Round 11 Team v Collingwood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I reckon one of either BJ or Dempster wont play, Raph will come in. Roo may do a bit of ruck work and we'll use a decoy CHF.
I think you might be right, BJ and Dempster looked like they were mo chance after the game, but I hope they both mmake it. Glad to see the 2 debutants, and not at the expense of Sipposs

I love this club
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:... Glad to see the 2 debutants, and not at the expense of Sipposs
I don't know why so many people here were calling for Arryn Siposs to be dropped. His defensive work has improved out of sight in just a few weeks and he knows how to kick straight. We need someone up forward who makes the most of his chances.

Liam_G
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:I don't know why so many people here were calling for Arryn Siposs to be dropped
I don't think anyone was calling for him to be dropped?! The reason his name appeared in the "Guess this week's ins & outs" thread was because of a rumour posted on here saying he was "sore" and may not pull up this weekend.

saintjake
Club Player

Mcevoy will probably take majority of the centre square bounces then go to Full Foward with players like Fisher, Riewoldt and maybe Dawson getting up the ground and doing around the ground stuff.
with guys like Gilbert, BJ, Peake getting over the top as the third man

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for coming guys…
plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Walsh and Ledger will not play this week. Any changes will be experienced players like Raph, Bakes and, I hate to say it, Kosi.
Correct and it has to be that. We have 3 games left to shape our year and we have to go with experienced guys.
Dr Spaceman wrote:
saintspremiers wrote: It's maddness to bring in 2 newbies Vs the Pies
Exactly.
A lot of our young kids have young kid's bodies. Have a close look at Winmar and Siposs.
To bring in more of these "skinnies" would be dangerous against the likes of the Pies.
degruch wrote: Why would you inject new players into a team that's playing OK, unless you really needed to? I doubt there be anyone on debut against the Pies, and a win with senior campaigners will do more for our season than injuring some kids on debut.
Lets hope it comes off…

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I reckon one of either BJ or Dempster wont play, Raph will come in. Roo may do a bit of ruck work and we'll use a decoy CHF.
a

Im extremely confused about the AFL concussion rule? Can anyone tell me what it is?

Anyhoo. The Ledge & Simmo - thats 8 debuts in 9 games? must be some kind of record. Tommy Walsh will get a run by seasons end you would think.

With Simmo in - Zac might get some minutes at FF.

The Ledge will be the real surprise packet I think.

T

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:Kosi has'nt come up?
Kosi has been named in the Sandringham team for Sunday. Hope he gets to find some good form and fitness there.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I assume Jolly isn't playing, so the filth's ruck strength is about 40%. He is that important to them.
Let's also take in the weather forcast, cold and probably damp, so the ball will be on the ground a lot.
Good luck to Ledger and Simpkin on their first game and to Bakes for his 200th.
I am hopeful, not confident, but happy if they just put up a competitive effort.
Interesting that Ross decided on two debutants instead of two regulars for such a big game.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
lefty
Club Player

Pretty happy with selection tbh.

Ledger will give us the leg speed.

Simpkin looks like he'll replace Blake when he retires eventually

Baker will tag someone, maybe put him on Heath Shaw, he rips a lot of teams :S

Loss of Lynch was unlucky (wouldn't if he didn't stuff his finger), Blake (just injured), and I assume Winmar is sore but I would of stuck with him.

Bit unsure with Dempster since he did get knocked out. If Raph comes back in, he better have a blinder of a game, or forget it. I'd prefer to see Gamble have a go if thats the case, Raph and McQualter have had plenty of opportunity, its time they started to consistently delivery without the stupid mistakes.

The next ones I look forward to seeing when ready are Crocker and Walsh, and I'd like to see Stanley get another crack.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I was thinking Baker in, Dempster out...purely because I didn't think Sean would play.

But by naming Bakes in the 22, and not on the emergencies, I'm not so sure now?

saintly
Saintsational Legend

i only just logged on. wow!!! :shock: two new players my god, What is Ross on!! :D :shock: good on him!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

spot there for stanley...if he has the balls to grab it...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:This is unpredictable and exciting.
very unpredictable

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Changes since we last played them.

OUT: Hayes, Mini, Eddy, Gram, Kosi, Blake
IN: Armitage, Steven, Siposs, Polo, Simpkin, Ledger

That is significant alright!

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Liam_G wrote:
perfectionist wrote:I don't know why so many people here were calling for Arryn Siposs to be dropped
I don't think anyone was calling for him to be dropped?! The reason his name appeared in the "Guess this week's ins & outs" thread was because of a rumour posted on here saying he was "sore" and may not pull up this weekend.
As said in a previous post I think he will be the sub. Is sore and struggling with constant match conditioning and would not have played except for our injury concerns.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:WOW.

This will be a very interesting game to watch.

Ross Lyon, conservative? :P
Lol.

Can someone photoshop a hippy pot smokin' Ross for
the papers to copy and publish tomorrow please?

Seriously, I like the changes.

Heath is tough nut and so is Bakes. I had a gut feel Ledger would be in
hence my post earlier in the week. Simpkin as well is a big call.

Glad Mini and Kosi are not in, they can't match up with the Pies.

Bakes is slow but could go mental and rough them up, he can go for weeks again provided we win !!!
200th and last game ..all in one...eh????way to go....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
Liam_G wrote:
As said in a previous post I think he will be the sub. Is sore and struggling with constant match conditioning and would not have played except for our injury concerns.
strange sub if true.

“Yeah….nah””
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote:
tony74 wrote:
Liam_G wrote:
strange sub if true.
Only needs 3 kicks - 3 goals

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Apologies for my 'told you so' before… I'm sure I will be told all about it if we are flogged - (how bored am i?):P

What an exciting week, 2 newies and 200 games to a great warrior of the club, can't wait!!! Win or lose, I'm really enjoying seeing some new talent finally.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:... Glad to see the 2 debutants, and not at the expense of Sipposs
I don't know why so many people here were calling for Arryn Siposs to be dropped. His defensive work has improved out of sight in just a few weeks and he knows how to kick straight. We need someone up forward who makes the most of his chances.
Agree, thought he has done well enough to stay in the side, he is going to be a good one. I think people are suggesting that he may be tiring, but barring injury he should play. Wouldn't it be god if Sipposs along with Ledger and Simpkin play a major roll in destroying the filth.

I love this club
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

:shock:

Jason Blake (knee), Tom Lynch (hand) and Nick Winmar (omitted) all miss after last week's win against Fremantle.

Brendon Goddard was overlooked after being involved in a heavy collision last week. Sean Dempster also failed to regain his place after being hospitalised after a heavy bump against Fremantle, while Justin Koschitzke will miss another week.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/h ... z1O7ujCbEq

matrix
Saintsational Legend

lol
idiots

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote::shock:

Jason Blake (knee), Tom Lynch (hand) and Nick Winmar (omitted) all miss after last week's win against Fremantle.

Brendon Goddard was overlooked after being involved in a heavy collision last week. Sean Dempster also failed to regain his place after being hospitalised after a heavy bump against Fremantle, while Justin Koschitzke will miss another week.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/h ... z1O7ujCbEq
Lets wait foe the SS media apologists to bob up and tell us its all based on our paranoia and there really was no mistake.

Cabbages.

“Yeah….nah””
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Gee, 5 outs and 3 ins... rotations are gonna be tough.

I reckon that copy was written prior to team announcements. Careless editing.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Hi risk selection strategy for such a crucial game IMO. While it isn't crucial for us to win, it is important for us to avoid a 10+ goal thrashing.

I think it's extremely hard on Simpkin. Putting a debutant defender up against such a powerful attack could see him ripped to shreds and set him back a fair way. It doesn't make much sense to me.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift