Sponsorship Prizes Raffle

Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

stkildathunda wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I have asked a few people if they want my prize. Non have said yes but I am now prepared to sell my tickets for $300 a head or $ 500 a couple. Good price. Anyone want them.
so your looking to make a profit..
At least $ 350 if not more. Anyone want them. May go as low as $ 450 a double.
Or you could contact the club and buy a ticket for $150 :wink:
Even at $150 it is hugely overpriced for what it is.

Give you $40 for the double Plugger.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
HSVKing

GrumpyOne wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I have asked a few people if they want my prize. Non have said yes but I am now prepared to sell my tickets for $300 a head or $ 500 a couple. Good price. Anyone want them.

To be fair, he bought 6 shares, $90 max would be acceptable (and then put that back into the sponsorship group).

They walk amongst us...

HSVKing wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

To be fair, he bought 6 shares, $90 max would be acceptable (and then put that back into the sponsorship group).
He could have bought one share and still won..... odds would be against it though.

Consideration should not be what he paid, but what the event is worth. Having attended one of these in the past, I reckon $40 a double is a fair offer.

One could say it's somewhat of a galah event.

saints65

Thanks to the person who drew my number and thanks to Mr Magic for organising the sponsorship.

I am looking forwrd to catching up with fellow sainsational forum members and hopefully watching the saints put on a good show.

saints65

GrumpyOne wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

He could have bought one share and still won..... odds would be against it though.

Consideration should not be what he paid, but what the event is worth. Having attended one of these in the past, I reckon $40 a double is a fair offer.

Just sold mine for $200 a double. That seems fair to me. You wanted to only pay $40. That wouldnt even get you a seat. Maybe I eat and drink more than you but $100 a head wont get you much these days. Well worth it for the person who brought it.

GrumpyOne wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

Just sold mine for $200 a double. That seems fair to me. You wanted to only pay $40. That wouldnt even get you a seat. Maybe I eat and drink more than you but $100 a head wont get you much these days. Well worth it for the person who brought it.
So you won't be facing Stinger then?

GrumpyOne wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

No i wont but i sold them to my mum and Dad. They are about Singers age and also Dad does plenty of cleaning around the house so they should have plenty in common. Also Dad thinks he is an actor but has never done that type of work but still doesnt stop him telling people about how to act.

GrumpyOne wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

No i wont but i sold them to my mum and Dad. They are about Singers age and also Dad does plenty of cleaning around the house so they should have plenty in common. Also Dad thinks he is an actor but has never done that type of work but still doesnt stop him telling people about how to act.
The day after Mothers Day and you sold them to your parents? :shock:

And for far more than what they're worth?

Have you no morals?

the hollow man....

..no brains...

..no guts.

and now

.no scruples....

shame.....the missus was looking forward to tearing him a new one.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

GrumpyOne wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

The day after Mothers Day and you sold them to your parents? :shock:

And for far more than what they're worth?

Have you no morals?
Mum and Dad get a good pension off the government and I also gave Mum flowers for Mothers day. I was going to sell them for a lot more but as they are my parents i gave them a discount. $200 a double is bloody cheap.

I offerred p66 $220, but he said his folks really wanted them so he wouldn't take less that $50 above their top bid.... so the guy does have a heart.

markp wrote:I offerred p66 $220, but he said his folks really wanted them so he wouldn't take less that $50 above their top bid.... so the guy does have a heart.
I told you that if you offerred $250 I would have told my parents to bugger off but you wouldnt up it. It is your loss and my parents gain and I also lose bloody $50 which I could use at the moment as lost $500 on the pokies Saturday night.

markp wrote:I offerred p66 $220, but he said his folks really wanted them so he wouldn't take less that $50 above their top bid.... so the guy does have a heart.
I told you that if you offerred $250 I would have told my parents to bugger off but you wouldnt up it. It is your loss and my parents gain and I also lose bloody $50 which I could use at the moment as lost $500 on the pokies Saturday night.
So you lost $500 at the pokies on Saturday night, and decided to recoup $200 of that off your parents by selling them tickets which cost you $90 in sponsorship which IMO is more than their value?

I should not criticise other peoples sense of values, so I wont.

But don't you feel a little guilty?

stinger wrote:the hollow man....

..no brains...

..no guts.

and now

.no scruples....

shame.....the missus was looking forward to tearing him a new one.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I thought that you would be up to tearing him a new one Sting, not your missus.

BTW...... How will I recognise you there?

Cactus in your lapel?

GrumpyOne wrote:
So you lost $500 at the pokies on Saturday night, and decided to recoup $200 of that off your parents by selling them tickets which cost you $90 in sponsorship which IMO is more than their value?

I should not criticise other peoples sense of values, so I wont.

But don't you feel a little guilty?
Not really. Like I said they get the pension. I think that is about $ 700 a fortnight. They have given up the smokes because they couldnt afford it so they have extra money now and I needed the money after a bad night at the pokies on top of 2 or 3 bad days at the races.

GrumpyOne wrote:

..no brains...

..no guts.

and now

.no scruples....

Cactus in your lapel?
it was the missus he defamed....

GrumpyOne wrote:

..no brains...

..no guts.

and now

.no scruples....

Cactus in your lapel?
Pretty sure I given you a lot more than your misses. Anyway cant get there as I need the money and also, to be honest, I am a bit worried about meeting you.

GrumpyOne wrote:

..no brains...

..no guts.

and now

.no scruples....

Cactus in your lapel?
Fair enough.... but how will I recognise you?

Just in from the Club:-
With the Player Sponsor Match-day Experience less than 2 weeks away, please see in this email some important
Information on the function for your reference:

- Date: Saturday 21st May
- Time: 12:30pm function start (match commences @ 2:10pm)
- Venue: Crest Room - Level 2, Etihad Stadium (access via Gate 7)

Ticketing Entitlements
Each player sponsor is entitled to two (2) invitations to this function per sponsored player, unless otherwise advised by
the Club.

I have been contacted by some of you regarding additional ticketing for guests – these are available at the cost of
$130.00 inc. GST per Adult or $75.00 per Junior (15 and under). Please contact me before COB Friday 13th May if
you wish to secure any additional ticketing.

Function Details
The function is being hosted in the Crest Room, which is located on Level 2 at Etihad Stadium and can be accessed via
the external ramps or Lifts at Gate 7.

Included in the function will be the following
- Special guest MC
- Interviews with & appearances by current Saints’ players
- Gourmet, cocktail-style dining which will be served to your allocated tables (includes ½ time snacks)
- Premium Level 2 Reserved Seating in front of the Crest Room
- Exclusive access to use cash bar facilities of the Crest Room

RSVPs, Guest names & dietary requirements
Ticketing is due to be sent out by the end of the week so we would appreciate RSVPs by COB Thursday 12th May.
Should you not RSVP by this time we will assume you are still attending and ticketing will be sent out.

It would also be appreciated if we could have names of guests that are attending with you and if you have any dietary
dietary requirements by this deadline also.

The day itself is always a great experience and a great chance to get our Premium & Standard Player Sponsors together
and enjoy a day at the football. If you have any questions regarding the above details or you would like to book additional
tickets for the function, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly here at the club.

We look forward to seeing you all at the football next weekend for what we hope will be a successful day for the Club.

I can't believe someone SOLD the tickets to their parents! LOL

fingers wrote:I can't believe someone SOLD the tickets to their parents! LOL
Rumour has it that it had something to do with Stinger being there.

GrumpyOne wrote:
Nothing to do with Stinger at all. My parents are 75 years old and this may be the last time they can go to a function like this and when I said I would sell them to them for only $200 they jumped at it. The worst part is a mate offered me $300 the other day. Should I ask my Dad for an extra $50 or even a hundred to cover the difference?
Last edited by plugger66 on Wed 11 May 2011 5:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

I cant believe people think he's being serious! :wink:

GrumpyOne wrote:
Nothing to do with Stinger at all. My parents are 75 years old and this may be the last time they can go to a function like this and when I said I would sell them to them for only $200 they jumped at it. The worst part is a mate offered me $300 the other day. Should I ask my Dad for an extra $50 or even a hundred to cover the difference?
Once they have given you the money snatch the tickets away and run like hell. Chances are at 75 they won't chase you too far, then you can sell the tickets to your mate at the higher price.

Or am I being too mercenary?

GrumpyOne wrote:
Once they have given you the money snatch the tickets away and run like hell. Chances are at 75 they won't chase you too far, then you can sell the tickets to your mate at the higher price.

Or am I being too mercenary?
Like that idea but surely I cant do that.