Another thread: raph is useless

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:Raph is one of the players we sponsor as a site... so while some people don't like him, others do.

I'm with those who never bag anyone in our club jumper... it goes against everything I believe in, personally. For mine, ya just don't bag your own... but, each to their own.
Agree mUSA. Let's face it, there are 570 opposition players out there to have a go at.

And there's a huge difference between having a negative opinion of a player's ability and bagging him. And make no mistake, that's what the Raph haters are doing!

supercoach
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:When some brain dead nuff nuff is being vitriolic towards Raph I always ask them if they would say the same thing to his face. They always mutter something like 'but he hopeless... blah blah blah".

The tools that post on here or ring SEN or shout it from the stands are gutless cowards. They would brown their pants if they were on an AFL ground with a pack bearing down on them. They think they have the right to vilify a quality young man who is exceptionally talented and courageous.

You are a coward Supercoach & I'd be very happy to say that to you face.

Round 2, Level 2, Aisle 30 outside the bar
i would love to be there, but, im going overseas on thrusday and wont be back til round 6 against the dogs - cya then - maybe round 6, aisle 45 level 3? ill be there

honestly, im loving the reaction to this thread

g=l is back

Gilbert=legend
degruch
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Obvious troll is obvious.
The sad thing is, he has support! :shock:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So you're Gilbert=Legend...

That means you posted under your new name supercoach a few months ago, asking after yourself?

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Until he shows more of the sort of form he produced in the final against Collingwood in 2008, on a very regular basis, I'd rather see Jimmy G playing that running-half-back role. He's probably just as quick, probably safer in a one-on-one contest and is generally a better, more penetrating and longer kick. He also has less of the major brain-fades. If Raph plays, I'd much rather see him playing on the wing, where he can just play more free.
Raph's best is really terrific, but we've regrettably hardly seen it in his time at the club and the difference between his best and worst is pretty huge. I agree that it's a confidence thing, but if he doesn't find it pretty damn soon others will surely pass him in the pecking order.
I had high hopes for him last year, but he did no-where near as well as I'd hoped he would.
He was probably given a game at times last year because of what he did in the Collingwood final the year before, or what he might do, rather than really being in good form and it probably cost him and us, especially in the GF, where he had more than a couple of shockers.
I certainly wouldn't be playing him till he shows some serious and consistent form in the VFL. He'd need to be dominating there.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:Raph is one of the players we sponsor as a site...
For that reason alone this entire thread should be locked and deleted !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
bingo!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
bigred wrote:Obvious troll is obvious.
The sad thing is, he has support! :shock:
Yep, you're right. It is sad.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Maybe some of the content of this thread should be deleted, due to the personal attacks and abuse, but I think if criticism is constructive, it should remain part of the forum regardless of the player. It's doesn't mean you have to agree with that criticism. People than have an equal right to post their counter opinion to refute that criticism. It's very dangerous to censor criticism of a player because we have a financial commitment to that player. That is the exact reason that Laws and Alan Jones got in to trouble in Sydney.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I simply don't believe it's possible to be a Saints supporter and yet hate a Saints player.

As I have stated previously, we don't have to love all the players and we don't have to think they're all champions or for that matter good players. I'm one of those who supports our players. Others may be critical of some players. That's cool; each to their own.

Being critical is one thing. But those people that absolutely rip into players like Raph are in my opinion not true supporters and nothing will convince me otherwise!!!

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Another thread: raph is useless

matrix wrote:
supercoach wrote:i'm as good as s*** on a stick,
agreed 8-)
I concur :wink:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:I simply don't believe it's possible to be a Saints supporter and yet hate a Saints player.

As I have stated previously, we don't have to love all the players and we don't have to think they're all champions or for that matter good players. I'm one of those who supports our players. Others may be critical of some players. That's cool; each to their own.

Being critical is one thing. But those people that absolutely rip into players like Raph are in my opinion not true supporters and nothing will convince me otherwise!!!
**rises to my feet and gives a standing ovation**

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
markp
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:I simply don't believe it's possible to be a Saints supporter and yet hate a Saints player.

+1!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The booing of Troy Schwartz is still mentioned in the media as a moment of shame in AFL. A big round of applause for all of you who bag out a player who was part of the statistically best defensive unit ever.

Playing in 2009 as a group meant none of our defenders were exposed one out. Sam Fisher didn't appear to tell Raph he was about to go down and didn't apply a shepherd when he could, thus raph went down holding the ball and he never seemed to regain his composure. His game against the dogs probably went along way to our being in the GF.

When players go off to other clubs the same fans? will be calling them disloyal dogs and posting how little respect for the club they had. Funny also to see Gwilt mentioned as a replacement- another with few friends on this site. I guess he is one bad game away from the snipers.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

:) BINGO!

Sheesh I'm away for a few days and the blame raph for global warming thread comes out.... :( :wink:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bigred
Saintsational Legend

The Troy Schwarz boo...

Absolutely terrible.

bergsone
SS Life Member

I really hope RC doesnt read these posts on here,poor bugger cops more abuse on here at times than some posters give each other,and thats saying something

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:I really hope RC doesnt read these posts on here,poor bugger cops more abuse on here at times than some posters give each other,and thats saying something
Well, he could always introduce his critics to that concrete shoulder of his...but I doubt he'd raise a sweat over what a bunch of keyboard warriors thought, much less the brainless yahoos that shout at him during the game.

supercoach
Club Player

SainterK wrote:So you're Gilbert=Legend...

That means you posted under your new name supercoach a few months ago, asking after yourself?
i give you credit, your a very smart person for remembering that, unless you did a search for it

but ill like to say, im sorry if i caused offence to anyone and i admit i went over the top with my first post

bring on 2010

Gilbert=legend
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

supercoach wrote:
SainterK wrote:So you're Gilbert=Legend...

i give you credit, your a very smart person for remembering that, unless you did a search for it

but ill like to say, im sorry if i caused offence to anyone and i admit i went over the top with my first post

bring on 2010
Hardly clever, you have your previous nick at the bottom of your posts.

Yes, your first post was poor. Nobody will fault you for having an opinion on here, but they will if you personally attack a player.

bozza1980
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
matrix wrote:freedom of speech and all that
entitled to opinions and all that
Well Mat, as has been pointed out to me many times, neither applies on a privately owned footy forum.
Gold.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
bozza1980
Club Player

I really don't understand the absolute vitriolic nature of the criticism of Raph Clarke.

After leaving the MCG after we won the Prelim Final I found myself chatting to a number of different Saints supporters in the euphoria of the evening. I kid you not I would have spoken to 15+ who said that Raph's prelim performance was disgraceful and that there is no way know he should be picked for the Grand Final.

I think this is in the end is the problem, what started as an opinion has become a vendetta and regardless of what the man does on the football field they can only see faults.

I'm not going to say he is one of our best players but I believe that he earnt his spot in our best 22, which means i am mentally deficient or whatever it was the OP deemed people with this view point, he didn't have a great grand final, but his mistakes weren't hanging offences.

Getting run down when your team mate peels off into heavy traffic demanding a handball rather than sheparding for you. Having an opponent run around you when you are one out with him, if this is a hanging offence we wouldn't have too many players left.

I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion but maybe we should just stop talking about Raph Clarke. It seems a topic that can not be discussed rationally.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:I'm not going to say he is one of our best players but I believe that he earnt his spot in our best 22, which means i am mentally deficient or whatever it was the OP deemed people with this view point...
Yes, we are mentally deficient, and the rabid yahoo's spewing all kinds of irrelivent abuse at Raph Clarke during the games we are now banned from, well adjusted upstanding loyal supporters of the club. To quote the OP, I'm not really sure what plant I'm from, but I'm glad I'm some kind of vegetable.

Fearless
Club Player

Enough is enough.

Please remove this thread, it is uncivilised.

Raf needs our support and is potentially a very good player for us.

Fearless, Saints footy. That's what I like.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:I really don't understand the absolute vitriolic nature of the criticism of Raph Clarke.

After leaving the MCG after we won the Prelim Final I found myself chatting to a number of different Saints supporters in the euphoria of the evening. I kid you not I would have spoken to 15+ who said that Raph's prelim performance was disgraceful and that there is no way know he should be picked for the Grand Final.

I think this is in the end is the problem, what started as an opinion has become a vendetta and regardless of what the man does on the football field they can only see faults.

I'm not going to say he is one of our best players but I believe that he earnt his spot in our best 22, which means i am mentally deficient or whatever it was the OP deemed people with this view point, he didn't have a great grand final, but his mistakes weren't hanging offences.

Getting run down when your team mate peels off into heavy traffic demanding a handball rather than sheparding for you. Having an opponent run around you when you are one out with him, if this is a hanging offence we wouldn't have too many players left.

I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion but maybe we should just stop talking about Raph Clarke. It seems a topic that can not be discussed rationally.
completely agree, if you want some idiotic comments read some stuff over on facebook....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith