Robbo will be interviewing Rossy today- the Lovett question

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just read the whole interview

Thought RL was brilliant....played a totally straight bat to a tabloid journo whose only concern was a big headline to sell his paper and pump up his own tyres

"Saints fans want to know whats going on"...umm only the gossip-obsessed ones who think your paper is great journalism Mark :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Just read the whole interview

Thought RL was brilliant....played a totally straight bat to a tabloid journo whose only concern was a big headline to sell his paper and pump up his own tyres

"Saints fans want to know whats going on"...umm only the gossip-obsessed ones who think your paper is great journalism Mark :roll:
Not sure about you but I would love to know what is going on. IMO Robbo is a very journalist but we all have different opinions. Some people even read The Age.

Sainterman
Club Player

Re: LYON makes the right changes...

rodgerfox wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:
I think LYON's lack of flexibility and feel for the game in his match day coaching was his only weakness, but hopefully he can correct that. Its great to have faith in the preparation and processes but in close games like GF's sometimes you have to dare to win.
I tend to think the opposite.

We were winning. Albeit should have been winning by more - but that more than anything was due to poor conversion.

When we were winning, in front, in control, what does he do?? Changes tact and plays right into Geelong's hands in the final term! The result? We can't score and they do on the rebound.

It's the most baffling coaching move I've ever witnessed in my life.
The more I read your posts the less respect I have. Clearly had we have kicked straight we would not even be hearing from you as there would be no reason for you to come on here. Your criticism would be negated...and I think we may have had a pleasant off season without you.

Coaching was of a minimal impact in the list of reasons we did not get that second flag. Blind Freddy can see that had we kicked straight we were home.

If you get your jollies trying to find fault with Ross Lyon and the coaching staff go ahead, but realise you look like you have virtually no understanding of the game, and look more like an obsessed Lyon, and at times Saints hater.

I am happy to support the club, and also to appreciate the great work we did lat year in bridging th gap...and boy did we bridge it. Another step forward this year and we are in the best position in a long, long time to snare our second flag.

Unfortunately, your posts are baffling, Lyon and his support staff, as well as the admin currently in place, are not at all baffling.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

lucky about that respect thingy huh RF.
at least ya never disappointed :?

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

plugger66 wrote:
True Believer wrote:In trying to draw any conclusions from that regarding AL, I think tht the club probably don't expect the police investigation to take too long.

Interesting that since the initial breaking of the story and understandably passionate responses on here calling for AL's head on a platter, there seems to have been a general diminishing of heated feelings towards him.

Will be a most interesting place if it ends up there are no charges and he plays for us and starts tearing it up..... :shock: :?: :|
Sorry but I am afraid none of that last line will happen.
I agree P66, but wouldn't this place be interesting if that actually eventuated. I'd need to get some popcorn from Matrix just for the event.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
suss
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
True Believer wrote:In trying to draw any conclusions from that regarding AL, I think tht the club probably don't expect the police investigation to take too long.

Interesting that since the initial breaking of the story and understandably passionate responses on here calling for AL's head on a platter, there seems to have been a general diminishing of heated feelings towards him.

Will be a most interesting place if it ends up there are no charges and he plays for us and starts tearing it up..... :shock: :?: :|
I have no idea how you proclaim to know these things in advance. Crystal ball, maybe.

No-one know knows the answers to these questions: not even AL, not even the girl. I wouldn't rule anything in or out at this stage.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I have no idea how you proclaim to know these things in advance. Crystal ball, maybe.

No-one know knows the answers to these questions: not even AL, not even the girl. I wouldn't rule anything in or out at this stage.
Common sense.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: LYON makes the right changes...

WinnersOnly wrote: BALL on the bench in the last was a major blunder.

I think LYON's lack of flexibility and feel for the game in his match day coaching was his only weakness, but hopefully he can correct that. Its great to have faith in the preparation and processes but in close games like GF's sometimes you have to dare to win.

good comments

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Yeah, read the interview and it just confirms for me that we're in good hands with RL.

I actually like Robbo. He has played the game (though not at the highest level) and is pretty genuine. Of course he's trying to make a name for himself with his "exclusive" interviews.

My favourite line from RL:
"You don't listen, do you?"

He handled the L*vett thing pretty well too, as well as the Luke B question.
Everything I've seen and read so far suggests we'll give it a pretty good shake this year!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
suss wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Common sense.
....aint that common...

As for the read I was impressed with Lyons strength - he doesnt give cheapies away to simply impress media/public.....he just couldnt care less about that..."our intellectual property".....I liked that...Robbo wanted a headline.....Lyon gave him a headbutt.

I too liked his response for Ball - said we made our decision at that time but also got on front foot (strong language too) when he mentioned Luke walked out on St Kilda.

He goes allright Rossy... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
saintnick12
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
suss wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Common sense.
....aint that common...

As for the read I was impressed with Lyons strength - he doesnt give cheapies away to simply impress media/public.....he just couldnt care less about that..."our intellectual property".....I liked that...Robbo wanted a headline.....Lyon gave him a headbutt.
I too liked his response for Ball - said we made our decision at that time but also got on front foot (strong language too) when he mentioned Luke walked out on St Kilda.

He goes allright Rossy... :wink:
+ 1

Like your line re headline vs headbutt. Laughed out loud. Literally. :wink:
Agree on how he handled the Luke Ball question too...making it clear that it falls over when either party was not happy. Yes, they were unhappy with him earlier in the year, but in the end, it was Luke's decision. He walked out.
Agree...Rossy goes all right...

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Don't worry sus, those P66 one liners come and go...but are damn hard to find when you want to dig up the thread again for an 'I told you so'. No-one seems to be able to answer me when I ask, we've been here before, did everyone write those players off too?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Wasted a third of the interview being told not to ask about AL...

ffs.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Agree Big Red. Ridiculous how he kept asking him. As if he was going to say....'OH, OK, HERE'S THE DRUM........'

Not going to happen.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
suss wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Don't worry sus, those P66 one liners come and go...but are damn hard to find when you want to dig up the thread again for an 'I told you so'. No-one seems to be able to answer me when I ask, we've been here before, did everyone write those players off too?

Plenty of I told you so but unlike a few here dont have to brag about it. Plenty wrong as well. Do you want me to bring up every right and wrong comment. That would be fun. not. Anyway back to this. Not a hope of Lovett being a saints player this year IMO and that is just plain common sense.

As for tour last comment. Yes we have but the club stuck by those players from the start because of a few reasons that are different to this.

Firstly they believed their story and in the other case I dont think they believe the story due to other witnesses. Secondly they were true Saints players so probably felt an obligation to them. Doesnt really apply in the Lovett case. lastly they had no previous form. Again doesnt apply in the Lovett case so to me they are completely different cases and I certainly didnt write those 2 off last time but i am prepared to this time.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
suss wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Plenty of I told you so but unlike a few here dont have to brag about it. Plenty wrong as well. Do you want me to bring up every right and wrong comment. That would be fun. not. Anyway back to this. Not a hope of Lovett being a saints player this year IMO and that is just plain common sense.

As for tour last comment. Yes we have but the club stuck by those players from the start because of a few reasons that are different to this.

Firstly they believed their story and in the other case I dont think they believe the story due to other witnesses. Secondly they were true Saints players so probably felt an obligation to them. Doesnt really apply in the Lovett case. lastly they had no previous form. Again doesnt apply in the Lovett case so to me they are completely different cases and I certainly didnt write those 2 off last time but i am prepared to this time.
You've got no idea, and neither do I, but at least I have enough common sense not to preach to others about it like I'm an expert. I'm almost hoping he does play for us this year, that'd stick it up a few character experts on here.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
suss wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You've got no idea, and neither do I, but at least I have enough common sense not to preach to others about it like I'm an expert. I'm almost hoping he does play for us this year, that'd stick it up a few character experts on here.
Just in case you cant read I sad IMO and i also stated why it is different to the other incident. Is that right or wrong what I said regarding that? As for I hope he plays, well if he is innocent not in the eye of the law but actually innocent I hope he plays too. I couldnt give a stuff if I am proven wrong if it helps our side. From now on i will not have an opinion unless I get approval from you.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:[, well if he is innocent not in the eye of the law but actually innocent .
You have been inferring this for weeks.

You have inferred that the teammates know he his guilty even tif they cant prove it in a court of law.

Unless you know something we all dont, I suggest you stop making this inference.

Or are you just making up this "controversy" to make it looks like you are on the inside (which you always infer as well)?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:[, well if he is innocent not in the eye of the law but actually innocent .
You have been inferring this for weeks.

You have inferred that the teammates know he his guilty even tif they cant prove it in a court of law.

Unless you know something we all dont, I suggest you stop making this inference.

Or are you just making up this "controversy" to make it looks like you are on the inside (which you always infer as well)?

I actually have no idea what you are talking about. My statement is clear. That is my opinion.

I have said what i have said because to me for the club to suspend him straight away without even thinking about it then IMO someone at that house that night knows something. i could be wrong but newspaper reports say the same thing. I wouldnt have a clue what was said by who or what but in this case I think 2 and 2 equals 4 and will continue to say it. You can continue to believe what you like as will I. Anyway thanks for your kind words.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:From now on i will not have an opinion unless I get approval from you.
Deal.

Oh, and I did read what you 'sad', I'll throw in spell checking, punctuation and grammar too, if you like.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I have said what i have said because to me for the club to suspend him straight away without even thinking about it then IMO someone at that house that night knows something. i could be wrong but newspaper reports say the same thing.
It's subject to a police investigation, so that'd be the common sense you referred to previously.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:From now on i will not have an opinion unless I get approval from you.
Deal.

Oh, and I did read what you 'sad', I'll throw in spell checking, punctuation and grammar too, if you like.
Thankfully you have never made a spelling error on this forum.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
Deal.

Thankfully you have never made a spelling error on this forum.
Did you run this past me? It's a bit sarcastic, doesn't sound like the sort of thing I'd approve.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saint66au wrote:Just read the whole interview

Not sure about you but I would love to know what is going on. IMO Robbo is a very journalist but we all have different opinions. Some people even read The Age.
I think most of us would like to know, but we can't know because we are members of a society that has a legal system with standards.

But re journo's - you clearly have pretty low expectations, Plugger. Robbo, like too many others at the Hun (Barrett, Sheahan etc), is a buffoon who does little but sniff the perimeter of the game (and the backsides of loose-lipped club 'insiders') to promote AFL as entertainment and inflame non-issues to sell papers. There are very few 'journalists' in the circus these days. Flanagan? Baum? Quayle? As far as reportage goes, Sam Lane is developing some cred, I suppose. Caro Wilson and Tim Lane have fallen off the perch by too blatantly slugging the same targets over and over whilst ignoring their own darlings. Of course you are entitled to your view, but for mine don't kid yourself, the bulk of the paper hacks covering the game are gossiping, nepotistic drunks, plain and simple.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
stinger
Saintsational Legend

thinline....i love this line...

"but for mine don't kid yourself, the bulk of the paper hacks covering the game are gossiping, nepotistic drunks, plain and simple."

....pure gold....and spot on the money.....

..ps.....a couple of them are butt ugly as well..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.