LYON RECEPTION THIS FRIDAY NIGHT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: LYON RECEPTION THIS FRIDAY NIGHT

BigMart wrote:
offered a 50% pay cut, no one in their right mind would accept that. I can see why he left....
?????????????????

Ball was overpaid his entire time with us in the expectation that he would deliver when he reached his prime years. Effectively paid in advance....

With money bulging out of his pockets, he could not accept dropping from an overpaid $600K, back to what he was worth $300K.

Lyon left for mercenary reasons, but so did Ball.

I hate the way Lyon chose to depart. Not ethical in my book.

He took the $million sign on fee and left.

But if you are going to run an argument, apply some logic and be consistent. Lyon left and doubled his salary, but you bemoan that Ball was justified in cracking it when the factor of 2 was applied in his case.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
andrewg
Club Player

i will boo the judas. It will make me feel better ross lyon is a scumbag

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

How does that saying go? "don't get mad....get even" I can understand the strength of feeling surrounding this match, but feel that we should have only one "reception" for Lyon, Dawson and Freo, and that is NOISE! Loud barracking for OUR BOYS!!!
Honestly, who in their right mind would contemplate throwing coins at the guy? :roll:
Can you imagine the media response to that doozy of an idea? Just as we're managing to become focussed on FOOTBALL again, some feel that we should give the media (and Lyon) the opportunity to don the mantle of victim. I felt that Lyon's days were ended at our club in the immediate aftermath of our loss to Sydney, can't tell you how I knew, but just had a "feeling" that the guy was GAWN! Thats where it should all stay now, and we should all be focussed 110% on getting behind OUR boys rather than waste energy on two ex-employees.
I mean, should we boo Harves because he threw a hissy fit and left the club (for Collingwood for gawds sake) because that would be as equally useless (IMHO)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Contemplating a banner simply reading STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY to hold up at the end of the game. My seat is near the away bench.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
BigMart wrote:
offered a 50% pay cut, no one in their right mind would accept that. I can see why he left....
?????????????????

Ball was overpaid his entire time with us in the expectation that he would deliver when he reached his prime years. Effectively paid in advance....

With money bulging out of his pockets, he could not accept dropping from an overpaid $600K, back to what he was worth $300K.

Lyon left for mercenary reasons, but so did Ball.

I hate the way Lyon chose to depart. Not ethical in my book.

He took the $million sign on fee and left.

But if you are going to run an argument, apply some logic and be consistent. Lyon left and doubled his salary, but you bemoan that Ball was justified in cracking it when the factor of 2 was applied in his case.
Good Call!

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

It'd be great if everytime Dawson touches it the crowd cheers, because it's good to see him not making critical errors in our colours.

When he makes a critical error, as he always does, everyone cheer.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
saintkellerm
Club Player

Instead of the freo song have Abba singing money money money and then oops, put on the freo song (if u can call it that)

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i sincerely hope Ross Lyon's return visit will be a complete non event.

I favour the silent treatment ... ignore him and he will go away.

Best scenario is that the boys show him that he is not missed ... that they have grown as a team and us as a club with his departure.

As someone else noted, 22 goals by 15 different goalkickers would do the trick.

i hope Saints fans show a bit of class on this one.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i hope one of the kids plays that couldnt get a gig under him and has an absolute blinder 8-)

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

They boo us when we go over there for no reason. So I would love to see our supporters show a bit of passion and get stuck into them.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:i hope one of the kids plays that couldnt get a gig under him and has an absolute blinder 8-)

Which kid was held back?

Armo and Steven played most of last year, big Mac has been brought on slowly but effectively, Stanley was showing little and got injured, then our game style to get past the press has changed and he is playing a dirfferent role (and also playing better), Cripps was getting games and go injured, Newnws wasn't there.

So the choice is Simpkin. Hope he has a blinder too. :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Cheese grater.

Plain and simple.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:How does that saying go? "don't get mad....get even" I can understand the strength of feeling surrounding this match, but feel that we should have only one "reception" for Lyon, Dawson and Freo, and that is NOISE! Loud barracking for OUR BOYS!!!
Honestly, who in their right mind would contemplate throwing coins at the guy? :roll:
Can you imagine the media response to that doozy of an idea? Just as we're managing to become focussed on FOOTBALL again, some feel that we should give the media (and Lyon) the opportunity to don the mantle of victim. I felt that Lyon's days were ended at our club in the immediate aftermath of our loss to Sydney, can't tell you how I knew, but just had a "feeling" that the guy was GAWN! Thats where it should all stay now, and we should all be focussed 110% on getting behind OUR boys rather than waste energy on two ex-employees.
I mean, should we boo Harves because he threw a hissy fit and left the club (for Collingwood for gawds sake) because that would be as equally useless (IMHO)

Best that you lubricate the tonsils with plenty of red cordial pre-game young fellow !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

This 'Lyon is mercenary' stuff is so pathetic I'm sitting here giggling.

He was all but bankrupt, we (rightly) had doubts about ongoing tenure and wouldn't just give him a contract for the hell of it, he (rightly for him) took a killer offer that will serve him and his family well.

No harm done anywhere as far as I can tell.

We got Lyon's best years. I for one am tremendously grateful for the near-but-not-near-enough years.

Any animosity is year 11 schoolgirl stuff.

Besides, based on last two weeks, I'm liking what's come out the other end. Hungry, motivated, confident kids who are now getting chance when their bodies are relatively up to the task.

I just want to beat Freo. I don't care who coaches them.

IMO.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
matrix wrote:So the choice is Simpkin. Hope he has a blinder too. :D
Ross will look at the team sheets on Thursday night and say who is Simpkin, did they pick up another mature age rookie in the draft? :wink:

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Thinline wrote:This 'Lyon is mercenary' stuff is so pathetic I'm sitting here giggling.

He was all but bankrupt, we (rightly) had doubts about ongoing tenure and wouldn't just give him a contract for the hell of it, he (rightly for him) took a killer offer that will serve him and his family well.

We got Lyon's best years. I for one am tremendously grateful for the near-but-not-near-enough years.

Besides, based on last two weeks, I'm liking what's come out the other end. Hungry, motivated, confident kids who are now getting chance when their bodies are relatively up to the task.

IMO.
The issue is the WAY he left, not why he left. Freo fans must feel the same way for them to have given Harvey a round of applause. They will back Lyon as he is the coach of their team and a part of their club. However, they were no happier about the way it all went down than the Saints fans.

I won't be booing him (as much as I may be tempted to do so). However, I will be making a hell of a lot of noise during the game for our team and our players. I certainly won't be begrudging any of the 11 year old school girls that do stick it to him.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintkellerm wrote:Instead of the freo song have Abba singing money money money and then oops, put on the freo song (if u can call it that)
Over to you Gary Lyon & The Footy Show!!!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If they are going to do a parody, it has to be lying eyes by the Eagles :)

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dave - we should all be happy Lyon has left, along with Harvs. Much better off without those two.

Harvs was a great player, but at the moment a mediocre coach IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Rather than carry on about Lyon (past history)- get even louder and enthusiastic about the Saints..start the "St Killlda St Killllda" chant as soon as the team run on the ground and dont stop!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The Freo players will be ok, they have the bubble!

“I’m sure the players will rally around him, but at the same time – and Ross has been fantastic with this – it’s about focusing on what we’re going to do and how we’re going to handle the situation,” Duffield said. “We’re going to work very hard on not letting (outside influences) distract us from the performance itself. We’re focusing on how we want to play football and how we want to go about the game.”

markp
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:This 'Lyon is mercenary' stuff is so pathetic I'm sitting here giggling.

IMO.
Yup.

If the club really wanted to keep him, then they totally botched it.

If they/he weren't 100% convinced he was the man for the next phase, and he read the writing on the wall and grabbed a great opportunity, then it's a win/win.

I notice our intensity and pressure is still referred to with his name attached... I hope we use that very thing (with a bit of added flare!) to crush Freo.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Come on Joffa, blind freedy knows Lyin didnt play the kids. Armo only got regular games cause Lenny was injured. McEvoy only cause Gardner was injured. As for Steven, he hardly got regular games. Do you need reminding about Walsh?

Qld Saints Supporter Group
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
Ralphy wrote:freo vs us is never a non event there is always boos towards them, they are hated....
Ross lying, is now THERE coach WAS our coach, ENEMY
their.

Although the spelling could be OK... it might be a punctuation thing. As in

Ross lying is now THERE. coach? WAS our coach... ENEMY?

So there. or their.

felix
Club Player

Lyon looks stupid in a Freo cap, that's enough punishment for the guy.