Riewoldt's Words To Hutchy On The Footy Show....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SideshowMilne wrote:but heck It makes a good read as is more often than not spot on.
I think it's gossip.

I think we deserve better than gossip.

But gossip-drunk bogans buy a stack of the small papers, so that'll be that...

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SideshowMilne wrote:If Hutchy was way off the mark with his reporting, why are Richmond so concerned about in house leaks.

I reckon Hutchy had it damm near spot on, went with it, whilst at the same a huge reversal was in motion down at Tigerland. Yes you can hate him and caro for airing stuff the clubs and afl don't want us to always know, but heck It makes a good read as is more often than not spot on.
There's a big difference between reporting the news and creating it.

Mark Robinson obviously got hold of the Wallce drinking away his sorrows story and wrote his 'sacking story' for the Hun.

Hutchy the Tosser got a tip that there was a meeting going on at Gary March's offices (the bloke who tipped him rang SEN and told them he'd tipped him off).
He then took what Robinson was reporting and embellished it enough to telephone KB on SEN and give his version of events, whilst standing outside the offices.
Remember at that time he had not spoken to anybody iside that meeting, and yet he 'confirmed' that Wallace ahd been sacked, as well as Brian Royal.
Which one of the main players in this farce did he confirm it with?
They were all inside the meeting before Hutchy got there and still in there when Hutchy rang SEN.

SO he either made it up or he had his version confirmed by somebody who wasn't at the meeting.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

I reckon Hutchy was far from "owned" as some of you think.

From where I was sitting this is what I saw...

1) Riewoldt asks a question questioning Hutchison's credibility

2) Hutchison responds

3) Riewoldt, a little lost for words, asks the same question again, only wording it a little differently

Isn't that what happened?

I mean, Riewoldt's a great player and all, but did he seriously make Hutchy squirm in his seat? Hardly.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I dont think hutchy squirmed

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/video.aspx?t ... 2637545CBB

video of the initial discussion.......
with Nick's comments.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
StSteven
Club Player

not Nick's finest minute!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:not Nick's finest minute!
I suppose we all watch the same footage and some of us see different things.

I just watched the link Bratty put up of the show (didn't see it last night) and I didn't see anything that Roo would/could/should be embarrased about.
I thought he put the question/point fairly to Hutchy ( but I'm biased against Hutchy so it probably coloured my view of it).

Loyal
Club Player

what roo should have done when newman asked him to eat a chilli was say:-
"get the fat (~^7 mate of your's out here sam and if he eats one i'll eat two..."

Footy Classified - NO ROOM FOR THE, who farted?
Beej
Saintsational Legend

If anything, it was Nick squirming in his seat. I'm not sure why either. He asked a perfectly legitimate question but, for some reason, looked a little awkward asking it.

Hutchy was not flustered at all IMO.

Loyal
Club Player

It also comes down to what Smudgestick has reported on TFS since the last time Roo was on when Lyon asked Roo

'would you be tempted to go to GC17 .. you could probably get $1m?'
to which Roo said
'it would be nice wouldn't it..'

Smudgestick extrapolated that Roo may in all liklihood go to GC17 and had reported suchly as 'his opinion' on TFS.
Another occassion where Smudgestick was completely off target.

Clearly Roo doesn't have time for Clay Smudgestick and not many footballers do.
The trouble with Smudgestick is that he just invents things.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Rewoildt could of said "I just farted everyone and it really stinks" and you lot would be throwing praise at him. Similar to when a rockstar speaks between songs at a concert and the crowd all cheer at what he says even though it's irrelevant.
Big deal

Keep exposing the riff raff Hutchy 8-)

An accurate statement and im not surprised that it has been howled down by other posters.

I hate Hutchy, but he has the ability to sound right even when he isn't. And it irritates me to no end. Roo didn't make him uncomfortable.....People on here just have no idea.

Loyal
Club Player

Spinner. It's over, move on with your life. :idea:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

richo and roo intimidated hutchy in my opinion.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:Spinner. It's over, move on with your life. :idea:

Good response.

Loyal
Club Player

c'mon man no-one gives a f~ck what hutchison thinks. he's a fat old pile of sh*t individual who has no right whatsoever to comment of football. he is a scummy hack journo who supports melbourne ffs. the only reason why he is on TFS is because he has spent the last five years with his tongue firmly licking the collective channel nine bumhole. he wouldn't know if richo was eight inches up him. the guy is lower than a molerat.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:c'mon man no-one gives a f~ck what hutchison thinks. he's a fat old pile of sh*t individual who has no right whatsoever to comment of football. he is a scummy hack journo who supports melbourne ffs. the only reason why he is on TFS is because he has spent the last five years with his tongue firmly licking the collective channel nine bumhole. he wouldn't know if richo was eight inches up him. the guy is lower than a molerat.
I agree, indicated when I mentioned I hated the bloke.

But.

I don't think Riewoldt put him in his place.

Cro
Club Player

OLB wrote:If anything, it was Nick squirming in his seat. I'm not sure why either. He asked a perfectly legitimate question but, for some reason, looked a little awkward asking it.

Hutchy was not flustered at all IMO.
I don't think Nick put him in his place. But "Don't shoot the messenger" is hardly an adequate response to the question.

Loyal
Club Player

... bit of a joke really being expected to go on that rabble of a show and play with a straight bat.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I think the point missed here is that Hutchison should have squirmed. He should have been embarrassed that he had passed a guess off as fact. Roo called him on it & he still lacked the courage to say 'yep, I wasn't in the room & I relied on a source for my info'. (I reckon TFS have a lot to answer for as they promoted the story as if CH was IN the meeting!)

Mark Robinson had the courage to apologise for jumping the gun & calling Wallace's sacking before it happened. Scumbag Hutchison doesn't have the integrity or intelligence to understand that what he did was unethical (even for a tabloid journo).

He has plenty of priors doing the same thing (as we all know) but until someone at 9, SEN & the SHS wakes up & realises that a great bloke like Chris Jones could do the exact job with everyone hating him, well we're stuck with the poisonous snake.

90% of the footy loving population hate the bloke. It's only a matter of time before someone fills the smug prick in.

Oh yeah, here's a story for any journo's out there. Hutchy is a member of the amo team that caused a ruckus having a stripper before their game a few weeks back... funny how that was omitted from the papers... or maybe the report was from an inside, dirty, mole that would sell out his mates- I got that from a good source but wasn't in the room.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
jonesy wrote:Rewoildt could of said "I just farted everyone and it really stinks" and you lot would be throwing praise at him. Similar to when a rockstar speaks between songs at a concert and the crowd all cheer at what he says even though it's irrelevant.
Big deal

Keep exposing the riff raff Hutchy 8-)

An accurate statement and im not surprised that it has been howled down by other posters.

I hate Hutchy, but he has the ability to sound right even when he isn't. And it irritates me to no end. Roo didn't make him uncomfortable.....People on here just have no idea.
Have a look at Hutchy's body language, in particular his hands. To me, it looked like he was uncomfortable. He didn't sound uncomfortable, but I suspect he actually was.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I watch the show "religiously", then again, I haven't been to Mass for 30 years!

But I have watched the link. No wonder eye witnesses to a crime are the most unreliable. First, nothing happens on TFS that is not scripted, except when there is a follow up. Nick asked "The Creep" whether "fact" was too strong a word for someone to use who wasn't present at the conversation. "The Creep" gave the usual journalist response, that he had been told by reliable sources (ie someone with an axe to grind or someone who would sell their mother for 5 cents). Nick, obviously not aware that journalists are lying scum (or maybe he is), asked the question again. This is when "The Creep" squirmed, and the "hosts" moved on.

Nick 1
The Creep 0
Last edited by perfectionist on Fri 29 May 2009 10:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loyal
Club Player

Clay Smudgestick is a molerat tunnelling for a blind root in the dark. Molerat!

jackal
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:
SaintDebi wrote:I do agree with this. I actually think Richo handled himself very well throughout the show last night.
I don't think Richo should have brought up his issue on the show if he didn't intend to air it on the show. If he questioned the accuracy of something Hutchy had said about the club, then surely it would have been better to voice his displeasure on-air.
wrong...some things should be said in private. Let the world know you intend to say something but be dignified and keep it one on one.

jackal
Club Player

SideshowMilne wrote:If Hutchy was way off the mark with his reporting, why are Richmond so concerned about in house leaks.

I reckon Hutchy had it damm near spot on, went with it, whilst at the same a huge reversal was in motion down at Tigerland. Yes you can hate him and caro for airing stuff the clubs and afl don't want us to always know, but heck It makes a good read as is more often than not spot on.
and this is obviously an accurate statement which means that the context of what richo would have said to hutchy(I would guess ;) ) would be along the lines of slander and politics rather than spreading lies.

jackal
Club Player

and this is obviously an accurate statement which means that the context of what richo would have said to hutchy(I would guess ;) ) would be along the lines of slander and politics rather than spreading lies.