It's Finally Happened......Carlton has overtaken us!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

why do people care?

there are 14 other clubs that we want to beat as well....

i wont be satisfied until we have a flag, we have been favourites and not won, heck we were second favourites at the start of this year

odds mean nothing so far out, all it needs is Fev or Judd to go down and they are finished

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

tweedaletomanning wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Who cares?
If you are not joking then please PISS OFF!!

Because YOU are exactly the type of ball and chain supporter which is holding us back from being successful... :evil:

If you are joking then please disregard :lol:
Why would I be joking? We have a silly thread with chicken littles worrying about something that is out of our control based on bettin odds, 5 months before the season starts.

Ball and chain? Holding the club back? Go back and re-read your comments. Now you want to prove that you have a bigger d!ck than mine?

Grow up... oh and why don't u p1ss off?
I Bet you're some middle aged, overweight, balding guy, who just isn't interested in rocking the boat IN CASE we might just be successful, because you are so used to losing :roll:
Well, u got the frst three correct :lol:

Loser? When you have 1/2 the succes I've had, son... come talk to me.

Until then, lay off the personal abuse.
You don't know ANYTHING about me :lol:

YOU? Successful???? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nor do you know me. :wink: So don't call people losers, or get personal with them. Got it?

As for what defines success... I didn't start calling people bald, fat and losers, now did I?

At least I can have a dig at myself.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:
Moccha wrote:Why the fascination with Carlton?
Because many AFL supporters now think that all you need to do to be successful is get a bunch of early picks and just add water.

It's way so many of our supporters (and previous president) now feel dudded.
Some maybe but others might just be showing a bit of respect to think that even though they are not there yet, they may be on the way up again as the cycle goes like they've done 5 times in the last 30 years while we keep sitting in limbo.

In the last 30 years or so almost every team has won 1 or mulitple flags (many only being in the comp for less than that time). That has to be saying something.

Over the last 20 years we've had more than a capable list and made a mess of it and If anything I think we have the weakest list now than we've had for a long time.

I'd like to be positive with blind faith and s--t can Carlton too but from past experience I feel I could be seeing history possibly repeating itself.

I'll even be more ridiculous and say I wouldn't be surprised to see West Coast up there pushing for another flag before us or even this new Gold Coast team for that matter.

JeffDunne

I guess we should just ignore the fact they cheated their way to the only flag they've won in the draft/salary cap era? :roll:

Maybe history is repeating itself thanks to one of Australia's biggest crooks?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote: Some maybe but others might just be showing a bit of respect to think that even though they are not there yet, they may be on the way up again
Respect?? How could anyone respect such a dishonest vermin organisation?
Winmar7Fan wrote:as the cycle goes like they've done 5 times in the last 30 years while we keep sitting in limbo.
Under a totally different system where the rich clubs , (funded by mostly dishonest fat cats) paid for the cream of the crop.
Winmar7Fan wrote: In the last 30 years or so almost every team has won 1 or mulitple flags (many only being in the comp for less than that time). That has to be saying something.
Read above.
Winmar7Fan wrote: Over the last 20 years we've had more than a capable list and made a mess of it and If anything I think we have the weakest list now than we've had for a long time.
??? We made a GF in 97 and multiple finals appearances , many things must go a clubs way, luck with injuries etc.
Winmar7Fan wrote: I'd like to be positive with blind faith and s--t can Carlton too but from past experience I feel I could be seeing history possibly repeating itself.
I don't seem to have the same problem you have with bagging the cheating Carlton. But you may be correct with the history part, they may cheat again.
Last edited by The Fireman on Sat 29 Nov 2008 5:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I guess we should just ignore the fact they cheated their way to the only flag they've won in the draft/salary cap era? :roll:

I had a bit of cutting and pasting to do otherwise you would not have beaten me to it. :P

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:I guess we should just ignore the fact they cheated their way to the only flag they've won in the draft/salary cap era? :roll:

2 it came in 1987 which I suppose you can't count because It hadn't had enough time to be effective but I take your point.

I suppose its an interesting test for them they've always been known over most of their hundred years for a reputation of a power club when they had the unfair advantage of wealth.

Collingwood have struggled a bit with it since 1990 and now it's a test to see what the Carlton football are made of from this position.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote: Some maybe but others might just be showing a bit of respect to think that even though they are not there yet, they may be on the way up again
Respect?? How could anyone respect such a dishonest vermin organisation?
Winmar7Fan wrote:as the cycle goes like they've done 5 times in the last 30 years while we keep sitting in limbo.
Under a totally different system where the rich clubs , (funded by mostly dishonest fat cats) paid for the cream of the crop.
Winmar7Fan wrote: In the last 30 years or so almost every team has won 1 or mulitple flags (many only being in the comp for less than that time). That has to be saying something.
Read above.
Winmar7Fan wrote: Over the last 20 years we've had more than a capable list and made a mess of it and If anything I think we have the weakest list now than we've had for a long time.
??? We made a GF in 97 and multiple finals appearances , many things must go a clubs way, luck with injuries etc.
Winmar7Fan wrote: I'd like to be positive with blind faith and s--t can Carlton too but from past experience I feel I could be seeing history possibly repeating itself.
I don't seem to have the same problem you have with bagging the cheating Carlton. But you may be correct with the history part, they may cheat again.
How could anyone respect such a dishonest vermin organisation?

Because at the end of the day I don't have the bitterness you obviously have and respect every club for some reason or another.I still see them as a successful club over 100 years which I'm sure they haven't cheating for the entirety.

Yes I Agree

Read above

Ok lets just use the last 20 of those 30 years.

We made a GF in 97 and multiple finals appearances , many things must go a clubs way, luck with injuries etc.

So have most other clubs all under the same conditions Adelaide beat us that year and won the next as well Brisbane have won three, Port Adelaide have even won one and were unlucky as you say playing off last year etc etc. We just must be the most unluckiest team ever.

I don't think they would be able to but by the sound of it no matter what they do they will have cheated regardless.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

You don't have the bitterness? You can forgive being cheated? good for you.
do you ever trust a cheat again? Have a look at thier incumbent president.
You respect that mob?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:You don't have the bitterness? You can forgive being cheated? good for you.
do you ever trust a cheat again? Have a look at thier incumbent president.
You respect that mob?
not sure that the cheating ever made me bitter....

what makes me bitter is the way they have treated others. Carlton went out of their way to attempt to put us out of business. They have called us a rabble among other things....

What I'm curious about is WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY DON"T MAKE THE FINALS! They are in a no win situation, make the finals and it's expected, not make them and they have disapointed.

So many number 1 picks yet so little finals. No-one can level that against us.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote: So have most other clubs all under the same conditions Adelaide beat us that year and won the next as well Brisbane have won three, Port Adelaide have even won one and were unlucky as you say playing off last year etc etc. We just must be the most unluckiest team ever.
Same conditions? you named interstate clubs , apart from the obvious help given by the AFL they are 1 tor 2 teams only in a state with massive amounts of money to draw from.
We may be the unluckiest team ever but either way I feel a bit sorry that you feel the way you do about our team.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:

what makes me bitter is the way they have treated others. Carlton went out of their way to attempt to put us out of business. They have called us a rabble among other things....
Sorry mate, but cheating makes me bitter.
Solar wrote: What I'm curious about is WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY DON"T MAKE THE FINALS! They are in a no win situation, make the finals and it's expected, not make them and they have disappointed.

agree , it seems winmar7's respect for them may be a bit misguided.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Solar wrote:

Solar wrote: What I'm curious about is WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY DON"T MAKE THE FINALS! They are in a no win situation, make the finals and it's expected, not make them and they have disappointed.

personally I am just happy they got caught.... what pisses me off are a bagger fans who pretend that they got the wrong end of the stick! They bitch and moan about losing draft picks..... yet I still see their last flag on DVD...

but seriously why all the love for carlton. If it wasn't for pratt they would not be viable and judd would be playing elsewhere..... we all know juddy is getting too much money outside the cap ..... leopards don't lose their spots

FQF
In richo I trust

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
Solar wrote:

I don't respect them for that I just don't have the hate that some of you have and respect them for some things they have done over the years and appreciate some of the great players they've had.

So you don't think that club has any reason in over 100 years to have any respect what so ever?

The way I see it what they did was wrong, they got caught and were punished for it and we also gained from it.

I'm only really emotionally concerned about what we do and our club and lets not be naive I'm sure ALL clubs including us have done things to try and cheat the system over the years the only difference is they got caught.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Solar wrote:

I don't respect them for that I just don't have the hate that some of you have and respect them for some things they have done over the years and appreciate some of the great players they've had.

So you don't think that club has any reason in over 100 years to have any respect what so ever?

The way I see it what they did was wrong, they got caught and were punished for it and we also gained from it.

I'm only really emotionally concerned about what we do and our club and lets not be naive I'm sure ALL clubs including us have done things to try and cheat the system over the years the only difference is they got caught.
care to share what decisions they have made that we should respect?

do a little research and you will see that the scum that are carlton should never be respected

FQF
In richo I trust

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Solar wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Solar wrote:

care to share what decisions they have made that we should respect?

do a little research and you will see that the scum that are carlton should never be respected
Are you for real? I've been following footy since the 70's and seen a lot of great teams and players with every club to respect something.

I thought I wouldn't have to mention things such as the great players and teams of the late 70's and 80's regardless of salary caps , and the courage of Peter Motley after that horrific accident and how much of a proud passionate club they've been.

I was at the 79 Grand final when they came back and beat Collingwood (who by the way were another Cheque book side) in an awesome performance.

Regardless of the wrong they've done and the fact that the supporters s--t me, if you can't see anything about that club to have any repect them at all I'm not the one with the problem.

JeffDunne

Carlton were once a great club.

So too were Fitzroy.

The West Indies were awesome once too. In fact probably the great team ever to take the field in cricket. England were a power once too.

I ask . . . so f***ing what?

For the past decade Carlton have been a rabble.

Look at their presidents over the past decade.

John Elliott - apart from his criminal activities, became infamous for touching up other president's wives at AFL functions.

Ian Collins - the grand daddy of all salary cap rorts. Read the comments of the judge in the ATO v Greg Williams case and it's a wonder this man is allowed to run a milk bar let alone be promoted to oversee the system he was already rorting.

Graham Smorgon - sole interest was trying to one up Pratt because he couldn't do so it in the cardboard business.

Richard Pratt - I could write an essay on this piece of human excrement. Once refered to Elliott as "Australia's greatest ever sports administrator". Say no more. Forced to stand aside because he's a crook.

Sticks Kernahan - he makes stinger look like an intellectual. Puppet president who has spent a decade attaching himself to whoever looked like holding power so he could keep his overly inflated printing contract with the club.

Can't see a single f***ing thing to repesct about that club now.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

It somehow seems that the point of thread is lost on some people here. :roll:

Only Winmar and a rare few get it... :?

Why is it that clubs that start so far behind us, Always seem to overtake us...

What has changed to ensure that we will not be the "ALMOSTS" of the comp.??

Who cares how you get the flag???

Do y7ou see Carlscum supporters hanging their heads in shame???

Do you see West Coast supporters offering to hand back their flag cos Cuz was on the juice??

Do you see Swans supporters saying..."Well Bazza really should have been suspended...so here ya go saints, you better take the 05 flag"?? :roll:

Fair Dinkum people on here are so self righteous... :lol:

Lets not rock the boat....it's comfortable here being mediocre :roll: :roll:

Thats My opinion....If you disagree...I hate you!!

JeffDunne

tweedaletomanning wrote:Only Winmar and a rare few get it... :?
That you're a whiney loser.

No, I 'get' and fully understand that.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:Only Winmar and a rare few get it... :?
That you're a whiney loser.

No, I 'get' and fully understand that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FWIW... why is it that when people disagree they are lesser supporters? Or happy to accept mediocrity?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:

FWIW... why is it that when people disagree they are lesser supporters? Or happy to accept mediocrity?
Just the way it is, if people don't agree with me then they are crap supporters. 8-)

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

The Fireman wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

Just the way it is, if people don't agree with me then they are crap supporters. 8-)
I though it was you who was crap coz u disagree with me. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

I don't think that at all actually quite the opposite IMO EVERYONE on here regardless of what is thought of each other are very passionate and are as strong as supporters get otherwise they wouldn't be on here .

Like my point about Carlton I respect everyone on this forum for that much regardless of how much abuse or stupid comments are made.

It unfortunately becomes personal and people start making accusations.

Can you help me Im trying to find the post where it says your not a good supporter?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Doesn't Jarred Wait play for Carlton????
and Brett Thornton???
and Andrew Walker???

I think a midfield of

Warnock, Judd, Gibbs, Stevens, Murphy, Bentick, Carrazzo, Scotland

A fwd line

Fevola, Kruezer, Fisher, Betts, Houlihan is dangerous

They will be a good team in 2009 - Make NO mistake

agree. their forward line, built around a 100-goal full forward, is potent ... perhaps more so than ours.

and any midfield with judd in it commands a certain degree of respect.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Winmar7Fan wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

I don't think that at all actually quite the opposite IMO EVERYONE on here regardless of what is thought of each other are very passionate and are as strong as supporters get otherwise they wouldn't be on here .

Like my point about Carlton I respect everyone on this forum for that much regardless of how much abuse or stupid comments are made.

It unfortunately becomes personal and people start making accusations.

Can you help me Im trying to find the post where it says your not a good supporter?
WayneJudson42 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
Who cares?

If you are not joking then please PISS OFF!!
Because YOU are exactly the type of ball and chain supporter which is holding us back from being successful...

If you are joking then please disregard

Why would I be joking? We have a silly thread with chicken littles worrying about something that is out of our control based on bettin odds, 5 months before the season starts.

Ball and chain? Holding the club back? Go back and re-read your comments. Now you want to prove that you have a bigger d!ck than mine?

Grow up... oh and why don't u p1ss off?

I Bet you're some middle aged, overweight, balding guy, who just isn't interested in rocking the boat IN CASE we might just be successful, because you are so used to losing

Please see above re the personal stuff. and where it began from. :roll:

So there you have the original comment, my response, and the follow up comment calling me bald, fat etc. Not nice.

My comment of "who cares" reflects my thoughts on the matter. Carlton, Richmond? Who cares. Let's worry about what we can control... not where other teams are at. That's essentially my view.

The OP began y stating that Blues were now ahead of us because of the odds being offered. On that alone, I reckon it's a silly conclusion to draw.

If you want to discuss where they're at and how they'll go, then ok.

But all this about them overtaking us... yes they have potential to develop into a good tem. But we are ahead of them and I suspect we'll improve further this year.

IMO, Geelong and Dorks are the ones we should be worrying about.