Sipposs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Siposs is very clean, he could easily be devloped up the ground....wing/half back/mid or as a marking HF....he is a Raph Clarke/Gibert type build....a pretty good engine and can kick...

His sometimes average atitude and work ethic come from growing up in an area where being a bogan dick is the norm....and he was a big fish in a small pond for most of his development. Not always a favourite amongst team mates....but in the right conditions is an OK kid, moving schools and going to stingrays/Frankston CC helped him realize there are other talented kids, who actually had good application also...that post code unfortunately sees a lot of talent end up at the local club playing for 150 bucks a week.....and picking up local footy groupies....luckily Milney escaped...Lenny and Bakes have made him.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Scoop wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Scoop wrote:
Spinner wrote:Ok Im a bit of a draft nut... Just love it! And I taped it... And watched it twice... Not proud of it...

But I did notice some really heated discussion regarding the siposs selection...

The two guys at the microphone clearly had a disagreement and where expressing there perspectives to Lyon. Lyon eventually went with the guy closure to him.

Now I just watched Lyons assessment of the draft on Saints TV and he said they would have liked another midfielder but Siposs just had too much talent for that selection... wow!

Now maybe one was john peake... and the other hutchie? But yeh thought it was interesting...

And clearly Lyon had the final say!
I think you may find that the recruiters had the final say....
It seemed that the recruiters we're in disagreement.... Obviously in a majority rule they had to consult others at the table.

Any danger on expanding on the comments anyways?
I think it's pretty obvious Spinner.....Lyon's strategy was young midfielders for the first 4 picks....and then Gamble as the medium forward.

IMO, the recruiters (read John Peake) convinced Lyon that Siposs (a medium fwd), at pick 75, had too much talent to overlook for a midfielder with less talent.

It actually may be a little more complicated than this, but let's go with this scenario. :wink:
Scoop, you guys must be pretty stoked you managed to twist Rossy's arm! :wink: