Raph Clarke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

He played loose man in defense for the first time in a long while. Had a bit there a couple of years ago before he got injured. He wasn't manned up until the last quarter - too late.

So we now have four players who can rotate that role - Raph, Samuel, Brendon and Jason G (less likely). That is very good.

Winmar
Club Player

Raph was amazing last night. He's been very good in the last few weeks. I remember being very impressed with him a couple of games ago as well. I didn't think he was going to be a player, but I'm very happy to have been proven wrong. He's showing talent he hadn't previously done for more than glimpses. Like X, he looks a lot better when he gets some run, rather than chipping around the half back line.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Had an amazing game... but must keep that attack and intencity and he'll be very handy

spiral2
Club Player

his kicking seems to have improved too, doesn't look so 'dinky' anymore. used to have quite a lot of loop and air time which would get team mates into trouble at times

could become a very handy player with his run and size.

great game Raph, well done! :D

stkfc1
Club Player

mmm...with Raph playing well who can we start bagging now? 8-)

Saint Mik
Club Player

Nice to be rapt when he gets the ball instead of on the side of my seat waiting to see what happens.

Bloody sensational the way he played.

I was not a fan but gave him some slack because of his situation, he has made me eat my words over the last few weeks and I could not be happier for him.

He is growing week by week in this finals series, he must be loving the game right now.

Good on you Raph your a star. Carve em up again next week.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Solar
Saintsational Legend

no matter what he does it doesn't stop the raph baggers...

had one bhind me...

raph runs it out of half back, is pressured on his right side so is forced to kick on his left, the ball hits harvey on the bounce and behind me I hear "s*** kick raph".... we go on to kick a goal from this build up..... hmmmm should not be suprised, the guy behind me couldn't say a nice thing about the saints....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:I'm not sure I'd read too much into his epilipsy treatment.

Confidence is the difference and people that believe in you.

People forget the battles he's had with his back, hamstrings, etc and the work he's had to put in to get back to playing senior football.

I could have kissed Ross this week when he came out and backed Raph. No coincidence IMO that Raph played his best game ever this week.
Maybe he stopped reading this forum? :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I could have kissed Ross this week when he came out and backed Raph. No coincidence IMO that Raph played his best game ever this week.
no doubt ross backed him because he recognises a very good player when he sees one.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:Nice to be rapt when he gets the ball instead of on the side of my seat waiting to see what happens.
So true. It was like that early this season. As soon as he came back against Freo he looked a different player. Was decisive and his decision making and disposals were assured and confident.

I heard he was looking good at the Scorps however had heard that before.

Would love to see Raph kick on. Has shown he has the skill,pace and height to be a very damaging player.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

nice summation in the age.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/y ... 16702.html

Raph Clarke has copped more than his share of supporter flak over the past couple of years.

He couldn't have picked a better time to pull out the most important performance of his career, his rebounding, run and creativity out of defence pivotal to St Kilda's forward thrusts, and the capacity to repel Collingwood's attacks and exert pressure on the Magpie forwards one reason the Pies had so many shots at goal from tight angles or too far out.

Sam Gilbert was similarly important, 20 disposals testament to his agility at ground level, a dozen marks, of which nearly half were contested, an even more emphatic comment on his courage and capability in the air.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:Had an amazing game... but must keep that attack and intencity and he'll be very handy
Indeed.

Well done for posting a positive comment on here about Raph!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

really? i didn't notice Raph at all last night

however the guy wearing number 16 went alright, any ideas who it was? haven't seen him all season

;)

saintbob
SS Life Member

EASILY the best game Raph has played for the club.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Surely we cannot be positive about Raph as there are racists on this forum.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Surely we cannot be positive about Raph as there are racists on this forum.
Please stop posting.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Surely we cannot be positive about Raph as there are racists on this forum.
Please stop posting.

I was just pointing out the stupidity of a post last week calling someone a racist because they had a go at raph. Just like you are racist against CJ. :wink:

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Solar wrote:no matter what he does it doesn't stop the raph baggers...

had one bhind me...

raph runs it out of half back, is pressured on his right side so is forced to kick on his left, the ball hits harvey on the bounce and behind me I hear "s*** kick raph".... we go on to kick a goal from this build up..... hmmmm should not be suprised, the guy behind me couldn't say a nice thing about the saints....
Getting off the train, I heard one guy turn and tell his mate in all sincerity "when the Saints lose tonight, Kosi and Nick Dal Santo will be traded".

Honestly wondered which team the guy was going for :)

I actually remember the play, I remember being shocked when Raph kicked it with his left - not sure I've ever seen him do that before. He's full of confidence and it's great to see. Hopefully he's turned the corner.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Solar
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
Solar wrote:no matter what he does it doesn't stop the raph baggers...

had one bhind me...

Getting off the train, I heard one guy turn and tell his mate in all sincerity "when the Saints lose tonight, Kosi and Nick Dal Santo will be traded".

Honestly wondered which team the guy was going for :)

I actually remember the play, I remember being shocked when Raph kicked it with his left - not sure I've ever seen him do that before. He's full of confidence and it's great to see. Hopefully he's turned the corner.
agree BAM!

This guy behind me sat with his earphones on bagging the players, especially the chipping around. Put up with it till he made that comment. Just made me scream! You do wonder if people can actually handle it if we are successful....

On the incident it summed up the night. Was the smart play, reasonably good drop punt that sat up nicely. He created really well off half back and complimented chips and gilbert very well.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
Please stop posting.

I was just pointing out the stupidity of a post last week calling someone a racist because they had a go at raph. Just like you are racist against CJ. :wink:
Personally, the only people I harbour any sort of racist feelings towards are the white maggots!!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
Please stop posting.

You are a deadset simpleton.

Must be easy living in the uncomplicated world of the villiage idiot who cant grasp or comprehend an argument or concept other than one of that is so simplistic that it is bordering on childlike.

How in hell do you walk and talk at the same time??? :roll: :roll:

Absolute fool. :roll: If you dont understand something, as you clearly and obviously dont here, please dont comment. You mamke a bigger fool of yourself than you already have. It is embarrassing to realise how little your truly grasp.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
Please stop posting.

Must be easy living in the uncomplicated world of the villiage idiot who cant grasp or comprehend an argument or concept other than one of that is so simplistic that it is bordering on childlike.

Absolute fool. :roll: If you dont understand something, as you clearly and obviously dont here, please dont comment. You mamke a bigger fool of yourself than you already have. It is embarrassing to realise how little your truly grasp.
No, actually I've gotta back up Plugger66 on this one.

Your initial racist comment in that thread was totally uncalled for and made you look like a total dill joffaboy. I don't know what your agenda is there but it was completely out of line and when no racism issues had been brought up, you initiated it.

Go and bleat and boo-hoo all you want, but your comments were very, very ordinary in that thread.

I have dealt personally with X in certain things and hold him in very high esteem, yet I too have criticised Raph. After seeing Raph play for Scorps v Willy I suggested here he take the rest of the year off and get his head right.

I can tell you right now, there is no-one happier than me to see him doing so well now.

I have also had my doubts, as I'm entitled to, about Blakey, CJ (who I'm now a huge fan of), Jimmy Gwilt, and yes in the early years BJ.

But I think I am allowed to have those doubts without being called a racist.

I guarantee that you will now come back with a comment that I'm a racist because I say I'm not.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

edit : http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... c&start=25

Yeah just looked at that thread again. Your first two contributions toward that thread were shocking. Terrible. Disgraceful.

I don't care that mightysainter slated some players, that's his right and prerogative.

I have also doubted some of our players.

But for you to chip in with your "racist" comment makes me wonder where you actually come from.

Also a lesson I learned a while ago, if you're gonna challenge someone on their football ability, please put forward your own. I don't think you'll win too many of those on here joffa.

I was an ordinary footballer who played average football as a CHF, then was president of the club for a while - decent comp but not VFA/VFL standard.

:D :D :D

wallbanger
Club Player

Anyway...back to the topic...easily the best game Raph has played for the Club. Him and Gilbo were inspirational down back - let's hope they can keep that form up again this week against Buddy so we can have another crack at the big game the week after!

Sp proud to be a Sinats supporter Saturday night - is there anything better than waving goodbye to the Pies supporters in a final???

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
Please stop posting.

you are deadset ignorant

every time x or raph are bagged its racism...despite the majority of their careers looking pretty below par in terms of football ability

so i ask you this...because they are indigenous australian's does that mean they are imune from criticism due to the current climate???

thank F*** kosi is white...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

How pleasant to again jump onto Saintsational after a magnificent win, only to once again find angry, bitter, old men abusing people and ruining such a positive thread about a great moment in the career of a young Saint.

That's Saintsational for you!