Freo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Freo

crippa2sipa wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I may be wrong, but didn't Yabby retire from St Kilda, spend at least 1 year out of the game, adn then move on to Hawthorn?

I would have thought that is quite a different scenario to a coach, accepting a contract with a Club via his management and then using that contract to elicit, via a 'secret negotiator', an even better one from another Club who sack their incumbent coach without any warning.
Then instead of fronting up to a Press Conference where his contract extension is about to be announced he uses a get-out clause to 'flee the coop' from his current Club.
My posts (in the RL thread) have amply demonstrated that there was no "secret negotiator" in the sense you imply. BackFromUSA has failed to rebut any of the points I made in those posts because those points are frankly irrefutable.

As for a club sacking an incumbent coach who has grossly underperformed, that is par for the course in professional football. It's about time that whingers like Mark Harvey and his mates got over themselves in that regard.

Harvey was handsomely rewarded with a $600,000 payout plus a further $300,000 odd for his assistant's job at the Brisbane Lions. He's far better off now than he would have been at Freo, especially since they planned to sack him in 2012.

Now if it's OK with you, can we get back on topic, please?

There is ample room for bitching about Ross Lyon on the Ross Lyon thread.
Freo only wanted to originally pay Harvey a payout of $300K becuase of the $300K he was getting at Brisbane. How unethical are they!

You sound like you wouldn't have an ethical bone in your body but none the less, that is beside the point. I'm really finding your posts as President of the Ross Lyon/Fremantle appreciation society very amusing.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
crippa2sipa
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
crippa2sipa wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I may be wrong, but didn't Yabby retire from St Kilda, spend at least 1 year out of the game, adn then move on to Hawthorn?

I would have thought that is quite a different scenario to a coach, accepting a contract with a Club via his management and then using that contract to elicit, via a 'secret negotiator', an even better one from another Club who sack their incumbent coach without any warning.
Then instead of fronting up to a Press Conference where his contract extension is about to be announced he uses a get-out clause to 'flee the coop' from his current Club.
My posts (in the RL thread) have amply demonstrated that there was no "secret negotiator" in the sense you imply. BackFromUSA has failed to rebut any of the points I made in those posts because those points are frankly irrefutable.

As for a club sacking an incumbent coach who has grossly underperformed, that is par for the course in professional football. It's about time that whingers like Mark Harvey and his mates got over themselves in that regard.

Harvey was handsomely rewarded with a $600,000 payout plus a further $300,000 odd for his assistant's job at the Brisbane Lions. He's far better off now than he would have been at Freo, especially since they planned to sack him in 2012.

Freo only wanted to originally pay Harvey a payout of $300K becuase of the $300K he was getting at Brisbane. How unethical are they!

You sound like you wouldn't have an ethical bone in your body but none the less, that is beside the point. I'm really finding your posts as President of the Ross Lyon/Fremantle appreciation society very amusing.
While I'm happy to oblige a man of such taste and sophistication as yourself, you are labouring under a sad misconception.

The absolute maximum a court would have awarded Harvey would have been the $300,000 Freo offered, not the $600,000 he claimed.
A court will compensate a man for his loss. But it will not allow a man to turn that loss into a windfall.
This the court will absolutely not allow.
'In contractual cases, the plaintiff is always bound to mitigate his loss - something Harvey refused to do.

Now if Harvey had sued the FFC for the extra $300,000, he would not only have lost the case; he'd have had costs awarded against him too.
That is the court's way of punishing people who waste the court's time and the public's money.

The court looks very disapprovingly on adventurers who seek money by unscrupulous means.
And that is exactly what Harvey has done.
Frankly, such a man would have been laughed out of court.
He is a dunderhead and a dolt. And that's being charitable.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

crippa2sipa wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

While I'm happy to oblige a man of such taste and sophistication as yourself, you are labouring under a sad misconception.

The absolute maximum a court would have awarded Harvey would have been the $300,000 Freo offered, not the $600,000 he claimed.
A court will compensate a man for his loss. But it will not allow a man to turn that loss into a windfall.
This the court will absolutely not allow.
'In contractual cases, the plaintiff is always bound to mitigate his loss - something Harvey refused to do.

Now if Harvey had sued the FFC for the extra $300,000, he would not only have lost the case; he'd have had costs awarded against him too.
That is the court's way of punishing people who waste the court's time and the public's money.

The court looks very disapprovingly on adventurers who seek money by unscrupulous means.
And that is exactly what Harvey has done.
Frankly, such a man would have been laughed out of court.
He is a dunderhead and a dolt. And that's being charitable.
I reckon you made all that up. Apart from being right about my fine taste and sophistication, I'll concede you one other thing, Harvey had nothing on Lyon but even knobs deserve to be treated decently.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
crippa2sipa
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
crippa2sipa wrote:

Yes Sir!
If there was a 'salute' emoticon I would use it now. :roll:

As for the term 'secret negotiator' please explain what you would call a solicitor acting on your behalf during negotiations with Fremantle whilst your 'appointed negotiators' Elite are dealing with your current employers.
If/when asked by St Kilda if they were dealing with another CLub (say Fremantel) what would their answer have been?
'NO, we're not.'
And that was the truth - they were not.
They held a legally binding contract with Lyon allowing them to negotiate his cnotracts. I imagine that the standard contract would give them exclusivitiy?
I'm assuming that the one with Lyon did also.

Therefore the deal done with Freo was negotiated by someone outside of that contract.
Certainly in St Kilda's case, A SECRET NEGOTIATOR acting on behalf of Lyon.

But of course you probably think that Nettlefold should have known that Lyon would go outside his appointed, contracted negotiators to deal with another Club who had an existing coach.
Me Magic, I have addressed all the points you raise in my posts on the Ross Lyon thread (On the couch).
If you have read what I wrote and disagree with a particular proposition, then I shall be happy to debate that point with you there.

supersaints
Club Player

Dear Mr Cripa2sippa,

I do take some objection to you calling me dumb. I had never bothered to read any of your other posts, (now I have I can see why I didn't bother).
Its actually hard to sort out when you are dribbling or not.

Your comments about Jeans were tripe. If you were the giant intellect you profess yourself to be you would have the brains to know that perhaps close friends and relatives could be offended by such remarks. It was disrespectfully dumb at least.

.....I can see you now think you are a lawyer, could you please inform me how long you have been practising law?
I have no legal training but I have been through the courts on a few lengthy unfair dismissal cases, (no not against me- but I had to represent the corporation. I can tell you that people seek furthrer compensation when unfairly dismissed because it effects their future earnings).
I would hazard a guess (At least I admit it's a guess because I don't know the facts) non the less , a more educated guess than the load of tripe you state ,

Harveys future earnings were and are severly impacted -- He is now a sacked coach his potential earnings have diminisshed by a large degree. (Can you ask your friend Ross what a coach in demand can earn compared to a sacked coach?)

I don't think the legal system is designed to "punish people who waste their time". But then again you know everything - or is that another tongue in cheek statement?

PS: I looked but sadly could not find a "butt hole" emoticon , If I do I will pass it onto you (and your legal firm).
Now be a good boy and play with the traffic

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Oh well, we'll see how he goes at Freo.

He didn't go there because he saw anything in them, it was about leaving St Kilda after all.

crippa2sipa
Club Player

Dear Supersaint,
I apologize unreservedly for causing you offence. It was not my intention at all.
While I disagree with the specific points you raise about Harvey, I am what posters on this thread would call a "worshiper" of Allan Jeans.
Jeans himself, of course, was a great admirer of Ross Lyon - both as a man and as a coach. He'd have been appalled by the call - to which my tongue-in-cheek post about Jeans was a response - for banning posters on a Saints' supporters' site who hold Ross Lyon in similarly high regard.
I sincerely hope that despite our disagreements we can leave it at that.
Respectfully yours,
C2S

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Yabby would have been appalled at the way Lyin' left the club had he lived to see it.

As to a comparision between the two as coaches and as men, there is none.

Jeans had integrity.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Yabby would have been appalled at the way Lyin' left the club had he lived to see it.

As to a comparision between the two as coaches and as men, there is none.

Jeans had integrity.
Who is "Lyin"?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
supersaints
Club Player

crippa2sipa wrote:Dear Supersaint,
I apologize unreservedly for causing you offence. It was not my intention at all.
While I disagree with the specific points you raise about Harvey, I am what posters on this thread would call a "worshiper" of Allan Jeans.
Jeans himself, of course, was a great admirer of Ross Lyon - both as a man and as a coach. He'd have been appalled by the call - to which my tongue-in-cheek post about Jeans was a response - for banning posters on a Saints' supporters' site who hold Ross Lyon in similarly high regard.
Respectfully yours,
C2S

No problem.....C2S Time to move on - everyone deserves an opinion, you included. I haven't commented on Rl's departure but he's gone and we move on (hopefully!)

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
crippa2sipa
Club Player

supersaints wrote:
crippa2sipa wrote:Dear Supersaint,
Respectfully yours,
C2S

No problem.....C2S Time to move on - everyone deserves an opinion, you included. I haven't commented on Rl's departure but he's gone and we move on (hopefully!)
Thanks supersaint. That is very greatly appreciated!
C2S

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

MODS time to on !!!

In red white and black from 73
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I saw Rl tonight. Walked bang straight past me. Was surreal. He looked a million bucks too.
trimmed up. Big preseason.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I saw Rl tonight. Walked bang straight past me. Was surreal. He looked a million bucks too.
trimmed up. Big preseason.
Was he holding hands with anyone from this forum? :wink: :wink:

clarky449 wrote:we lost a brilliant coach
clarky449 wrote:Stop thinking whoever/whatever is at the club is Gods Gift to the world.
clarky449 wrote:stop being so bias
clarky449 wrote:Footy Nimbats
See above.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Ill stop going about Ross when all the Footy Nimbats stop being so bias and realise we lost a brilliant coach and that Scott may not be as good. Stop thinking whoever/whatever is at the club is Gods Gift to the world.
I suppose only a brilliant coach could fail in that many Grand Finals...

the mere mortals wouldn't even get there

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Ill stop going about Ross when all the Footy Nimbats stop being so bias and realise we lost a brilliant coach and that Scott may not be as good. Stop thinking whoever/whatever is at the club is Gods Gift to the world.
I get it that you think Lyon is a brilliant coach. And you're probably right.

But he's no longer part of our club.

Why does it worry you so much what the supporters of his old team think of him?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

when did he become brilliant coach?

very debatable

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
I get it that you think Lyon is a brilliant coach. And you're probably right.

But he's no longer part of our club.

Why does it worry you so much what the supporters of his old team think of him?
Okay well i stopped going on about Ross but now since people have asked question, they just want to drag it out. Move on guys.

Because the Footy Nimbats that think their club is gods gift to the world and cant do anything wrong (extremely bias) frustrate the living hell out of me.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:when did he become brilliant coach?

very debatable
When he turned a free willing, attacking team with barely no defensive plan into a defensive, commited, hard working team that made the 09 and 10 grand finals. Also winning 19 games in a row would not have been achievable if it wasnt for Ross Lyon. No team had seen what we did in 09 before in regards to the harrasment of the opposition and the forward pressure we put on.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

very debatable
When he started telling the footy world how premierships are won? :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

very debatable

Funny I am sure you have previously said that. Cant be bothered proving it but I know that you know you have said it on this board previously. He has left now though so he obviously isnt.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

very debatable

Funny I am sure you have previously said that. Cant be bothered proving it but I know that you know you have said it on this board previously. He has left now though so he obviously isnt.
?

I didn't say it, he did.

"Premierships are won with strong pre-seasons, a strong leadership group and a strong game plan, and those foundations are all laid in the next five months," Lyon said on Friday.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sp ... 1kcq0.html

Don't be so serious pluggs

crippa2sipa
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:When he started telling the footy world how premierships are won? :wink:

?

I didn't say it, he did.

"Premierships are won with strong pre-seasons, a strong leadership group and a strong game plan, and those foundations are all laid in the next five months," Lyon said on Friday.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sp ... 1kcq0.html

Don't be so serious pluggs
God, it's really hard not to vomit when you spout such inanities, let alone repeat them.

Our ex-coach uttered a statement. That statement is obviously true. Big deal.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

What part of ;) and don't be so serious do people not get?

You're the one making a big deal over anything Ross Lyon related.