underwhelming credit to Lyon...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:By the way....more good coaching...

Did anyone notice that because if the way the Saints now play when the opposition have the ball that the Hawks were under enormous pressure...so much so that in the second half they continually stuffed up and only scored 3 goals?

The much rubbished RL gameplan was the reason for this.
Does that mean we were poorly coached in the first half?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Ho hum...

What starts as a good thread goes back to the same old, same old.

It is staggering some of the comments that people come out with to weasel out of their past condemnations of RL.

Our list may well be top 4, but IS not the same as it was a few years back.

First half? Credit to the hawks who made us play THEIR style.

It wasn't so long that people like MB were calling for RL's sacking. Now it's like "yes he coached well, but it's because he has a good list..."

Blah blah blah.

Last nite, we had at least 5 players that weren't around in 06. That's almost 25% ffs.

Having an almost full list to choose from makes a huge difference, and players can be played in better positions.

The big change is the injection of faster legs into the midfield rotations.

I don't buy into the crap that dropping Dal was the act of a desperate man.

So, our list is talented, and RL can coach. So we all agree now?

Great, let's move on. :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:

I don't agree.

We've played 1 month of good footy in 2 years. Even during that month, we still haven't played 4 quarters.

The reason we've won, has been due to the efforts and ability of the following players who have been at the club for years...

Ball.
Hayes.
Harvey.
Roo.
Gram.
Max.
Milne.
Kosi.
Fisher.
Dal Santo.

When these guys don't play very well, we get beaten comfortably on the scoreboard.

I'm not convinced Lyon is a good coach at all yet.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Goodness me one gets verballed on here!!

I never said that our list was the only reason we won the game last night. I specifically praised Lyon's coaching (and, unlike some of his obsessive fans on here, I explained what I liked about it). I acknowledged the improvements in the list under Lyon. FFS I've admitted I was wrong about Lyon!!

Re the dropping of Dal: if it wasn't a "desperate act" it was certainly a high risk one which could have blown up in Lyon's face. Don't forget, Dal did not deserve to be dropped on form. Lyon was sending a message to the whole team about attitude. You only get one go at making such a statement: it either works, or you lose all respect. Full marks to Lyon for bringing it off.

Finally, a message to B4E. I don't care what you and Rixy get up to in the privacy of your now legendary dumpster, but surely posting pictures of it on the web risks frightening the horses!!

Boppa
Club Player

The game plan hasn't changed it's just finally being executed properly. The massive midfield rotation Lyon has implemented is starting to pay dividends, we now have upwards of 12-13 guys going in there throughout the course of the game, and no longer relying on Bally and Hayes to do all the grunt work in the midfield. RL is doing a great job in the box, a few match ups were killing us early but he definitely doesn't hesitate to make changes when things are going wrong. Like it or not the move to drop DalSanto and Milne has worked wonders, he had the balls to do it, he sent a message to the whole playing group and they have both come back and been very good the last 3 weeks

Like it or not Boppa speaks the truth
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Boppa wrote:Like it or not the move to drop DalSanto and Milne has worked wonders, he had the balls to do it, he sent a message to the whole playing group and they have both come back and been very good the last 3 weeks
According to him, he didn't make the decision. He just facilitated it.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Jones, Eddy and McQualter just made up the numbers. Did Ok, but no better than any fringe players we've had on the list before.

Dempster was Ok, King was pretty ordinary and Schneider was simply piss weak again.
:roll: :roll:

You will try to justify anything for the sake of your spurious and inflexible position.

To say that Jones Eddy and McQualter were merely making up the numbers shows that you either dont know anything about football or you are simply trolling.

Dempster was excellent and Schneider, even allowing for being play out of position in the first quarter and your really unwarranted and unfair critisism was actually pretty good.

You really would argue black is white to try and protect the former coaches legacy :roll:

Why critisise players when we win so well????

Agenda

Agenda

Agenda

:roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

I don't agree.

We've played 1 month of good footy in 2 years. Even during that month, we still haven't played 4 quarters.

The reason we've won, has been due to the efforts and ability of the following players who have been at the club for years...

Ball.
Hayes.
Harvey.
Roo.
Gram.
Max.
Milne.
Kosi.
Fisher.
Dal Santo.

When these guys don't play very well, we get beaten comfortably on the scoreboard.

I'm not convinced Lyon is a good coach at all yet.

you forgot blake and goddard......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Ok all,

If everything being written is accredited to Lyon as good coaching - does it now makes sense that some were critical of his coaching when all of the same areas were falling down up until 2 weeks ago?

I think Lyon is doing well.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:

Finally, a message to B4E. I don't care what you and Rixy get up to in the privacy of your now legendary dumpster, but surely posting pictures of it on the web risks frightening the horses!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Boppa
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

I don't agree.

Ball.
Hayes.
Harvey.
Roo.
Gram.
Max.
Milne.
Kosi.
Fisher.
Dal Santo.

Wow. You are a marvel, whoever would have guessed that a side may struggle or get beaten comfortably if they had 10 of their better players play poorly :shock:

Like it or not Boppa speaks the truth
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Ho hum...

What starts as a good thread goes back to the same old, same old.

It is staggering some of the comments that people come out with to weasel out of their past condemnations of RL.
Same old, same old WJ42.

Always the same poster always with the same agenda, always the same jacking technique.

Was avery good thread until jacked by the keeper of the GT legacy flame.

Really sad how people cant just admit they were wrong.

Even going to the extent of slagging off anyone on the field last night that wasn't there when his hero was wrecking the list :roll:

Really appalling the way he attacked the rookies and the players recruited from other clubs who all contributed (one could argue King had a poor one but still contributed).

But egos are fragile and legacies protected and agendas upheld. :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Ok all,

If everything being written is accredited to Lyon as good coaching - does it now makes sense that some were critical of his coaching when all of the same areas were falling down up until 2 weeks ago?

I think Lyon is doing well.

some credit when the Lyon's coached team wins and some critisism when the team loses.

The attack on Lyon a month ago was bordering on liablious from some posters while the players were getting off scott free.

Now they are winning it is all the players and nothing to do with Lyon.

FFS a bit of perspective and balance and sense.

But I guess that wouldn't be controversial enough for some here would it????

Lance or James??

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

JB who the hell made you arbitor of what can or should be said, and when AND for what reason? Who the hell do you think you are? Let me guess, a sad middle aged single dweeb with a internet connection. Gotchya! :twisted: :D :twisted:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Boppa wrote: Wow. You are a marvel, whoever would have guessed that a side may struggle or get beaten comfortably if they had 10 of their better players play poorly :shock:
I didn't say that - I said they all need to play well for us to win.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Now I know you're just taking the piss.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:JB who the hell made you arbitor of what can or should be said, and when AND for what reason? Who the hell do you think you are? Let me guess, a sad middle aged single dweeb with a internet connection. Gotchya! :twisted: :D :twisted:
This jacking has been reported. Personally attacking a poster with absolutely no connection to the thread is a bannable offence.

I expect you to be banned very soon.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Well I suppose there is no common sense when you have the legacy to protect is ther Rodg?

Lance or James??

markp
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Jones, Eddy and McQualter just made up the numbers. Did Ok, but no better than any fringe players we've had on the list before.

Dempster was Ok, King was pretty ordinary and Schneider was simply piss weak again.

You will try to justify anything for the sake of your spurious and inflexible position.

To say that Jones Eddy and McQualter were merely making up the numbers shows that you either dont know anything about football or you are simply trolling.

Dempster was excellent and Schneider, even allowing for being play out of position in the first quarter and your really unwarranted and unfair critisism was actually pretty good.

You really would argue black is white to try and protect the former coaches legacy :roll:

Why critisise players when we win so well????

Agenda

Agenda

Agenda

:roll:
Yup.....

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Well I suppose there is no common sense when you have the legacy to protect is ther Rodg?
The only common sense I've heard in about 4 years is, ironically what you posted just above.....

"some credit when the Lyon's coached team wins and some critisism when the team loses."

If you had have left the name blank, that same line could have been used to end hundreds of moronic debates over the past 5 years.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

What is my position as you see it?

I thought I'd explained my 'position' hundreds of times. From what it appears you are aluding to, sounds like you have never bothered to read it.

markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

I thought I'd explained my 'position' hundreds of times. From what it appears you are aluding to, sounds like you have never bothered to read it.
Translation of at least 90% of your posts= "GT was robbed... discuss."

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Well I don't know about anybody else but your stated positions makes my head spin like I need an exorcist. The way you flip/flop through the argument and then feign indignation when anybody has the temerity to pick you up on it is simply breathtaking.

I can hardly wait for this week's edition of the Fox Report as authored by Saintsatioanl's own intrepid journalist rodgerfox.

now whixh standard response will we see?
a - You are a liar!
b - Feigned indignation
c - slinkk off to another thread

markp
Saintsational Legend

He who trolls and runs away lives to troll another day..... :wink:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Well I don't know about anybody else but your stated positions makes my head spin like I need an exorcist. The way you flip/flop through the argument and then feign indignation when anybody has the temerity to pick you up on it is simply breathtaking.

I can hardly wait for this week's edition of the Fox Report as authored by Saintsatioanl's own intrepid journalist rodgerfox.

now whixh standard response will we see?
a - You are a liar!
b - Feigned indignation
c - slinkk off to another thread
Slink off to another thread?

You like that one JB, don't you.

Would you prefer to have more threads denigrate into petty slanging matches? Tit for tat bickerings with each poster refusing to concede the last word?
Or more posters to concede that they aren't going to agree with others and move on?

Actually, don't answer that. I already know the answer.

By the way, my stated 'position' is exactly the same as it has always been.