Lovett suspended

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Saintersss wrote:Veryy dissapointing...

Its looking like a very bad drafting/trading period this year.
Walsh you talking about ?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Our jinx has kicked in a little earlier than usual. Luke Ball is now a certainty for the Brownlow.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

perfectionist wrote:Our jinx has kicked in a little earlier than usual. Luke Ball is now a certainty for the Brownlow.
lowbrown maybe ?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I'm furious at the club. Which has been a long time that I can say that. Everyone knew this guy was a tool, everyone knew he was undisciplined, yet we wasted a 1st round draft pick not to mention anything up to 500k a year (which was his asking price) from our already tight salary cap on this tosser.

At least it happened now. Move him on and let's get on with next year I say.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

At this point it is ALLEGATION ONLY so we all need to be careful what we post on this issue.

However, I do have concerns that it has gone beyond this as the club has acted very quickly to "Indefinately" suspend him and inform the media that he is to have NOTHING to do with the club in the short term. This to me suggests that the club is in posession of more information than has been publicly released.

The "Media Conference" at 4.00pm may or may not shed some more light on this subject. In the meantime, TREAD CAREFULLY FOLKS as NO charges have been laid !!
Last edited by Eastern on Thu 24 Dec 2009 5:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Saintersss
Club Player

samoht wrote:
Saintersss wrote:Veryy dissapointing...

Its looking like a very bad drafting/trading period this year.
Walsh you talking about ?
I really don't want to stray from the topic, but if you honestlty think it was a good trade/draft period, well you are easily pleased. A rookie who has never played AFL hardly makes up for it.

Anyways back on the topic, hopefully its not as bad as it sounds, but still it looks grim for Lovett, very hard position for the Saints. Do you get rid of a d**khead early even though you just used a first round pick or do you keep him just for his playing ability.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Suspending him does not help him. It just further isolates him increasing the possiblity of further transgressions. This guy needs to be put on leash.
A leash that is so short he can't go to the toilet without permission.

It is all about marketing. Clubs suspend players in these situations and then later announce the size of a massive fine. Who knows if these fines are ever paid. The present system is like sending a first time petty criminal to jail to learn to be a full time hardened criminal.

The value of these guys is in playing for the club, not in them being good citizens.
St Kilda should find a better way to discipline players, one that can actually be seen to help wayward players from reoffending.

Maybe some of you can come with some suggestions for the club.
Required to live under supervision like a child at home.
Ankle bracklets to monitor that he stays home after 6PM, daily blood alcohol tests.

Lets see some positive suggestions.
Oops I forgot where I am, this is the saintsational forum.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I wouldnt make a decision until the alligations are proven either way, anyone remember the Milne/Montagna saga from 04?

I agree the man is a complete tool for allowing himself to be in this situation a second time after not even playing a game yet at his "second chance" new club and the club looks stupid for recruiting him but id like to see where this goes.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Furphy
Club Player

Moods wrote:I'm furious at the club. Which has been a long time that I can say that. Everyone knew this guy was a tool, everyone knew he was undisciplined, yet we wasted a 1st round draft pick not to mention anything up to 500k a year (which was his asking price) from our already tight salary cap on this tosser.

At least it happened now. Move him on and let's get on with next year I say.
And the club thought drafting Ben Cousins was too risky?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

it was a risk that failed, bad luck, we move on and make best with what we have, I haven't seen all the details yet but where there is smoke....and I should know.... :wink: .... there is fire and he is a loser.
What a shame knowing his past he didn't get a minder.
I feel like kicking the idiots arse off.

SaintDebi
Club Player

Agree we have to be careful until we know all details, but I will say that I would expect someone who was already trying to redeem/prove themselves to a new club should not put themselves in a situation where there could be any question of thier behaviour.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Well this will be a test for the club, in the bad old days of Plugger and Spider we would defend, fine, but nothing changed.
If there is a charge, then Lovett should be suspended until he is tried, if guilty, sacked immediately, sorry, but guys like this can be a cancer in the place.
Just hope something can be and is salvaged by this, opens the door for Peake to step up.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Well this certainly doesn't look good. HOWEVER, lets just wait to see what the club has to say. We all know the media love a story, and never let the truth get in the way. I don't recall when his charges were dropped being breaking news

It can be very hard to turn over a new leaf when everyone is willing you to fail. Ask Michael Gardiner, his name still comes up all the time when there is trouble and he hasn't done a thing wrong since he arrived.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
BallBanger
Club Player

Seaford_Saint wrote:Could this go down as the single greatest bad-trade of all time in the history of the AFL?

I have racked my brain and can't think of anything worse...

Oh well, you can't win 'em all!!!
Up there with: -
* Taking Frost 1st round in national draft when delisted from bullies list (58 on list then)
* Howard - #27 in strong draft when smokie and it was only footscray who would possibly rookie him
* Giving up 1st and 2nd draft picks fpr watts
*Giving up 2nd pick for Ackland when rated #5 ruck at portA
*Giving up 3rd round for McGough when pies (s*** onballers) delisted him..and it was just what we needed slow slow

I know its hard selecting without forsight but they were strange selections based on what we knew

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

He was always going to be very risky bet and so far he is one that hasn't worked.

Some work, some don't. Football is a risky business.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
ace
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
Seaford_Saint wrote:Could this go down as the single greatest bad-trade of all time in the history of the AFL?

* Taking Frost 1st round in national draft when delisted from bullies list (58 on list then)
* Howard - #27 in strong draft when smokie and it was only footscray who would possibly rookie him
*Giving up 3rd round for McGough when pies (s*** onballers) delisted him..and it was just what we needed slow slow

I know its hard selecting without forsight but they were strange selections based on what we knew

You forgot
*Giving up pick 8 that became pick 6 (Steven Salopek) for Brooks.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
BallBanger wrote:

You forgot
*Giving up pick 8 that became pick 6 (Steven Salopek) for Brooks.

And pick 33! (which became pick 31) :lol:

walski
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:Well this will be a test for the club, in the bad old days of Plugger and Spider we would defend, fine, but nothing changed.
Totally agree

But with the Jeld-wen and St George sponsorships being one of the most lucrative in the AFL. I hope the st kilda brand is aggressively protected.

But until the truth washes up.

Innocent proven guilty imo..

If proven guilty then time to use the "d**khead" clause and DELIST him.
Last edited by walski on Thu 24 Dec 2009 4:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

To the top
SS Life Member

Eastern, you are right in the first instance.

Allegations are very easily made and we have players on our List who have been subjected to similar allegation.

I would doubt the Club know any more other than Victoria Police are investigating the allegation - and the investigation in the first instance would be taking Statements from the woman involved.

Lovett may know nothing of the specifics of the allegation at present.

So, in fairness to all concerned, we should await the outcome of the Police investigation, whether any charge/s are laid and, in the event they are, how Lovett pleads.

Suspending Lovett as St Kilda have done appeases certain in the community and certain in the media in the shorter term and until Victoria Police make decision whether to Charge or not.

So the Club is over a barrel at this point of proceedings and has acted in the only way it could.

IF (that tiny word) they do lay a Charge/s and Lovett pleads not guilty the Club will have a difficult decision to make - whether to stand by its player.

IF it does not stand by him, and he is ultimately found not guilty, then other issues arise.

You would hope that events such as these do not feature in our society - but they do.

As long as justice is correctly served - no matter which way it falls.

Whilst mud sticks among those of small minds, our justice system is predicated on the presumption of innocent until PROVEN guilty - and that means in a Court of Law before your equals.

That is the tried and true Westminster System we abide by - and even then we can get it wrong, as history proves and continues to prove.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

BallBanger wrote: Up there with: -

Lots of players who went before Howard have done nothing and I haven't seen a joint press release from the other 15 clubs saying what their thoughts were on Howard
It was pick 17 only. The Crows used it on Darren Pfeiffer. 0 games before being delisted

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Maybe it's the bad old racist Vic Police at it again.....

older saint
SS Life Member

Firstly the earlier poster who was closed on the thread was clearly correct.

Club has done the smart things suspending subject to investigation.
If he is guilty gone, if no charges laid then leadership group must deal with issue of why he keeps putting himself in these positions. Steve Johnson type suspended required, lets see if he really wants to play AFL or not. You do not miss things until they are gone.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Could of got more money at other clubs..... How lucky are we that he wanted to come to St Kilda.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

hmmmmmmm

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I hope we just suspend him for 4 weeks of the H&A season and fine him $20K.

And give him a third and final chance.

I really want a flag.....I just hope this clown hasn't stepped too far this time.