URGENT: TO THE BOARD OF THE ST KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
lefty wrote:Agree, we should be wearing our traditional jersey.

Its bs that Collingwood get whatever they want and we just have to do whatever the AFL says...

Total bollocks.

I'd rather let both teams use their traditional jersey and screw the jumper clash bs for the GF.
What if the players are actually confused by the jumpers?
I'll go even further, what if the all white back of a Saints player is the differentiation for a teammate in a hard ball get situation and he hits his target that goes on to kick a goal?

A bit of an overkill, this thread.

We are in a Grand Final and people are concerned about our strip :roll:

WTF are we Collingwood flogs?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Barks can take this as far as he wants to.

There is a serious issue here....

If one side has an alternate strip, they all must.

My personal opinion is that it is not required for these sides. Especially if it is a dry day. We managed for 100+ years.

Just remember to enjoy the week Barks mate.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

GreatNo9s wrote:Let's all take a deep breath...

The AFL madates that the clash strip be predeominantly white

If I recall the Club's advice from the release of the 2010 clash strip is that it was mirrored from one worn by the Club in the 40s & 50s. I'm pretty sure there is a picture of Coconut Roberts in the same jumper in The Point of It All - although it has a collar and the STKFC logo is much bigger

As for the rant about an incompetent Board, consider this:

- 40,000 members
- 3 consecutive Prelims
- 2 consecutive Grand Finals

Yep, they're pretty hopeless this mob.

We should bring back the other blokes... :roll:
I do seriously want to not post anymore about this issue THIS WEEK and move on and focus on supporting the players in a GRAND FINAL!

As I said before I brought the clash jumper issue to the boards attention two years ago and specifically mentioned the possibility of St Kilda being forced to wear a clash jumper in a Grand Final with Collingwood and this jumper is unacceptable IMHO and I'm far from Robinson Crusoe here!

I was given a written promise by Archie Fraser that the members would have a say in the next jumper design and vote on it, after the club without any input from the members screwed up on the previous occasion!

The current board made much about the awful clash jumper and promised to deliver something that would make the members happy, when they were seeking all those proxy votes to overthrow the previous administration!

Once again, without any input from the members breaking a promise that the CEO had given me and delivered another awful jumper!

It was very hard to get this wrong, only needed a home jumper with a white back, NOT a white panel on the front as wide as Amanda Vanstone!

As for the 40,00 members,........ they have come on board because of the team success resulting from the appointment of the best coach in the AFL, an appointment made by the previous board!

Anyway today I was given an undertaking that my suggestions will be given serious consideration by the board over summer!

NOW WE ALL NEED TO MOVE ON AND FOCUS ON SUPPORTING OUR PLAYERS AND COACHES IN THIS BIG WEEK!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Fair enough argument - but the jumper could be a lot worse.
Is anyone gonna talk any tactics or football stuff on this forum this week?
All I have seen is whinging and Brownlow stuff - disappointing.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:Looking forward to the annual B4 show at the AGM this year.
I raised this EXACT issue in 2008 at the AGM and gave advance warning because I saw this as a possible outcome in the next few years and just two years later, it has come around to bite them!

They can expect mayhem this time around!
How embarrassing for the board that the team is playing in a grand final.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
matrix
Saintsational Legend

pffft
just WIN

markp
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:NOW WE ALL NEED TO MOVE ON AND FOCUS ON SUPPORTING OUR PLAYERS AND COACHES IN THIS BIG WEEK!
:roll:

Thanks for that.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

barks4eva wrote:
I do seriously want to not post anymore about this issue
Thank You. :D

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Just get on with the job and stop worrying, if we got serious about history we would wear the old synthetic wool jumpers with collars that felt like a straight jackets in the wet.

We don't need to revisit, we need to create history. The clash jumper is probably the best attempt yet at keeping the history of the design. The traditional jumper was actually like that horrible heritage stripe design I thought? In the 1950s and 60s we seemed to play away in white backs didn't we?

I personally found geelong and collingwood frustrating with their similar stripes and would prefer being able to see our guys.

We could alway buy some fluro netball bibs.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
barks4eva wrote:NOW WE ALL NEED TO MOVE ON AND FOCUS ON SUPPORTING OUR PLAYERS AND COACHES IN THIS BIG WEEK!

Thanks for that.

FFS, I am very pissed off and I'm far from Robinson Crusoe!

I warned the board two years in the event that we have to play Collingwood in a Grand Final that we might be forced into wearing a clash jumper so that it is imperative that this jumper be as close to our HOME jumper as possible!

The board were caught napping on this issue, we find out on Sunday that this is in deed the case and one day later after feeling the outrage and total annoyance that they were caught asleep at the wheel,

when precisely what I warned them about two years ago happens, I try to move on and I get **** smartarse **** little replies that just keep the whole argument going!!

I am **** pissed off big time that we have waited for 44 years to see a premiership and that we will playing a GRAND FINAL in that jumper!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
markp wrote:

Thanks for that.

I warned the board two years in the event that we have to play Collingwood in a Grand Final that we might be forced into wearing a clash jumper so that it is imperative that this jumper be as close to our HOME jumper as possible!

The board were caught napping on this issue, we find out on Sunday that this is in deed the case and one day later after feeling the outrage and total annoyance that they were caught asleep at the wheel,

when precisely what I warned them about two years ago happens, I try to move on and I get **** smartarse **** little replies that just keep the whole argument going!!

I am **** pissed off big time that we have waited for 44 years to see a premiership and that we will playing a GRAND FINAL in that jumper!
FFS B4...... We know you're pissed, we know you told the board two years ago, we know that Rix is the answer to all our ruck problems and that you can't find the right coaches' box to leave your stats in.

I have no doubt that it would be preferred by the vast majority on here that you stop beating your own drum on this issue, and worry about beating the filth.

The jumper doesn't matter FFS...... I have a picture of the Doc in 66 with the cup in his hand in a Filth Jumper...... That does not denigrate the fact that we won the premiership that year.

When we win on saturday, it'll be a St Kilda Premiership. Nothing can take that away.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

If you guys keep bumping the thread it will stay at the top of the page!

We only found out Sunday night about the clash jumper!

By Monday night I posted time to MOVE ON, when it was obvious no last minute change could be made!

Keep bumping it if you want the debate to continue!

markp
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
markp wrote:

Thanks for that.

You have my sympathy, truly.

That two extra inches of width on the middle panel of our clash jumper is a really big deal... well worth getting very upset about and throwing a tantrum over, just 4 days out from our most glorious victory.

As JB pointed out... there is a clash, and I'd rather we wear our clash strip than lose a goal or even a single possession because we didn't.

As they finished above us the matter is up to their discretion.

Of course the logical thing would be for them to wear their 'whiter' jumper and us our regular strip. But this is the filth, and Eddy, so what would be the point of even requesting it?

Get the F*** over it, and focus on the glory we are on the cusp of.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:If you guys keep bumping the thread it will stay at the top of the page!

By Monday night I posted time to MOVE ON, when it was obvious no last minute change could be made!

You could always stop posting on this thread........

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

IF YOU and GO stopped bumping it would probably be off page one by now!

Found out Sunday night!

By Monday night I posted, TIME TO MOVE ON!

I'm sure you just love to keep talking about it though!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
barks4eva wrote:If you guys keep bumping the thread it will stay at the top of the page!

I HAD until you two keep bumping it!

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

I'm blaming Emirates at this stage

bigred
Saintsational Legend

How do you do a negative bump?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

I HAD until you two keep bumping it!
But you just bumped it again! :shock:

markp
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:How do you do a negative bump?
You bump a lower thread.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

markp wrote:
bigred wrote:How do you do a negative bump?
You bump a lower thread.
and then you just keep bumping

markp
Saintsational Legend

I think it's fine.

Go Saints! :D

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

i still blame emirates markp :x

Banger2Plugger
Club Player

We'll make Collingwood wish they were wearing different jumpers!

If everyone speeds, why haven't you been overtaken?
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I'm bored with work . . . B u m p