Letter to Michaels Mailbox !

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:Good one Plugger you get shot down so then you attempt to change what were discussing half way through.
And you obviously realise you are wrong and come back with that reply. Why havent the pies won 20 flags in a row and why did the Hawks and Geelong win the last 3 flags before the pies?

The draw isnt equal but the best sides usually wins the flag. It is that simple.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:Good one Plugger you get shot down so then you attempt to change what were discussing half way through.
And you obviously realise you are wrong and come back with that reply. Why havent the pies won 20 flags in a row and why did the Hawks and Geelong win the last 3 flags before the pies?

The draw isnt equal but the best sides usually wins the flag. It is that simple.
You could argue that it is the best side on the last day in September.
There have been sides that were the best side of the season but were cruely hit by injury in September and lost the GF because of it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

There have been sides that were the best side of the season but were cruely hit by injury in September and lost the GF because of it.
True and that is why i said usually wins the flag. The point is that the draw has little to do with winning flags. it may get you to a spot fraction higher on the ladder than you deserve but I cant really remember a side winning it due to the draw.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

True and that is why i said usually wins the flag. The point is that the draw has little to do with winning flags. it may get you to a spot fraction higher on the ladder than you deserve but I cant really remember a side winning it due to the draw.
Just because you can't remember it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Didn't Adelaide win from 5th position? Wasn't that at a time when they were getting favourable draws.

avid
Club Player

While I don't exactly share Barks4eva's style of invective, I 100% agree with the home/away strip he's advocating. Traditional front, black back (sleeves + trim) for home, traditional front, white back (sleeves + trim) for away. It's perfect, it's simple, it's obvious, it's St Kilda.

I also believe that, ideally, every team in the league should look themselves, be clear who they are, and base their strip on their true, deep, passionate tradition. The AFL's 'clash excuse' should not be allowed to f*** up the beauty +visual power of our national game, which it so seriously has already.

Collingwood (no matter how deep our distaste) has done a perfect job of finding a home/clash pair of designs that still keep its identity 100% intact. (Exactly as b4e's designs would do for us.)

Essendon (ditto re the distaste) has a problem. I can't see how they can develop any strip that'll work as a respectable contrasting clash jumper for them. Look how Melbourne have tried, and failed, with theirs. It just doesn't seem to be in the nature of their traditional strips to have an available credible alternative.

If we were Essendon or Melbourne supporters, I think we'd very reasonably be wanting to resist the introduction of white into our jumpers, or some other unrecognisable colour combo.
(Hawthorn have the luxury of no one else ever wanting to look remotely like them, so their 'need' for a clash strip should never arise.)

I say, for the overall good of the game, let clubs with no viable tradition-based clash strip keep their tradtional jumpers.
Let clubs like Collingwood and St Kilda (under b4e's scheme), with an equally good pair of traditional jumpers, adjust our strip on the day if a genuine clash has to be avoided.

I wouldn't feel we were in a second class or second choice strip if it was the b4e one. Just as Collingwood doesn't in its alternative.
And I would much prefer to be playing -- and beating -- an Essendon side that actually looked like Essendon, and not some unrecognisable novelty team.

Clarity, strength, identity, depth of tradition, passion through the generations.
These should be the criteria -- for us, and for our enemies.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote: Traditional front, black back (sleeves + trim) for home, traditional front, white back (sleeves + trim) for away. It's perfect, it's simple, it's obvious, it's St Kilda.
EXACTLY!

Collingwood's away/clash jumper has been accepted by the AFL!

If we had our home jumper with a white back, swapping the black parts for white we would have more white in our jumper than Collingwood!

So anyone talking about some guideline of 75% is talking absolute crap!

Collingwood's alternative has already been approved!

If we again make a Grand Final this year, because our board are spineless, visionless surrender monkeys, we again might be forced to wear some absolutely shyte away jumper IN A GRAND FINAL!

Why don't we just run out in a white flag!

This issue needs to be sorted NOW!

Our board are accountable to the members and it's about time they truly represented the St kilda brand!

This should be put to a vote of the St kilda members to see if the majority prefer our away jumper to be the home jumper with a white back!

This jumper would not clash with anyone, so there is no reason whatsoever as to why this could not be approved, afterall Collingwood's jumper with far less white has already been accepted!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
avid wrote: Traditional front, black back (sleeves + trim) for home, traditional front, white back (sleeves + trim) for away. It's perfect, it's simple, it's obvious, it's St Kilda.
EXACTLY!

If we had our home jumper with a white back, swapping the black parts for white we would have more white in our jumper than Collingwood!

So anyone talking about some guideline of 75% is talking absolute crap!Collingwood's alternative has already been approved!

If we again make a Grand Final this year, because our board are spineless, visionless surrender monkeys, we again might be forced to wear some absolutely shyte away jumper IN A GRAND FINAL!

Our board are accountable to the members and it's about time they truly represented the St kilda brand!

This should be put to a vote of the St kilda members to see if the majority prefer our away jumper to be the home jumper with a white back!

This jumper would not clash with anyone, so there is no reason whatsoever as to why this could not be approved, afterall Collingwood's jumper with far less white has already been accepted!
I have said all along that the rules apply to everyone except Collingwood & Essendon. I have also said that under the 75% rule the Collingwood jumper would NOT pass in its current style. This thread started about what jumper we wear when we are the HOME team. Please check your facts before releasing a tirade of abuse !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Your memory is pretty good for someone with dementia

Another opportunity awaits!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The Grand Final equation is pretty simple;

We finish on top, we get to wear our traditional strip and the team we play in the GF wears a clash strip, if required !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Eventually you will say something funny. Long way off it but keep trying.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
EXACTLY!

So anyone talking about some guideline of 75% is talking absolute crap!Collingwood's alternative has already been approved!

I have said all along that the rules apply to everyone except Collingwood & Essendon. I have also said that under the 75% rule the Collingwood jumper would NOT pass in its current style. This thread started about what jumper we wear when we are the HOME team. Please check your facts before releasing a tirade of abuse !!
Ok if you're gonna get your knickers in a twist, I'll start a new thread!

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:…And despite Collingwood playing the top 8 teams just as many times as some other clubs, they had generally more an advantage in recovery when playing those clubs.
That last line in pure imagination and they actually played the top 8 sides the most last year...
Leo.J wrote:...Essendon, Brisbane, Kangaroos, and Richmond played top 8 club as much or more than Collingwood.

And on 5 occasions when Collingwood played top 8 clubs they got them after they'd played interstate the week before...
Just highlighting the bit where I assume you were accusing me of making stuff up...

Thats something I don't do.
plugger66 wrote:

We agree that the draw is unequal,

but I'm curious what is your definition of the best side?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:…And despite Collingwood playing the top 8 teams just as many times as some other clubs, they had generally more an advantage in recovery when playing those clubs.
That last line in pure imagination and they actually played the top 8 sides the most last year...
Leo.J wrote:...Essendon, Brisbane, Kangaroos, and Richmond played top 8 club as much or more than Collingwood.

And on 5 occasions when Collingwood played top 8 clubs they got them after they'd played interstate the week before...
Just highlighting the bit where I assume you were accusing me of making stuff up...

plugger66 wrote:

Well in the last decade i would say only the Hawks werent the best side IMO. I would interested to see who you think has won the flag because of an uneven draw.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

plugger66 wrote:

Well in the last decade i would say only the Hawks werent the best side IMO. I would interested to see who you think has won the flag because of an uneven draw.
Adelaide 97 (I know thats more than a decade ago) and it still hurts !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

plugger66 wrote:

How was the draw uneven for them? Or are you saying they werent the best side which they werent in either year they won. What they did have though was a very good coach with huge finals experience. Something we well and truely lacked.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

plugger66 wrote:

How was the draw uneven for them? Or are you saying they werent the best side which they werent in either year they won. What they did have though was a very good coach with huge finals experience. Something we well and truely lacked.
The great thing about this place is you can make up complete bull shyte and it's really hard to oppose. Even with google.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

plugger66 wrote:

How do you decide who is the best side before the GF?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:...Well in the last decade i would say only the Hawks werent the best side IMO. I would interested to see who you think has won the flag because of an uneven draw.
BTW the draw doesn't win or lose you a premiership.

It can give you an advantage.

You were the one who attempted to simplify what I said.

I initially said "the premiership is a joke".

I was referring to the premiership season, I thought that was clear, maybe it wasn't... we can argue about that definition too if you like.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Its not a draw, its a FIXture.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Moccha wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I think this sums you up.....

What's-a matter you? Hey! Gotta no respect

What-a you t'ink you do? Why you look-a so sad?
It's-a not so bad
It's-a nice-a place

Ah
Shaddap-a you face!

Another opportunity awaits!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Moccha wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

It's-a not so bad
It's-a nice-a place

Ah
Shaddap-a you face!
Still very ordinary. i will put you on the list of posters with no idea. It is getting bigger but you may go straight to number one the way you are going.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Moccha wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Moccha wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

It's-a not so bad
It's-a nice-a place

Ah
Shaddap-a you face!
Still very ordinary. i will put you on the list of posters with no idea. It is getting bigger but you may go straight to number one the way you are going.
Pluggers top 50.

Who'll be No1.?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Moccha wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Moccha wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

It's-a not so bad
It's-a nice-a place

Ah
Shaddap-a you face!
Pluggers top 50.

Who'll be No1.?
I am not modest. If it about people who are ordinary posters i am clearly number one. Will release the others later this month.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote: I am not modest. If it about people who are ordinary posters i am clearly number one. Will release the others later this month.
You're not too bad Plugger...

You keep this place balanced, unlike the paper you read.

Saints7
Club Player

jeez , this place is sooo much better when '....4eva' doesn't post!

Whats so bad with having a clash guernsey? Its not 1980 anymore. We're older than most sporting clubs but do you really think a Man Utd fan
has any less love for his Club than a Saints fan? Man Utd have three new shirts EVERY season. Why? Because they make a squillion pounds a year in shirt sales - it makes their supporters put their hands in their pockets and support the Club by buying a new shirt EVERY year.

IMO...its 2011 and time to get up to speed with the rest of world sport, and the quicker public perception changes about guernseys the better.