BREAKING NEWS...and not good :-( X - ACL injury)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

henno
Club Player

if david hille can do one at age 29 and no one says anything about retirement/delisting how can we say the same about a 25 y.o?

also many on this board would've ridden russell robbo off after his achilles injury if he played for us....and the afl haven't confirmed this yet. not one article on afl.com or heraldsun website.

wait for scans, and even then he could do it the malceski way and be back before the end of the year.

think positiv guys!!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:honestly a ACL is bad but he will get it fixed have time in rehab nd come back .... the fact is its not his body leting him down this time yes the knee is part of the body but its not like a conditioning injury so from where i sit the bloke has ticked all the boxes asked of him hes trained hard gone into the ressys and played solidly and been on the verge of breaking into the team the knee is a set back but lets put it this way at the very worse he is worth a spot in the top 40 players on our list even with the knee he wouldnt be in our bottom 6 players if anything this knee injury more then likly locks him to us but maybe a bit lower in the pecking order now. you delist players whith no upside not players like X
terrible injury for x if it is confirmed but agree with trav totally

unlike an attard xavier can get his own ball and has speed

look in terms of his career it's up to him and the coaching group on where they go. He will have to impress with his rehab and all my thoughts are with him.

I believe we will see x back in the red white and black but still shattering news :cry:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx
7:03 PM Sat 02 May, 2009

Xavier Clarke awaits scan results

St Kilda defender Xavier Clarke has suffered a potentially serious knee injury in Sandringham's 48 point VFL loss against Williamstown.

The 25-year old will have scans on Sunday on a suspected ACL injury.

Drafted fifth overall in 2001, Clarke has played 105 senior games for the Saints but has been thwarted by injury throughout the last year. He started 2009 at Sandringham with increased vigour, posting a number of best on ground performances, staking claims for senior selection.

St Kilda Football Manager, Greg Hutchison said, "It was extremely unfortunate to see Xavier go down with a knee injury against Williamstown today. He's had an incredibly bright start to the year with Sandy and is just one of the players who has been working hard to put his name forth for a senior game.

"Xavier will have scans on Sunday and we should know more by Monday."

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ace
Saintsational Legend

FRAGILE

X will now be out of the game for 12 months.
He has two choices, he can put his head down and get his body and hamstrings right over this time.
Stretch them hammys until they are as loose as Pratt with the truth.
OR
he can be lazy, come back in 12 months and do his hamstrings first match back.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Good luck X, certainly should be back, maybe the time away might give you time to get some strength throughout your body, not just the knee.

Here's one hoping for a full recovery.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:FRAGILE

He has two choices, he can put his head down and get his body and hamstrings right over this time.
OR
he can be lazy, come back in 12 months and do his hamstrings first match back.
So players that have hamstring injuries are the result of laziness?

This is the bulls*** attitude that is ever too consistent within Saintsational.

Any player that gets injured, is lazy.
Any player than doesn't make it at AFL, didnt work hard enough.

Seriously, this is just idiotic.

saintjake
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
older saint wrote:
Spinner wrote:Should have been playing in the fkning seniors.....

This is bulls***.
Rubbish.
Unlucky yes!
May actually keep him at the club as if out of contract (i think) will have to take a smaller contract and of no trade value, whereas if fit may not have been able to afford himor lost him for nothing

Most make full recovery now days

In front of McQualter, Eddy, Gwilt and co.....

Just because we are winning doesn't mean players can't get dropped. He has played over 100 games, was finding form in the reserves and definitely is a senior player.

Stubbornness has destroyed his career this time.

Lyon won't give him another chance. Yet people tend to forget how good his best was...

In a matter of no time, all of the 'bit' players in our team won't look so good when we lose.
and its people like you who are blinded by how good his best could be
to how bad his worst was
and how rare it was for him to play his best.
one of the most inconsistant players i have seen

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
to how bad his worst was
and where do YOU, ace and others on here get the option of declaring his career over?
that is for Xavier and the Coaching staff
he has an Injury after a great 4-6 weeks

" In YOUR' opinion" thats not ALL opinions, If Ace is at every training session or even atleast one per week and can tell us without personal bias - that Xavier doesn't train = lazy = then there may be fact behind his statement- If it's an " impression" then say so, don't presume to give posters the idea you know for FACT..

"COULD" ( heaven forbid) end, NOT "is the end "

just because you do not like particular players or their style or how their skill is displayed does not make you the judge and jury on their careers.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
vacuous space
SS Life Member

I suppose it would be too easy to have the news in the header. I mean, the heading could just be 'X does ACL' and it would be more informative than the current title. We also wouldn't have the repeat threads.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

im glad some one mentioned the "lazy" thing ... lets look at it there are many players in the AFL that are for lack of a better word "lazy" the thing with that is players that are lazy dont last long not in a team environment like a footy club especially for 8 years like X has been in the team .. the thing with X is everyone is still caught up in the fact he was an early pick in the draft . the thing with that is after a player has played two seasons it shouldnt matter what number they were called out in the draft , X has had his issues with his body but really how much of that is due to the substandard fitness gurus we have had at our club ? as a young fella coming to the club we may have been guilty of rushing his development hence causing havok on his body that has caused all his soft tissue injurys not lazyness .... its funny how some ppl also complaint that we are not bringing in our new guys early but if you look at ppl like X and see how rushing his development can cause havok its probobly a smarter approch to take our time ??

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

To those who say his career is over, meaning we get a 4th, 5th or 6th round pick in this years draft, a draft that they are already calling thin especially with GC17 locking in the top 12 17 year olds...

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING!

Worst case, full knee reco next week, back playing for Sandy in Round 5, 2010 and pushing for senior selection by Rounds 10 or 12. I'm pretty sure that's already a better scenario than a speculative round 5 pick in the November draft.

All the best X with whatever the diagnosis on your knee.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Best of luck X.

I'm confident he will be dropped and not delisted.

To all those IDIOTS that are indeed dancing on his grave, howabout we all meet up at Livewire for a chat about it?

Or you can just stick to being internet legends instead.....

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
Spinner wrote:
older saint wrote:
Spinner wrote:Should have been playing in the fkning seniors.....

This is bulls***.
Rubbish.
Unlucky yes!
May actually keep him at the club as if out of contract (i think) will have to take a smaller contract and of no trade value, whereas if fit may not have been able to afford himor lost him for nothing

Most make full recovery now days

In front of McQualter, Eddy, Gwilt and co.....

Just because we are winning doesn't mean players can't get dropped. He has played over 100 games, was finding form in the reserves and definitely is a senior player.

Stubbornness has destroyed his career this time.

Lyon won't give him another chance. Yet people tend to forget how good his best was...

In a matter of no time, all of the 'bit' players in our team won't look so good when we lose.
to how bad his worst was
Gee maybe his injuries had something to do with it......

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Ghost Like wrote:To those who say his career is over, meaning we get a 4th, 5th or 6th round pick in this years draft, a draft that they are already calling thin especially with GC17 locking in the top 12 17 year olds...
I doubt we'll be trading X. We definitely won't be delisting him. He should make an 100% recovery from an ACL. Plenty of teams would happily take him on if we cut him. I'm not sure many teams would sacrifice a good draft pick for him though. If somebody did offer us good value for him though, we'd be nuts not to take it. We need futures more than we need older depth players right now. Depending on what happens with the 18th licence, it could be two years before we're picking in the top-25 again. Adding an A-grade prospect at the expense of an older, depth player would be fine with me.

This year's draft is largely untouched by GC. They get the same thing they did last year - access to underage Queenslanders. They don't have any access to draft eligible kids outside of QLD. The perceived weakness of the draft is due to a change in eligibility rules. They've shifted the date back to cut out the bottom agers. It's premature to say the draft is thin. It may lack depth as a result of the changes, but it's not likely to lack the top end talent. 2010 should be saved a bit by the changes. 2011 is the one that's really looking like a nightmare. It could be saved by a good group of kids though. Hopefully a lot of people with good genes were reproducing in the early 90s.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Spinner"][quote="ace"]FRAGILE

OR
he can be lazy, come back in 12 months and do his hamstrings first match back.[/quote]

So players that have hamstring injuries are the result of laziness?

This is the bulls*** attitude that is ever too consistent within Saintsational.

Any player that gets injured, is lazy.
Any player than doesn't make it at AFL, didnt work hard enough.

Seriously, this is just idiotic.[/quote]

Didn't say he was lazy, I said he was FRAGILE.

Now Ben Cousins spent a year out of the game.
Reports are that St Kilda was concerned that for a year his hamstrings had NOT been properly worked on.
Now that is lazy, and we all know what happened in Cousin's first full game back.

X needs to work hard on his body, his hamstrings and his knee for when he comes back.
Otherwise on his return he will do a Cousins, and each time he does a hammy they get more likely to go again.
It is up to X.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

some guys never have any luck. i feel very sad for him.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

such a shame as at his best I have him in my 22.

“Yeah….nah””
To the top
SS Life Member

"I've been waiting to see what injury will put X out next now we know, poor buggar.

That must be just about all she wrote"

And then you respond to a post by me critical of those, to quote someone else, who are "dancing on X's grave".

He is 25 years of age, a sensational footballer with his skills, his pace, his attack on the footy, his attack on opposition players with then footy and his use of the footy when he has it.

Plus he can throw in a "speccy".

The comment I have put stands in regards you and the others singing "that must be just about all she wrote" in regards the future of Xavier Clarke.

He is a class footballer and a class act.

We were in a position to listen to his conversation with and then interview with Leigh Colbert during the Fremantle game, sitting on the fence and only a few feet from the interview.

I repeat, a class footballer and a class act.

A person St Kilda should be proud of being associated with.

Consequently, if the worst is confirmed by the necessary examinations, I would expect the club to stand firmly behind him and fully support his rehabilitation to AFL football, as it has done with the likes of Riewoldt, Koschitzke, Hayes, Goddard, Maguire, Gardiner, Raph Clarke, Ball and the raft of others who have had long term injuries and have missed seasons, including, in Ball's case, also for study.

IF St Kilda are going to challenge for a flag, each of Riewoldt, Koschitzke, Hayes, Goddard, Maguire, Gardiner, Raph Clarke, Ball and Xavier Clarke are required players.

Are you also saying "that's about all she wrote" in regards Dempster or Allen?

And if not, why not?

How many games have they played for St Kilda in the lead up to missing a season?

Richter
SS Life Member

Gee, how much rank bad luck can one bloke have.

Here's wishing you the best on your recovery X.

Still plenty young enough to do the rehab and push again for a spot in the senior side this time next year.

ACL's are NOT these days usually career-ending injuries the way some other knee problems can be.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="bigcarl"]some guys never have any luck. i feel very sad for him.[/quote]

Life is like a hand of cards, some of us are dealt better cards than others, but in life's success depends on how you play the cards you have.
Complaining about luck doesn't help you win.

X was dealt some good cards - born in Australia not Africa or Asia, naturally talented footballer, some bad - fragile body.

He has played some of those cards well to become an AFL footballer.
I hope he wins by playing the remaining cards even better.

The ACE should know.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Gee, how much rank bad luck can one bloke have.

Here's wishing you the best on your recovery X.

Still plenty young enough to do the rehab and push again for a spot in the senior side this time next year.

yes. we know x is prone to soft tissue injuries, but serious knee injuries are another thing altogether.

just pure rotten luck, as you say, and nothing to do with a "fragile body" as players like bj and riewoldt would know.

it is a long way back from where he is right now. i hope he makes it.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

My goodness some of you guys are so precious it's almost unbearable.

1. No1 is dancing on X's grave so to speak. While some forumites think his career is over, no1 is happy the guy has done is knee

2. Whether you want to acknowledge or not, yes X's career is officially in jeopardy. He's an 8-9 year player that has never been able cement a spot in the side mostly due to injury. We all thought that this was a make or break season

3. A heap of players have overtaken him and this is yet another set back.

4. Comparisons to other players that have been injured are stupid. Goddard was younger and clearly more talented... Hayes & Harvey were more established

Should he be delisted??? Bad luck is one thing but IMO X has done everything possible over the past 12months to get his body right. His work ethic has never been in doubt.
He's a player that's worthy of another shot IMO

claystreet
Club Player

To the top wrote:"I've been waiting to see what injury will put X out next now we know, poor buggar.

That must be just about all she wrote"
Wow i really dug the boots in to poor X there didnt i :roll:

X is injury prone always has been and yes i have been waiting and or wondering what his next bit of bad luck (not wishing it) will be and now we know. I didnt wish it on him i think his carrer is a waste through injury and rotten luck

The second comment was made meaning his season is gone and after doing 2 ACL's myself i might have a little idea on what it entails.

As for the rest of your dribble i didnt read it, your too precious in your own mind to for me to waste the 2 seconds to absord what ever it is your on about.

Now go back and read your original expert prognosis post and see what a load of contrite rubbish you were putting forward as football and or medical information.

You started the name calling but as you were looking at yourself in the mirror as you posted i will accept your apology and that that you made a mistake.

nuff nuff said

carnasaints55
Club Player

skeptic wrote:My goodness some of you guys are so precious it's almost unbearable.

1. No1 is dancing on X's grave so to speak. While some forumites think his career is over, no1 is happy the guy has done is knee

2. Whether you want to acknowledge or not, yes X's career is officially in jeopardy. He's an 8-9 year player that has never been able cement a spot in the side mostly due to injury. We all thought that this was a make or break season

3. A heap of players have overtaken him and this is yet another set back.

4. Comparisons to other players that have been injured are stupid. Goddard was younger and clearly more talented... Hayes & Harvey were more established
genius. I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said. people need to calm down and just take posts at face value.

roo=god
kaos theory
Club Player

Thats BS.

"career is officially in jeopardy" - WTF do you know? Is he the only player to do his knee? Maybe we should have him put down. :roll:

All we know is that his has done his knee, he will get it scanned, and a decision to will be made for the best recovery path.

The rest will be up to him to focus on recovery and get back to playing good footy.