Reserved Seats !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

I buy two reserved seats at the dome!

As I lead a George Clooney lifestyle I use my spare seat for a different and very lucky girl each week and if anyone is suggesting that I cannot bring whoever I like to sit in this seat with me, providing they are are not an opposition supporter, ( would never do this ) then I would politely suggest to anyone who was going to stop me to go forth and multiply!

I pay good money for this extra seat and I will allow whoever I choose to sit in it!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:If people want to sit with opposition mates at a game, theres great swathes of seating to do so. IMO if youy want to bring an oppositon mate, let him use the card if you must, then go sit somewhere wheres theres a mix of both teams fans. 80% of Level 3 fr instance.

Can I provide another example from real life that I heard from the Richmond Carlton game last week? A woman from the Richmond Cheer Squad decided to let her daughter use hubby's card as he couldnt attend. Problem was, she was dressed to the nines in Carlton gear and actively barracked for them. The CS leaders asked her and her daughter to leave at 1/4 time and were told in no uncertain terms that she could bring anyone she liked into the area as she was a CS member. Apparently it nearly got physical. Now what sort of brainfade would let you bring an oppostion fan into a teams CS..even a family member? But..some might say that the mum had the right to use the ticket any way she saw fit?

I agree, verbal banter with oppo fans is great fun most of the time done in the right spirit..but..there are people who would rather not and Club reserved seating areas are designed to cater for them.
hmmm...interesting point re the Richmond CS.....should the same thing happen with an attempted intruder into OUR CS, would our CS do the same thing?

I'd bloody well hope so.

Dools - can you comment on anything similar and the outcome?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i think some people need to worry about more important things ffs....

whaaaaa
opp supporters next to me...no fair :cry: ....
i mean shesh
trying to tell us its ripping the club off....be real.
the seats PAID for.

if people arent checking tickets at the top of the aisle when peeps go to their seats then whinge to the stadium.
maybe we could do what i used to see as a kid at Upton Park.
95%of Hammers fans around the ground and 5% opp supporters in a caged enclosure floor to ceiling over in a corner.

8-)

fingers
Saintsational Legend

FFS have we nothing better to discuss on this forum?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:FFS have we nothing better to discuss on this forum?
I don't see what the current board have to do with this, please explain 8-)

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
me neither but I am sure it's their fault ;)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Actually, I'm not sure you're costing the Club anything?

How's this for an example?

I can buy a general admission (GA) ticket without a reserved seat attached to it.
If my mate has 2 reserved seats (1 for him and 1 for his missus) then the Club has collected the money for both seats whether anybody uses them or not.
If my mate lets me use his seat, how has the Club lost anything?
They've been paid for the seat and I've purchased the GA ticket.

What about the scenario where I have seats on L2 adn some of my seats aren't being used because some of the seatholders are playing footy during our daytime games. Why shouldn't I let some of my friends who also have seats, but in worse positions, use my spares for the day?

Why don't we all stop being so precious and stop intruding on the lives of others.

Not everyone is in the same financial position as everyone else, and plus as if eveyone on here wouldn't give an extra ticket to a family member if they had a vacant one......

Technically it's not allowed - But everyone has done it and will continue to do it so stop proclaiming as if you don't.

PS Magic - I agree.

thumbs up.......i'm taking my carlton friend to the saints v carscum match...and my brother in law to the melbourne match in qld......will use our tickets......and i don't really give a rats if anybody on here doesn't like it......i paid for the tickets......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I think it is terrible to use somebody elses reserved seat.

I am appalled.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fingers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I think it is terrible to use somebody elses reserved seat.

I am appalled.
I'm with you. A disgrace.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i'm starting to drown in all the crocodile tears....... :roll: :roll: :roll:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:

I am appalled.
Now dont get me wrong fingers. It isn't the people using that is the problem, it is the members who have two seats who flagrantly offer them to the free loader supporter.

Now they are the real problem :wink: :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Would never have happened if we'd set up a home base at the Junction Oval (or Elsternwick Park).

Shame GT, shame.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:
fingers wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Would never have happened if we'd set up a home base at the Junction Oval (or Elsternwick Park).

Shame GT, shame.
GT's gone. Move on.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
fingers wrote:

I am appalled.
Now dont get me wrong fingers. It isn't the people using that is the problem, it is the members who have two seats who flagrantly offer them to the free loader supporter.

Now they are the real problem :wink: :D
You are spot on Joffa - it's never the users. It's the pushers. We need to find out who is dealing the seats.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Between you and me, I can get 10 kilo's of uncut reserved seats from a contact in Asia.

I'm gunna start pushing them to the Auskick kids.

Lance or James??

fingers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Between you and me, I can get 10 kilo's of uncut reserved seats from a contact in Asia.

I'm gunna start pushing them to the Auskick kids.
I hear you can cut them beach chairs....they go a lot further that way.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

spyglass wrote:Eastern, the OP said aisles 36/37, but your latest post says the social club area. I thought the social club area was aisles 18/22 ish. If it was aisles 36/37 that these people were in then my understanding is that the stadium can sell any unsold seats in this area.
Thats exactly what hapened. The "randoms" had swans memberships oround their necks and it appeared that it was just the 2 of them and they weren't with anyone. Explanation from the club is that Level 1 is not completely sold and these seats are available to anyone on match day.

It has always been my understanding that the the area between Aisles 34-38 on level 1, being premium seats required us to be social club members, like level 2. Now I'm confused and disappointed that we cannot sell some of the best seats in the house and there is nothing that can be done to stop anyone from purchasing these seats on match day.

If I jumped the gun when I was chytty about this yesterday and offended anyone, I apologise !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
spyglass wrote:Eastern, the OP said aisles 36/37, but your latest post says the social club area. I thought the social club area was aisles 18/22 ish. If it was aisles 36/37 that these people were in then my understanding is that the stadium can sell any unsold seats in this area.
Thats exactly what hapened. The "randoms" had swans memberships oround their necks and it appeared that it was just the 2 of them and they weren't with anyone. Explanation from the club is that Level 1 is not completely sold and these seats are available to anyone on match day.

It has always been my understanding that the the area between Aisles 34-38 on level 1, being premium seats required us to be social club members, like level 2. Now I'm confused and disappointed that we cannot sell some of the best seats in the house and there is nothing that can be done to stop anyone from purchasing these seats on match day.

If I jumped the gun when I was chytty about this yesterday and offended anyone, I apologise !!

how dare an opposition supporter purchase a ticket and a seat at a st kilda home game....the cheek of the bastards...... :roll:

fingers
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Eastern wrote:

how dare an opposition supporter purchase a ticket and a seat at a st kilda home game....the cheek of the bastards...... :roll:
We should sue!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
stinger wrote:
Eastern wrote:

We should sue!
Our forum lawyer (whose initials are stinger) refuses to take the case on a "No Win-No Pay" basis :twisted: :roll: :wink: !!

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

RE: The CS issue.

Back in the 1970s when South Melbourne played at the Lake Oval, I was taken to the footy by my aunt, who happended to be a Swans supporter and happened to be a CS member.

I was clearly shown on television with my red, white and black beanie and scarf standing front row centre behind the rows of seats behind the grandstand end goals.

And I remember those people being very kind and welcoming to a young 10yo kid.

I reckon if that happened in today's social climate, my scarf would've been hooked up and lynched me.

My how times have changed. And surely for the better.......NOT.

I don't care who sits near me. I always cop a random idiot somewhere around me...or the row that requires blokes to get a beer every five minutes....it's the fun of the footy.

The FUN of the footy. Remember when it used to be fun? :roll:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I guess this thread proves that everyone has their own ideas and preferences as to what they want from a day/night at the footy...but I still maintain that in a reserved seating area some sort of courtesy for the people around you is just plain good manners. Maybe ask them do they mind if you bring an opposition fan next game if they promise to behave?

hey stinger just one question for you? You are OK with bringing your oppo friends to your reserved seats, but how would you feel if, when we play Essendon, someone near you brought their loud vociferous Essendon mate near wherever you sit...who proceeded to sledge Saints players all game?
Im just curious..as you are perhaps the least tolerant on here of opposition fans who wander in intent on a similar kind of mischief 8-) ...and in this case I can see the similarities between SS and a Saints reserved seat area at a game.

Its a honest question..dont bite my bloody head off 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:I guess this thread proves that everyone has their own ideas and preferences as to what they want from a day/night at the footy...but I still maintain that in a reserved seating area some sort of courtesy for the people around you is just plain good manners. Maybe ask them do they mind if you bring an opposition fan next game if they promise to behave?

hey stinger just one question for you? You are OK with bringing your oppo friends to your reserved seats, but how would you feel if, when we play Essendon, someone near you brought their loud vociferous Essendon mate near wherever you sit...who proceeded to sledge Saints players all game?
Im just curious..as you are perhaps the least tolerant on here of opposition fans who wander in intent on a similar kind of mischief 8-) ...and in this case I can see the similarities between SS and a Saints reserved seat area at a game.

<stinger mode> FFS......do i have to think for you......flowering flowers....hate opposition supporters....FFS... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: </stinger mode>
Last edited by SENsei on Mon 30 Mar 2009 5:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:RE: The CS issue.

Back in the 1970s when South Melbourne played at the Lake Oval, I was taken to the footy by my aunt, who happended to be a Swans supporter and happened to be a CS member.

I was clearly shown on television with my red, white and black beanie and scarf standing front row centre behind the rows of seats behind the grandstand end goals.

And I remember those people being very kind and welcoming to a young 10yo kid.

I reckon if that happened in today's social climate, my scarf would've been hooked up and lynched me.

My how times have changed. And surely for the better.......NOT.

I don't care who sits near me. I always cop a random idiot somewhere around me...or the row that requires blokes to get a beer every five minutes....it's the fun of the footy.

The FUN of the footy. Remember when it used to be fun? :roll:

when i was just a kid.....my father who was friends with allan cowie the then carscum secretary......read ceo.....would take me to princess park when the saints played the bluebaggers......whilst i would dress conservatively for those occasions...the blues management knew i was a saints supporter........didn't top them from letting me sit with them, share their meat pies at half time ...or giving me a footy.....

didn't stop me hating cascum though.....

yeah...and i'm with you on the clowns that can't sit still for a quarter without getting a beer......personally...i'd ban pple taking beer back to their seats...far worse than having an enemy within abusing distance..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: ...gotta have someone to make fun of..... :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:I guess this thread proves that everyone has their own ideas and preferences as to what they want from a day/night at the footy...but I still maintain that in a reserved seating area some sort of courtesy for the people around you is just plain good manners. Maybe ask them do they mind if you bring an opposition fan next game if they promise to behave?

see my earlier answer.......love having a loud mouth opposition supporter near me to abuse....providing of course we are winning.......me intolerant?????......how rude.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

anyway....none of my friends are loud mouthed...one's a doctor.......the other one a gentleman and scholar... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: 8-)