who do you want in the nab afl draft?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:If we pick up Charlie Riewoldt, you just know he will be the "Scott Selwood" of the Riewoldt family.
Or the Josh Houlihan :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
1) An asshole will never die - the only people that die are "wonderful, generous family types that would give you the shirt off your back".

hang on now....someone who gives you your own shirt .?????....sounds like a filth supporter.....probably nicked it from your clothes line when he was stealing your missus' knickers....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:[There seems to be a pattern with the kids. First everyone demands they get played over role-paying no-hopers. Then, if they struggle at all (which most do), people rip the recruiters for picking them over another player who is performing better for a lower placed team. Then, if the player comes good, people will claim they believed in them from day one (or just shut up altogether). If they wind up a bust then people will continue to abuse the recruiters on into infinity. Some people used to abuse Brendon Goddard. I couldn't tell you the number of times I heard 'we should have taken Wells!' at games. If they'll abuse him, they'll abuse anybody.
Jeez I wish I had posted that paragraph.
It sums up my feelings exactly.

Brisvegas saint
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
vacuous space wrote:[There seems to be a pattern with the kids. First everyone demands they get played over role-paying no-hopers. Then, if they struggle at all (which most do), people rip the recruiters for picking them over another player who is performing better for a lower placed team. Then, if the player comes good, people will claim they believed in them from day one (or just shut up altogether). If they wind up a bust then people will continue to abuse the recruiters on into infinity. Some people used to abuse Brendon Goddard. I couldn't tell you the number of times I heard 'we should have taken Wells!' at games. If they'll abuse him, they'll abuse anybody.
Absolutely. Everyone's an expert with hindsight.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Jordan McMahon

:wink:

Bono
Club Player

Sam Day (gun forward)
Harley Bennell (twice as good as cyril rioli)
Dyson Heppell - midfield dynamo
Jarrod Polec - gun wingman
Josh Caddy - perfect replacement for when Lenny falls apart (think Riccuito like)
Tom Lynch - the good one from Dandy, not the rusty nut from Sandy. The next top CHF in the comp
Daniel Gorringe - a better ruckman than most of them currently going around
Luke Parker - a la Joel Selwood
Billie Smedts (pity his old man didnt play more games for us) - classy HB flanker
Jed Lamb - think Marc LeCras - lead up Fwd Pck who CAN mark overhead

Thats just to name a few. If we got anyone of them it may help us get over last years draft / trading where we got zero return from any pick.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Bono wrote:Sam Day (gun forward)
Josh Caddy - perfect replacement for when Lenny falls apart (think Riccuito like)
Tom Lynch - the good one from Dandy, not the rusty nut from Sandy. The next top CHF in the comp
Billie Smedts (pity his old man didnt play more games for us) - classy HB flanker

Thats just to name a few. If we got anyone of them it may help us get over last years draft / trading where we got zero return from any pick.
Day and Bennell have already been picked, along with Swallow.
#1- Swallow
#2- Bennell
#3- Day

GC have already announced those draft picks.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
Bono wrote:Sam Day (gun forward)

Day and Bennell have already been picked, along with Swallow.
#1- Swallow
#2- Bennell
#3- Day

GC have already announced those draft picks.
They will take them but only Swallow has been announced.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Jed Lamb sounds like a Hollywood menucraze.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

ChicagoSaint wrote:Jed Lamb sounds like a Hollywood menucraze.
Is he a Follower?

NOTE: Do NOT make jokes about the NAB AFL Draft.

To the top
SS Life Member

We are reliant on our List Management staff to obtain the best of the available talent to St Kilda commensurate with the Draft picks we have available.

I have in mind the success Fremantle had from the VFL in 2010 (Barlow and Silvagni) and would not discount this competition - plus I would be paying very, very careful attention to the SANFL and the WAFL (probably more so than the VFL) and patricularly to younger players who have established themselves at senior level in those competitions in 2010.

Late picks could be very, very fruitful if the necessary work has been attended accross these leagues.

Remember Sam Fisher from West Adelaide?

PJ
SS Life Member

Late picks could be very, very fruitful if the necessary work has been attended accross these leagues.
Excellent point - some of our late draft picks could be very interesting.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

is there a list anywhere that details nominees with stats and bios?

Seeya
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:
Couldn't agree more!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Bono wrote: Billie Smedts (pity his old man didnt play more games for us) - classy HB flanker
Alby Smedts played 10 games for the Saints and 51 for Footscray. Now if the qualification for father-son was still 50 games would the dogs have snaffled him along with Wallis and Liberatore??

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I really don't know much about any of these kids other than the guns that get the media attention. Of course none of those boys will be around when we get to call out our first name.

No doubt Ross and the team will look at where we have deficiencies and go for the best available at the time of selection.

Like I said I know nothing about the Draftees - my only wish is that we draft kids who have a bit of speed and have good foot skills. We are lacking in both areas and I hope to read that our newies have ticks against these boxes.

I don't want any more slow, disposal butchering, "Ball Magnets"! :x