Just watched the replay...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

whatever all i know is memebrship will drop this year and it is simply that fact that will help you realise a lot more people think the same as me. Just remember that when people are asking, 'why can't the saints get over 30,000 memebers.

That's a load of BS, we will get more members, because a lot of people will believe, like I do, that an era is at it's beginnings.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Your brave :shock:
yep, i won't be watching th ereplay.

just like i haven't watched the 1997 replay.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:Doc interview was before the game.

If you don't get a tad emotional watching that, you're not human. LOL

Oh, how great it would've been to see him presenting the cup to Roo...
Jack Barker was sitting behind me, just to my right in a wheelchair, I was back row level 2 Ponsford stand, I wasn't sitting for the last bit of the game, just pacing around behind, when the siren sounded I had tears in my eyes, I put my arm around Jack and he looked at me, we both looked sad obviously, I know I called him a legend, can't remember much else,

just remember thinking I hope you stick around for at least another 12 months to see redemption,

just too sad, getting teary now thinking about it, those missed goals keep haunting me, FFS

and everytime I see Scarlett particularly with his orange hair and not forgetting what he said to Harvey, I feel pathologically disturbed

where's the ****** prozac!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote:
OLB wrote:Doc interview was before the game.
and everytime I see Scarlett particularly with his orange hair and not forgetting what he said to Harvey, I feel pathologically disturbed

where's the ****** prozac!
That really bites doesn't it? Saw him wearing that wig and felt like kicking the television.

Oh well, so much for the sun coming up this morning. Now peeved off again.... :(

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Q5
Club Player

Schillaci wrote:I watched a replay of it yesterday as well. Thought long and hard before I did though and being two days later was easier to do.
Second time helps to pick up small things, clarify things and still shake your head at those misses.
Watching again helped me realize how busy Gram was. I knew that he played well but watching it live I suppose I was focussing on our other midfielders.
Feel better for looking at it again oddly enough. No need to watch it again though.
Same - watched again yesterday and like OP, noticed things about it that you couldn't see live though it did make the missed opportunities stand out more! Very proud of the boys though - it was a hard game.

Only good thing to come out of the weekend was that I taped '97 GF and have never watched it and couldn't seem to tape over it. Think I have finally reached 'closure' on that one and can now destroy the tape unviewed...

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: I watched on the couch, but footy classified finished last week I think...In some weird way, I just needed to hear if people were giving us any respect....I won't watch the game for a little while yet.
that's why I watch/read- so much emotion of you talk to/ post with fellow saints
it's good to hear what the likes of Hirdy think, those not trying to big note themselves....
those who are removed but close to the game- Bit like hearing 'players' choose saitns last week where are journos and those out of the game where more liable to choose cats'

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintly
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Just watched it on Foxtel, well up to when Chapman kicked that goal.
We should have been 3-4 goals up at halftime, & 3/4 time, missed opportunities cost us.
I know a lot of people are bagging Milne here, but hey he played played better than Varcoe or Johnson did. What Milne did wrong is miss the goals he would normally swallow.
The two set shots we're particularly bad, if he had got that first one, his confidence would have been up. Also thought the 50 metre penalty was harsh seeing the Geelong player sat on him and wouldn't let him up.
There was a similar incident in the third quarter where a Geelong player was pinged and took just as long to give up the ball and no 50m.
As I said, and even more reinforced by watching the game, I would not be looking at trading anybody who played on Saturday, I'd be looking at improving our depth even more and developing our own.I'd also look to improving Joey's kicking at goal, believe he kicked something like 8 18 for the year, we need him kicking about 20+ for us.
Of course the third marking forward option is vital, if we can get someone who can kick 30+ goals for us on top of Roo, Kosi, Schneider and Milne, we will be a very happy and hungover bunch of supporters 1 year from now.
I'm not sure. i sort've think that some or even afew need trading out or delisting. you do have to think long and hard about milne. if he keeps failing in finals what does the saints do?

Dempster not sure he should have played. he will be better next year though. doubt he is tradable

Clarke brothers. ?

King made to retire? i think the dsaints have already offered him a contract next year.

not many others, i would trade except maybe Ball