two words

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beej
Saintsational Legend

I stayed until the end last night but IMO there's nothing wrong with leaving early.

It's the supporters' way of showing their disapproval of what they're seeing.

In most parts of the world booing your own team is commonplace, in others they take out white handkerchiefs to signal they want the coach sacked.

The notion that those who stay are more somehow more "loyal" is silly.

philip
Club Player

regardless of whether people stayed or goed (is that even a word) the posters on this thread are showing more fight than our sainters did last night.

that said, i think our team has earnt the right to have faith in them given their form over the last 18months, and i am sure their pride is hurting more than ours today!

philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

As ive said elsewhere, you have to cut people some slack on Monday nights, especially those with kids etc.

Personally though, I stay (and Im now feeling the effects of starting work at 5.30 this morning...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) but we had numerous people in my area who I didnt begrudge leaving a bit early either. I'm not a huge fan of the goodbye wave, and when I see a MWer leaving at the 25min mark to ensure their elderly frail grandfather can try and beat the crush, I know why. Id have got very angry at any Blues fan who'd waved them goodbye.

Having said that, if you leave purely and categorically because you dont feel the team are putting in, may a great pestilence strike you and your village :roll: 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Face
Club Player

Worrying about how others choose to support their team will do your head in.

In fact it will probably turn you into an incoherent, rambling old fool.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Face wrote:Worrying about how others choose to support their team will do your head in.

I think it's starting to have effect. :wink:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

i wasn't going to admit it but I'm already hated by everyone here so f*** it.

I left early. I was considering leaving early because of how late it was and the train system is so s*** (especially fricken Vline - don't get me started on how useless they are). I was actually hoping we would kick a goal so I could leave then but I must admit I felt very disappointed by the amount of St Kilda supporters flooding out at the same time.

Anyway, if that makes me a fairweather disloyal supporter who deserves to be gassed then so f****** be it. I honestly couldn't give a rats tossbag what a bunch of sooks on an Internet forum think of me.

The thing that is being overlooked is that Monday Night Football is a joke. It's a terrible timeslot and if the Saints ate ever drawn for it again I'm not bloody going. I hate waking up at 5:30 the next morning and feeling tired and s*** because I've screamed my lungs out supporting for two hours.

All I've ever copped since I joined this site was s*** that I'm not a true supporter for one reason or another. Well I'm sick of it. First my opinion didn't matter because I wasn't a paid up supporter, then I bought a membership and I couldn't have a valid opinion because I left early at a match early even though the only reason I left was because I was actually sick and had work in about six hours or so.

I've sat through everything since then. The crap game against the hawks in 2007, the horrible loss to essendon at the dome the same year, the mailings by west coast and Adelaide, the crushing qualifying final loss to the cats, the belting by Essendon last year (lucky too because we nearly stole that) and that GF last year.

As I said the only reason I left early was to catch a half hour early train in order to get home early since I had to be up at 4:30 this morning. But who cares right? Coz I know what all you high and mighty posters are thinking: "would you have left early if we were winning?". Most likely not but I stayed til after the final siren last year and boy did I regret that!!!

So if that makes me a s*** supporter then you better take me out the back and shoot me - Jesus I'm sorry we can't all be perfect like you.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dont listen to the moron who stsrted the thread. You can leave when ever you like.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: two words

stinger wrote:i have only two words to say to all those so called saints supporters who left their seats early tonight.......weak bastards.... :evil:
I have never said a bad word about you but this thread is a disgrace...

Did you even consider the timing of the event???

Did you even consider that some people have to front up to work or school the next day???

I really take offence to your post and other posts about this issue...

My son and I attended the game, my son is autistic and attends a adult learning centre and has to wake up at 6 AM....

Yes, he would have chosen to stay if we were winning, but he was a bit of a mess and broke down as soon as we entered the car...

He broke down badly and couldn't stop and this is a person in his early years broke down for the whole first quarter if we lost the toss at the start of the game.

He had tears in his eyes at the the start of the last quarter and I mentioned to him to just tuff it out for at least 15 minutes and if you really cant control yourself then we would leave...

He was getting so frustrated and starting to wave his hands in a frenzy after the first 5 minutes and I suggested to him to just sit on his hands....

For my son to sit there for the first 15 minutes was an achievement and he has progressed from crying if we lost the toss at the start of the match....

There are many considerations on this issue and to label fans that left early as "weak bastards" is totally wrong.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
rexy
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
stinger wrote:i have only two words to say to all those so called saints supporters who left their seats early tonight.......weak bastards.... :evil:

Did you even consider that some people have to front up to work or school the next day???

My son and I attended the game, my son is autistic and attends a adult learning centre and has to wake up at 6 AM....

Yes, he would have chosen to stay if we were winning, but he was a bit of a mess and broke down as soon as we entered the car...

He broke down badly and couldn't stop and this is a person in his early years broke down for the whole first quarter if we lost the toss at the start of the game.

He had tears in his eyes at the the start of the last quarter and I mentioned to him to just tuff it out for at least 15 minutes and if you really cant control yourself then we would leave...

He was getting so frustrated and starting to wave his hands in a frenzy after the first 5 minutes and I suggested to him to just sit on his hands....

For my son to sit there for the first 15 minutes was an achievement and he has progressed from crying if we lost the toss at the start of the match....

There are many considerations on this issue and to label fans that left early as "weak bastards" is totally wrong.
Sure Stinger would even make an exception for your circumstances StFid.

I stayed until the end but dont blame others for not, personally I cant look opposition fans in the face if I leave early, left early once in 99 (you all know which game if you think about it) and I have never forgiven myself. A combination of what I went through as a kid in the 80s and the fact that I am acretin who rubs it in to opposition supporters when they leave early has made me thick skinned when we lose and to scared/proud to leave early.

It is completely your decision when you leave though.

It still surprises me how many people take this kind of thread personally though, not just you Fid, not having a go. opinions are like arseholes people, everyone has one and if you air them in public it is a little bit confrontational but not the end of the world.

Maybe this year?
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Sure Stinger would even make an exception for your circumstances StFid.

I stayed until the end but dont blame others for not, personally I cant look opposition fans in the face if I leave early, left early once in 99 (you all know which game if you think about it) and I have never forgiven myself. A combination of what I went through as a kid in the 80s and the fact that I am acretin who rubs it in to opposition supporters when they leave early has made me thick skinned when we lose and to scared/proud to leave early.

It is completely your decision when you leave though.

It still surprises me how many people take this kind of thread personally though, not just you Fid, not having a go. opinions are like arseholes people, everyone has one and if you air them in public it is a little bit confrontational but not the end of the world.
Yeah righto try telling that to my son with other post like...
Deserters Should Be Shot.
He is devastated about the loss and looks up on this site and reads that crap...

Yes, he has been a passionate supporter since he was very young (about three years old) and has been to many games at Waverley and now at Etihad ......

He is disillusioned with this outburst that he may not bother any more viewing this site for the latest goss ....

FWIW I told him not to bother checking the site anymore.......

because it really is not worth the drama for a passionate fan to read the crap thats posted after a loss and turn around an slam some of the fans...

So, this site has lost my son and I doubt he will post again...

Maybe I should do the same considering I finally got a warning....

even that I was called a liar in a public forum....

Yes the site sucks when we lose, but to suggest that Saints supporters should be shot for leaving early in another thread let alone this thread has got me thinking that it time for me and my son to leave....

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
na exa
Club Player

can't the negative be turned into a positive though mate ?

i feel for the 'tough' journey , for you all ... totally empathetic towards your experience and position (on this issue) , but

the duality of this place , represents the duality of society in many ways

your boys a talent on many levels ... can or could he 'see' both the positive and the negative side of this place ... and the differing 'layers' of seriousness that abound ?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Face
Club Player

St Fid, you always seem to be complaining about what your kid might be reading here or how what's posted may actually be a reflection of him, yet you post some of the most disturbing stuff I see posted on football forums.

As someone who has also had a child with plenty of issues to deal with, I wish you, your son and family all the best. In fact I'm sure regardless of people's parenting experience, everyone here does. Even those that you treat with your usual derision.

As someone that has to read the crap you post here, I find your constant peddling of your and your son's issues a pathetic method of trying to point score.

Nobody - and I'm sure that includes the grumpy old bastard that started this thread - would have an opinion on how your son supports the Saints and the decisions you make in relation to that. That is other than wishing him, you and your family all the best.

Try and lighten up a little - if for no other reason than your son.

Finna
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:

Agreed. OP is a joke.....

Five Words.....Mind Your Own f****** Business.

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
stinger wrote:
joffaboy wrote:I didn't leave, but people are entitled to walk on that pitiful display last night.

Maybe they had to get their kids home for school, or get home to go to work tomorrow, or a number of reasons.

I was more inclined to walk out last week than this, more due to the way the game was being played.

last night you sit there and take your medicine. Some people dont, thats their perogative i suppose.

takes more guts to stay there......would they have left if the scores were close......pf course not.....
stinger
please get over it
it is something that has been happening in football for a very long time now! people leaving early before the siren goes when their team is playing like crap.
i know you think you can, but you cant stop this from happening. you just cant. get over it!

if i can shame one person into not doing it ever again ...my post would have been worthwhile......anyway i needed to get it off my chest.....and i have.... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Face wrote:Worrying about how others choose to support their team will do your head in.

I think it's starting to have effect. :wink:

back to that are we.... :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Dont listen to the moron who stsrted the thread. You can leave when ever you like.

temper temper there albert.....not good for your blood pressure..... :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

you had a legitimate reason......did the thousands of others who emptied the stands all have similiar justification..?...no.....they are as weak aspiss.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Finna wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

one word for you......no... :twisted:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Finna wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

He is right. It is a joke but continue. It is fun to watch the abuse towards you.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Finna wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

He is right. It is a joke but continue. It is fun to watch the abuse towards you.

i couldn't give a rats.....but if you calling me a moron gets you banned,,,the thread would have been worthwhile albert.... :wink:

for what's it's worth it is still a free country and i'm entitled to an opinion.....which i have expressed.....telling me to mind my own business after seeing hordes of so called fans deserting their seats is just plainly stupid ffs.....no wonder you would agree albert..... :roll:

Saintsfan
Club Player

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Finna wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

i couldn't give a rats.....but if you calling me a moron gets you banned,,,the thread would have been worthwhile albert.... :wink:

for what's it's worth it is still a free country and i'm entitled to an opinion.....which i have expressed.....telling me to mind my own business after seeing hordes of so called fans deserting their seats is just plainly stupid ffs.....no wonder you would agree albert..... :roll:
Sunshine cleaner

The Saintsfan Cometh
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Face wrote:St Fid, you always seem to be complaining about what your kid might be reading here or how what's posted may actually be a reflection of him, yet you post some of the most disturbing stuff I see posted on football forums.

As someone who has also had a child with plenty of issues to deal with, I wish you, your son and family all the best. In fact I'm sure regardless of people's parenting experience, everyone here does. Even those that you treat with your usual derision.

As someone that has to read the crap you post here, I find your constant peddling of your and your son's issues a pathetic method of trying to point score.

Nobody - and I'm sure that includes the grumpy old bastard that started this thread - would have an opinion on how your son supports the Saints and the decisions you make in relation to that. That is other than wishing him, you and your family all the best.

Just what do you mean by stating that I constantly peddle my issues and my son's issues??

Your comment that you have to read the crap I post on here is insulting and here you are stating that I should lighten up.

I really don't care what you think but may I suggest you refrain from making comments that are false.

It really does not bother me at all if people choose to leave early, and nor should it bother anyone else.

It's called freedom of choice

To suggest that they are bastards and in another thread that they should be shot is pathetic.

If you can't understand that, may I suggest you live in a country that does not have the same freedom as we enjoy in this country.

You are not being forced to read my posts, again "Freedom of choice", so stop complaining :idea:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Face wrote:St Fid, you always seem to be complaining about what your kid might be reading here or how what's posted may actually be a reflection of him, yet you post some of the most disturbing stuff I see posted on football forums.

Just what do you mean by stating that I constantly peddle my issues and my son's issues??

Your comment that you have to read the crap I post on here is insulting and here you are stating that I should lighten up.

I really don't care what you think but may I suggest you refrain from making comments that are false.

It really does not bother me at all if people choose to leave early, and nor should it bother anyone else.

To suggest that they are bastards and in another thread that they should be shot is pathetic.

If you can't understand that, may I suggest you live in a country that does not have the same freedom as we enjoy in this country.

You are not being forced to read my posts, again "Freedom of choice", so stop complaining :idea:

oh ffs ...lighten up st fid......most of the pple who left early showed little intestinal fortitude...imhfo...if you had good reason to leave so be it...most didn't.......they are the ones i termed weak.....and they were........they are now bleating because deep down they know i'm right..... :twisted:

Saintsfan
Club Player

stinger wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

oh ffs ...lighten up st fid......most of the pple who left early showed little intestinal fortitude...imhfo...if you had good reason to leave so be it...most didn't.......they are the ones i termed weak.....and they were........they are now bleating because deep down they know i'm right..... :twisted:
Face is correct despite what I would imagine good intentions in your post St. Fid.

I also agree with Stinger and drawing comparison's between the average joe and your son and his circumstances are false and plain...strange.

Does your son want to read what you post on here about him? Knowing he has an account is it in his best interests? One would suggest not.

The Saintsfan Cometh
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
Face is correct despite what I would imagine good intentions in your post St. Fid.

I also agree with Stinger and drawing comparison's between the average joe and your son and his circumstances are false and plain...strange.

Does your son want to read what you post on here about him? Knowing he has an account is it in his best interests? One would suggest not.
He doesn't read this site any more and will now only come on for the sponsorship thread.
Last edited by St Fidelius on Wed 12 May 2010 8:06pm, edited 1 time in total.