Swans pushing for walsh hard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

the real mismanagement is why we kept him out of the team whilst he was producing his best form to date at Sandy whilst insisting that Nick "I have my knee drained of fluid every week" Riewoldt was pushed to play despite clear injury impacted form.

I'm not having a dig at Nick who is actually my favorite player but what the previous coach did was create this situation.

Walsh is closer to leaving through lack of opportunity and Riewoldt is closer to having his career ended prematurely and touch wood, hasn't done irreprable damage costing him his agility

saints66
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:Even if Walsh does go, could you blame him? He's been given one tiny opportunity for us, and then probably wheeled out for the International series. Pretty pathetic I reckon.
and he is not in the International Series.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

the real mismanagement is why we kept him out of the team whilst he was producing his best form to date at Sandy whilst insisting that Nick "I have my knee drained of fluid every week" Riewoldt was pushed to play despite clear injury impacted form.

I'm not having a dig at Nick who is actually my favorite player but what the previous coach did was create this situation.

Walsh is closer to leaving through lack of opportunity and Riewoldt is closer to having his career ended prematurely and touch wood, hasn't done irreprable damage costing him his agility

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saints66
Club Player

saintjake wrote:
St. Luke wrote:Even if Walsh does go, could you blame him? He's been given one tiny opportunity for us, and then probably wheeled out for the International series. Pretty pathetic I reckon.
He wasn't given any opportunity!
and he is not in the International Series

saints66
Club Player

saintjake wrote:
and he is not in the International Series

savatage
SS Life Member

saintjake wrote:
I think he meant the NAB cup.

saints66
Club Player

saintjake wrote:
and he has not been selected for the International Series!

saints66
Club Player

saintjake wrote:
and he has not been selected in the International Series!

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Interesting that Sydney are apparently about to do a deal to trade Lewis Johnston to Adelaide, so that will create more of a need for a "tall forward" on the Swans list.
Funnily enough he was taken at no. 12 in the 2008 draft, so Adelaide will get those taken at 12 and 13 in that draft pretty cheaply (Lynch and Johnston), just as they ought to be ready to produce at AFL level.
No real sign of talk about Tommy on the Swans board on BigFooty, though.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I thought he would be playing for Ireland in the International series.

saintlee
Club Player

I haven't heard any talk of this other than here...are we sure the Swans are even interested?

My understanding was that Walsh is keen to stay and the Saints want him.....don't see him leaving personally.

Buckets
SS Life Member

saintlee wrote:I haven't heard any talk of this other than here...are we sure the Swans are even interested?

My understanding was that Walsh is keen to stay and the Saints want him.....don't see him leaving personally.
Depends. Could the swans pick him up in the draft?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
saintlee
Club Player

Buckets wrote:
saintlee wrote:I haven't heard any talk of this other than here...are we sure the Swans are even interested?

I guess if he nominated for it. I don't think he will

savatage
SS Life Member

Buckets wrote:

I very much doubt he would walk out on St.Kilda to enter the draft...it's true there are clubs circling after him (including the Swans) however the club does intend to keep him - so hopefully the money can be sorted out & a deal can be sorted shortly.

micthomas1

Would be a real travisty not to see this guy play a senior game of AFL for the Saints next year. We all have been pretty excited about getting Ahmed Saad and let's not forget he has been only playing Aussie rules for the last 6 years, well that's a few more than Tommy has. Both had good years for there respective VFL teams this year and would expect to break into the senior team at some stage in 2012. Yes would be a real shame as we are crying out for that third forward and it would be devastating to see Tommy fill a key position role at the Swans without us even given him the opportunity.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

think he is playing for the opposition.....we get first dibbs to add him to our list before the draft......don't think he is available to just leave at the moment.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

deleted

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saint6 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
If he really wants an irish friend, we could get Sentanta. :wink:
yes a player whose main claim to fame is being suspended for belting a team mate in a practice match
It was a cloke though .....

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Very sorry to say guys but its line ball sydney are offering a lot

#1 Ryder fan
GoTheTorp
Club Player

MC Gusto wrote:Very sorry to say guys but its line ball sydney are offering a lot
Source? nothing anywhere about it :roll:

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Very sorry to say guys but its line ball sydney are offering a lot
I don't understand how the rookie system works. Do they have to trade to get him or can he just walk and enter the draft? Coz our pick is before Sydney's.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Interesting that Sydney are apparently about to do a deal to trade Lewis Johnston to Adelaide, so that will create more of a need for a "tall forward" on the Swans list.
Funnily enough he was taken at no. 12 in the 2008 draft, so Adelaide will get those taken at 12 and 13 in that draft pretty cheaply (Lynch and Johnston), just as they ought to be ready to produce at AFL level.
I was sort of expecting Johnston to come to us for Lynch. Like for like, so to speak. Will be a couple of good years of recruiting for Adelaide, bar Tambling... isn't Rendell at Adelaide?

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Interesting that Sydney are apparently about to do a deal to trade Lewis Johnston to Adelaide, so that will create more of a need for a "tall forward" on the Swans list.
I was sort of expecting Johnston to come to us for Lynch. Like for like, so to speak. Will be a couple of good years of recruiting for Adelaide, bar Tambling... isn't Rendell at Adelaide?
Tambling has worked so well they thought they'd try some more. Ross Lyon style, get guys that were high picks that didn't get moving and back them in.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
I don't understand how the rookie system works. Do they have to trade to get him or can he just walk and enter the draft? Coz our pick is before Sydney's.
They have to trade with us or he can nominate in the draft with a price tag - that would be a big risk on his and their behalf cos then he could land with anyone willing and able to pay
Thats my understanding

#1 Ryder fan