Changes for next week?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:In Heyne, Joey, Winmar

Out Baker, Mini, Gram,
I like it.

The default number of changes is three per match.

But I think Ross will go wild and make 4 this week.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbob
SS Life Member

Beno88 wrote:Out : Baker, McQualter, Polo, Steven

In : Montagna, Lynch, Smith, Heyne

Jack Steven is definitely part of our future, but he needs to go back Sandy and find some touch.
What did Polo do wrong????

OUTS: Gram,McQualter,Jones and Dawson

INS: Ledger,Smith, Walsh and Montagna

Gram- Downhill skier

McQualter- An ABSOLUTE joke this bloke is picked each week!!

Dawson- No match up against the Dees

Jones- Has lost the ability to get the ball and hurt who ever his tagging going the other way.
Last edited by saintbob on Mon 16 May 2011 9:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Out Baker, Mini, Gram,
I'm not sure that Nick Heyne has done enough or been consistent enough to earn a call up !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

Out Baker, Mini, Gram,
I'm not sure that Nick Heyne has done enough or been consistent enough to earn a call up !!
I'm not sure some of our guys have done enough or been consistent enough to warrant retaining them in!!

savatage
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:

Out Baker, Mini, Gram,
Agreed, there's better players in the VFL that deserve a shot before him

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Out Baker, Mini, Gram,
I'm not sure some of our guys have done enough or been consistent enough to warrant retaining them in!!
Isnt that an inherant problem though? Picking blokes because we have to replace out of form seniors, rather than because they have put their hand up for selection

Why play Winmar if hes only getting 10 touches for Sandy?

Can we afford another one sided left footer? (Heyne)

Do we need another player who cant reliably hit targets ? (Smith)

Lynch is the only Sandy player whos screaming "pick me" and hes most likely out injured. Ditto Will Johnson

In: Joey. Lynch (if fit)

Out: Baker, McQualter (whos the whipping boy this week but if we lose on Saturday people will be bemoaning his "hardness at the footy" being missed and wanting him recalled

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Out Baker, Mini, Gram,
Agreed, there's better players in the VFL that deserve a shot before him
I think they'll all get a shot before the year's out.

Heyne's probably done as much as Winmar at this stage, just doesn't have an erection forming surname :wink:

Happy to give him another crack at it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm not talking out of form seniors, I'm talking about next phase at the club selections.

Got to see what these guys can offer, before years end.

Don't we?

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote: Dawson- No match up against the Dees
Jurrah?

Anyway:

In: Montagna, Lynch, Heyne

Out: Baker, McQualter, Gram (needs a boot up his arse and is the perfect scapegoat for that sort of loss)

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
Jurrah?

Anyway:

Out: Baker, McQualter, Gram (needs a boot up his arse and is the perfect scapegoat for that sort of loss)
I could happily live with those changes (assuming of course that Lynch is okay after being knocked out and carried off on Saturday)

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: I could happily live with those changes (assuming of course that Lynch is okay after being knocked out and carried off on Saturday)
If not I'd probably go with Smith. Winmar is tempting but he hasn't earnt it.

Gram must go at least for a week.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: I could happily live with those changes (assuming of course that Lynch is okay after being knocked out and carried off on Saturday)
If not I'd probably go with Smith. Winmar is tempting but he hasn't earnt it.

Gram must go at least for a week.
Agree, Gram could certainly benefit from a Dal/Milne cow paddock experience :wink:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Why hasn't Winmar earned it?

Posters were saying he was a class above, and put 3 solid games in before he had a run at emergency and missed so much footy.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
Jurrah?

Anyway:

I could happily live with those changes (assuming of course that Lynch is okay after being knocked out and carried off on Saturday)
Jurrah is too mobile for Dawson, Zac's better against stay at home full
forwards. Zac gets lost when dragged up the ground.
Fisher is the man for Jurrah

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Gram needs a spell.

Out:

Gram, Mqualter, Baker

In:

Joey, Smith, Lynch (if fit)

No to Heyne - done nothing
No to Winmar - done nothing

IF Ledger plays a decent game hes up...has the run/carry/spunk we need.

“Yeah….nah””
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

There is a general line of debate going on here which I hope to prove irrelevant, and that is this: One side says "drop all the old brigade and play the kids who are hungrier." The other side say "but we will be annihilated."

Neither side grasps the point. It's not the personnel involved, personnel are irrelevent, (that's why I said drop Roo on an earlier thread), its the team spirit and hunger that matters.

Here's my anecdotal evidence: The '09 game against Hawthorn were we dropped ALL the big guns and played all the kids and won the game.

It really doesn't matter who takes the field, the ingredient that wins football games is the team spirit, and the spirit of the team is broken. Bring in the young blood and freshen up the spirit, I say, OR, maybe it takes a year for the spirit of the old brigade to heal and we come back next year playing top footy again. Either way, although we need to manage the list carefully over the next few years, it's not the players themselves who are the problem, its the collective psyche of the group as a whole.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:In: Joey. Lynch (if fit)

Out: Baker, McQualter (whos the whipping boy this week but if we lose on Saturday people will be bemoaning his "hardness at the footy" being missed and wanting him recalled
We missed McQualter on Sunday too... 4 disposals and 1 tackle in half a game of footy.

I'll go with Joey and Smith as the ins.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
matrix
Saintsational Legend

out baker
in joey

why is everyone expecting so many changes????
because we are losing?
who else could come in? i mean seriously?

winmar and lynch
lynch has an injury
winmar has not set the world on fire yet at sandy

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:
Lynch is the only Sandy player whos screaming "pick me" and hes most likely out injured. Ditto Will Johnson
Had to quote this comment - just found it amusing!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:winmar has not set the world on fire yet at sandy
M, I keep hearing this about Winmar...but I'm sure I remember many posters on here who regularly attend Sandy say he was a class above and one of the BOG's three weeks in a row?

He hasn't played much at Sandy because he has been emergency pretty much most weeks since his good run of form.

Can someone fill me in?

Middo
Club Player

Was Siposs killing it at Sandy..? From all reports he was going ok so thats why you give kids a chance to see how they step up just like Siposs has. It's a different game at this level and sometimes a kid comes in and belongs straight away so we need to take a risk now and find out... Mini , Baker and so on are not the future now..

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:Was Siposs killing it at Sandy..? From all reports he was going ok so thats why you give kids a chance to see how they step up just like Siposs has. It's a different game at this level and sometimes a kid comes in and belongs straight away so we need to take a risk now and find out... Mini , Baker and so on are not the future now..
Very good point.

And if I recall correctly, both Shane Warne and Simon O'Donnell performed better at first class level than they had been at club level.

Sometimes you just have to pick on potential rather than raw statistics.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Actually, Arryn along with Heyney has been our most consistent goal scorer at Sandringham. Johnson had his chance after two bags of four and had a day to forget, Archer likewise struggled at the top level, and Gamble has kicked one bag of 6 and gone goalless in three other VFL games.

Heyne is due for a callup if reports are anything to go by, named in best in the last two games. Ditto Lynch if he isn't eating through a straw.

It's a pity these guys aren't midfielders because I reckon that's where the axe is most likely to swing.

As for Winmar... who knows? Maybe he trains well.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Middo wrote:Was Siposs killing it at Sandy..? From all reports he was going ok so thats why you give kids a chance to see how they step up just like Siposs has. It's a different game at this level and sometimes a kid comes in and belongs straight away so we need to take a risk now and find out... Mini , Baker and so on are not the future now..
Very good point.

And if I recall correctly, both Shane Warne and Simon O'Donnell performed better at first class level than they had been at club level.

Sometimes you just have to pick on potential rather than raw statistics.
There are players who play in the seconds who you can see are going to be stars or very good players as soon as you see them play. Siposs was one and yes he wasnt killing it but on the other hand there are players who will never star andwhere and you can pick that as well.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:Actually, Arryn along with Heyney has been our most consistent goal scorer at Sandringham. Johnson had his chance after two bags of four and had a day to forget, Archer likewise struggled at the top level, and Gamble has kicked one bag of 6 and gone goalless in three other VFL games.

Heyne is due for a callup if reports are anything to go by, named in best in the last two games. Ditto Lynch if he isn't eating through a straw.

It's a pity these guys aren't midfielders because I reckon that's where the axe is most likely to swing.

As for Winmar... who knows? Maybe he trains well.
At least Heyne has a reasonably solid body on him - particularly in comparison to our first year players.