Very annoyed...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Don't we have PCL as a sponsor? :D

Gurgman
Club Player

CURLY wrote:Got two tickets and passed them on as I refuse to go while others missed out. The AFLs ticket policy is undefendable and soon the Grand Final will be exclusive to the well to do of the world.

You must have some issues mate , im not rich , in fact im out of work ATM so you are fool to think only well to do people are going , hope you have fun on your couch

And i thought this was a forum
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Gurgman wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:Isn't AFL membership and MCC about $700 a year?

Also plenty of medium income families have both memberships, it's not exactly a exclusive club. You just have to put your name down fairly early on.

For full mmbership I think it is 15+ years for the MCC and 8+ years for the AFl.

Any member can nominate anyone else, you don't have to show your bank balance :lol:
To be honnest i cant remember , i think its about $450 and then i part out another $160 so i can get a seat at Telstra - WTF stadium for home and away games , i struggle to afford it but its worth it in the end as you only pay a tad over $100 for a GF ticket , id suggest people start joining as the same thing is going to happen with the tickets for club members and social club members in years to come .
If you can't remember what it costs, I'm sure you can afford it.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Gurgman wrote:
CURLY wrote:Got two tickets and passed them on as I refuse to go while others missed out. The AFLs ticket policy is undefendable and soon the Grand Final will be exclusive to the well to do of the world.

You must have some issues mate , im not rich , in fact im out of work ATM so you are fool to think only well to do people are going , hope you have fun on your couch
What does it say clown? SOON!!!! While the AFL allocates a poultry 25000 tickets to clubs now how long until its zero?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Gurgman
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Gurgman wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:Isn't AFL membership and MCC about $700 a year?

Also plenty of medium income families have both memberships, it's not exactly a exclusive club. You just have to put your name down fairly early on.

For full mmbership I think it is 15+ years for the MCC and 8+ years for the AFl.

Any member can nominate anyone else, you don't have to show your bank balance :lol:
To be honnest i cant remember , i think its about $450 and then i part out another $160 so i can get a seat at Telstra - WTF stadium for home and away games , i struggle to afford it but its worth it in the end as you only pay a tad over $100 for a GF ticket , id suggest people start joining as the same thing is going to happen with the tickets for club members and social club members in years to come .
If you can't remember what it costs, I'm sure you can afford it.

Bernard , you dont know s*** about me so STFU , i payed for membership back in Jan , i have only been out of work for tlast three months , so maybe think before you gob off

Milton66
SS Life Member

Is it anyone's business what people can and cannot afford?

Talk about bitter p3nis envy here.

Take it up with the club if you have a gripe, ffs. :evil:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Gurgman
Club Player

CURLY wrote:
Gurgman wrote:

What does it say clown? SOON!!!! While the AFL allocates a poultry 25000 tickets to clubs now how long until its zero?
All im saying is dont bite your nose off despite your face , your not the only ones getting screwed , they only created the AFL members to pay off the Southern stand , once that was done they soon cut back what we got with our membership

suss
Club Player

saint75 wrote:
suss wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:
suss wrote:
saint75 wrote:
suss wrote:Interesting article in the Age today regarding this corporate greed on display at the moment:

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/societ ... -fyiz.html

And if tickets for MCC and AFL members were reserved for those that actually supported the teams playing we could get another 50,000 members of the competing clubs into the ground.
MCC and AFL members pay good money year in year out for their memberships. A perk of the membership is the ability to attend events such as the AFL Grand Final. You can hardly expect these memberships to be restricted to competing clubs only. However, maybe small sections of these areas could be restricted for competing clubs supporters only. This solution may help the situation.
No they don’t. They pay f all for the privilege of enjoying and hijacking the best sporting events in town because their parents put them on a waiting list the day they were born.

It’s an old-money old-Melbourne boy’s club scam set-up by parasites for parasites.

The Grand Final would be a million times better it was reserved for the people that actually put in the bulk of football revenue, not a bunch of tossers that pay a few hundred bucks per year and expect and get the world in return.
Listen here suss.....

I pay anywhere between $450 to $600 per year for my MCC membership, as do thousands of other people.

Calling us parasites.....get a clue you flog!!!
Great. I'd like to join next year. Where do I sign up?

I don't need to be nominated by a parasite do I?

That nomination doesn't need to be seconded by a paraside does it?

I surely don't need to sit on a waiting list for 20+ years do I?

It's old boy exclusivism of the worst kind.
Give your shoulder a rub mate, your chip is beginning to bother you by the tone of your posts. Crawl back into the hole in which you came from as your clearly have no idea.
Gee that's a clever argument with some really cogent points. Back down the hole I suppose. :roll:

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

suss wrote:
saint75 wrote:
suss wrote:
suss wrote:
saint75 wrote:
suss wrote:Interesting article in the Age today regarding this corporate greed on display at the moment:

And if tickets for MCC and AFL members were reserved for those that actually supported the teams playing we could get another 50,000 members of the competing clubs into the ground.
MCC and AFL members pay good money year in year out for their memberships. A perk of the membership is the ability to attend events such as the AFL Grand Final. You can hardly expect these memberships to be restricted to competing clubs only. However, maybe small sections of these areas could be restricted for competing clubs supporters only. This solution may help the situation.
No they don’t. They pay f all for the privilege of enjoying and hijacking the best sporting events in town because their parents put them on a waiting list the day they were born.

It’s an old-money old-Melbourne boy’s club scam set-up by parasites for parasites.

The Grand Final would be a million times better it was reserved for the people that actually put in the bulk of football revenue, not a bunch of tossers that pay a few hundred bucks per year and expect and get the world in return.
Listen here suss.....

I pay anywhere between $450 to $600 per year for my MCC membership, as do thousands of other people.

Give your shoulder a rub mate, your chip is beginning to bother you by the tone of your posts. Crawl back into the hole in which you came from as your clearly have no idea.
Gee that's a clever argument with some really cogent points. Back down the hole I suppose. :roll:
Suck it up princess....

Now, back to having a tug for you :lol:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Gurgman wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Gurgman wrote:

All im saying is dont bite your nose off despite your face , your not the only ones getting screwed , they only created the AFL members to pay off the Southern stand , once that was done they soon cut back what we got with our membership
Stiff that you're out of work, but If you can afford what you say you have, you're doing a lot better than many I know.

Sounds like you've been doing very well for quite a while.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

You need to be a FULL MCC member to attend the GF

The waiting period for that at present is around 25 years

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

suss wrote:
saint75 wrote:
suss wrote:
suss wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Listen here suss.....

Why would I bother placing forth any arguments when all you do is bitch and moan because you feel hard done by? Obviously you cannot afford the memberships for these areas (as most cannot in these hard times) but don't begrudge others who can. To call them 'parasites' is pitiful and childish at best.

Fortius Quo Fidelius