King) to tackle the likes of Wonamerri(sp?) Maybe C Jones could have a crack.
Very glad that Davey is out, we dont really have anyone capable of holding the likes of him.
C Gardiner should be playing instead of Scheider tho.

Seeya
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:My only concern really is that our backline line looks tall and lumbering.
We need one more smaller fast player (eg Richmonds' King) to tackle the likes of Wonamerri(sp?) Maybe C Jones could have a crack.
Very glad that Davey is out, we dont really have anyone capable of holding the likes of him.
C Gardiner should be playing instead of Scheider tho.
if we need to bring Charlie in again this year then we are in real strife the bloke couldnt get a game in the top team last year and now he comes to us and we put him in our first 22 what does that say about our team compaired to Geelongs ??

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
HarveysDeciple

On that 7 man bench I can't see Gardiner missing out, he has been in better form then King and if one of our ruckmen was to be omitted it shouldn't be him.

Armo should play, Geary shouldn't be omitted, so that leaves one of Mini, Gwilt or the Ferg burger.

I think Fergs.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:On that 7 man bench I can't see Gardiner missing out, he has been in better form then King and if one of our ruckmen was to be omitted it shouldn't be him.

Armo should play, Geary shouldn't be omitted, so that leaves one of Mini, Gwilt or the Ferg burger.

I think Fergs.
Yeh, thats the way I see it too.

Armo and Gardie are certainties.

Sainter_Boy
Club Player

Sainter_Dad:

I have to agree with the minimal number of changes this week (was going to say droppings - but it makes it too easy for the snipers). After calling them 'soft' its put up or shut up time - This week and every week.

We always give Sainter_Boy a chance to improve on his behaviour/attitude - but woe betide if that warning is not heeded - our so called parent (see other thread) needs to make this crystal clear - Sunday is a crunch game for the Saints and the SAINTER in them all - if there is no RED, WHITE and BLACK blood flowing their veins then the changes should be rung out and we will then know!!

Look for 6 goals a quarter at least and a concession of only 3 to be the bench mark. First quarter, Every quarter, Every game!!!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Yep, well said, and to think we got rid of Guerra the same year we pick up Gram :roll:

Gram is NOT a defender, the only time he can play down back is when he is playing a loose player in defense.

His kicking to position this year is woeful and a good deal of them are turned over.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Sobraz
SS Life Member

HarveysDeciple wrote:On that 7 man bench I can't see Gardiner missing out, he has been in better form then King and if one of our ruckmen was to be omitted it shouldn't be him.

I think Fergs.
This is what i'm concerned about... Gards has been good to very good this year, king servicable... I want to see McEvoy in at the expense of King, with Gards doing the majority of work..

However, with King i tha named 18, can he drop out of it or can the 3 culled players be from anywhere on the ground... Surely, SURELY ross can see Gards is far far far better value than King.. Surely he wont drop Gards and play king with BigMac as his backup...

After stuffing up BIGTIME last week by dropping Armo, surely he cant stuff up again at selection.... can he??!!..

As for the other possie, I'd play Mini ahead of Geary and Gwilt.. Ideally i'd drop Blake for Gwilt, but thats a different issue..

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i think schneider is going ok.

not brilliant but acceptable to date.

he's a 1.5 goal a game 15 possessions half forward flanker.

while it takes a bit of time to get attuned to us, i think he's not bad.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
spert
Saintsational Legend

We have a midfield that struggles to kick goals, and we have two smalls in Schnieder and Milne not pulling their fingers out in a forward line that struggles to kick goals..one of them has to go until we find the right combination. I would drop Milne and bring McEvoy in for a run.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

spert wrote:We have a midfield that struggles to kick goals, and we have two smalls in Schnieder and Milne not pulling their fingers out in a forward line that struggles to kick goals..one of them has to go until we find the right combination. I would drop Milne and bring McEvoy in for a run.
Drop our leading goalkicker for the year, for an untried 200+ cm RUCKMAN to play in the forward pocket... Makes sense..

Batnoe

spert wrote:We have a midfield that struggles to kick goals, and we have two smalls in Schnieder and Milne not pulling their fingers out in a forward line that struggles to kick goals..one of them has to go until we find the right combination. I would drop Milne and bring McEvoy in for a run.

that is the funniest thing i have ever heard

Milne is our most important forward at the moment. If you go on goals and forward line then Kosi and Roo should be dropped also

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Ben to replace Milne :shock: No thanks.

On Schneider...his last two game have not been good. However he is meant to be a finisher...and there has been a lack of opportunities to finish.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Quixote
SS Life Member

I think Fergs.

Agree.

Also think Schnieder is needed in this team. He will find form - he has pace and can kick goals, required player me thinks.

Not sold on Birss playing forward though.

Also worried about our backline this week...

JeffDunne

Milne was as soft as anyone last week. I can understand why people would be pointing the finger at him.

Unless there's some significant outs in the final team, Ross has refused to backup his "soft" claims.

Fiora is an easy target. Him and Fisher are the scapegoats.

If Ross wants to call the team "soft" (actually he went further than that claiming it was common knowledge), then he's got have the balls to make some tough calls.

So far all I've seen is him taking the easy option. And he wonders why the players have become "soft". :roll: