Steven, Stanley and ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Just noticed in the HS stats that they have Jack down for 24 "pressure acts" for the game. Equal second most for the game, behind Banfield with 27. That, plus two goals- just what the doctor ordered! :D

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Just noticed in the HS stats that they have Jack down for 24 "pressure acts" for the game. Equal second most for the game, behind Banfield with 27. That, plus two goals- just what the doctor ordered! :D
That's been his talent since his first game - I'm sure only injury (and suspension) has kept him out of the game, he's a terrier in our F50.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Can somebody explain how anyone can come to a strong opinion on Jack Steven yet?

So far, he looks to me like a kid who hasn't played 10 games yet... decent pace = AFL level, but not blindingly quick. Get's himself to contests, but doesn't win them. Tries to do little tricky things instead of simply taking possession. Kicking, marking etc seem to be passable.

He's going to improve - and he needs to. For the time being he's holding his own.

Stanley v Merrett looked like a man against a boy (and it was). Stanley's got a long way to go.

Armitage is finally looking comfortable.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford