Rooey still injured

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rooey still injured

Still don't see the point to purposely misleading??

If they are waiting up until the 11th hour.... That perfectly alright...

I love it when coaches are dead straight with the media, supporters and I suppose players.... Honesty can never been seen as a negative.

Just my opinion

Austinnn
Club Player

BigMart wrote:And I don't think it's much to ask as a member, that communication coming out of my club is a little bit honest?
Is that asking a bit much....
I find your attitude puzzling. I just don't get why you care. Imagine how you'd react if the club was really doing something wrong. Well anyway I think I'll leave you to your frustration. Try not to hurt yourself. From now on I think I'll take your grievances with a pinch of salt. I mean if you get annoyed about nothing, then you get annoyed about everything; your annoyance becomes irrelevant. The red giant continues to head towards supernova.
vacuous space wrote:If they think Roo might be a chance to play, they have to name him. I'm not sure that falls under the category of selection games. The ones where they're making last minute like-for-like changes where the guy going out plays for Sandy are more gimmicky. Not sure there's any point to them, but I'm not also sure it's a major issue. As a member, you have a right not to renew your membership over selection issues. Not sure what other avenues are available. Hunger strike, maybe?
Absolutely. :D Maybe the name would have to change to SkinnyMart or FrailMart. :shock:

EDIT: Just to clarify, of course I want my club to be honest to its members. I don't categorise this as being dishonest, and they are misleading the rest of the football world, I'd be surprised if they imagine their own supporters would be upset. If they lied to their members about important club issues like administration then fair enough, but not disclosing the weekend's selection until the weekend is not something I consider to be lying. You could argue that it is technically, but that's a very black&white definition.

As far as the negative effect. You may be right; they might prepare for different scenarios, but that in itself puts them at a disadvantage. If they have a match up for a Riewoldt type player, maybe he's the wrong match up for a Wilkes type, maybe the shuffling they have to do will ruffle the players. It might have .0000005 of a bee's dick of an effect on their system and the coaching, but it might be more. Worth a try.

In short, no law against it, no harm done to anyone except RapidlyDecreasingInSizeMart's heart rate, could have a positive effect or no effect, but will not have a negative effect. :mrgreen: Go ahead, Scott.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Austinnn
Club Player

I think I understand now. I looked on the Why did we let go of Ben Walton? thread and I noted BM's latest post and i think I get it; Find an issue, anything. Critisise the club. Anyone who disagrees is an 'apologist' and the fact that you asked the question makes you feel like you're the tough discerning fan, holding inadequacy to account. Like the Sack The Board threads that used to pop up until I put the scribe in my ignore list. I really think there are fans out there that subconsciously would like St Kilda to be the basket case it used to be just so they'd have something to moan about.

I mean, with our history it makes sense. All the long-term supporters here have been raised on incompetent administrations, terrible list management, inadequate football and mind-numbingly short sighted decisions, then suddenly things get a lot better, a lot more pro, the outlook is brighter. So what is a supporter to do? Don't want to get complacent. Supporters are happy now, the fools! They don't see. We're only another breath away from our next stupid mistake. Must stay vigilant, like a dog chained to a pole in an peaceful yard. Any sound will make it bark. In the 90s we were rattling tins and collecting wooden spoons. Now we're playing games with our team announcement. We are just about to collapse, I just know it!

It gives your wasted moments on here some kind of currency to tilt at windmills. Fair enough, this is what happens when man is given everything he wants. He will make war with thin air. Like watching the Glenn Beck show. Like reading the sad sad comments below the line in YouTube videos. Once again, I got sucked in by the energy, I am nothing more than space dust being pulled closer to that expanding sun. When will I learn? This has been a real lesson for me BigMart, thank you. What a criminal waste of my time. It's a shame because you actually do sometimes make some good points, but you are just helping me waste my time, and I never used to attack other posters. But I have seen the light now and I'm putting on my thrusters, getting out of that gravitational pull. You'll be pleased to know that you have heard the last of me, I will criticise you no more, you will go on the old foe list and be forgotten. I'll spend less time here and no one will have to read my stupidly long critiques of your brain farts. Everyone's a winner. Bye Bye BigMart, it's been a gas. Go Saints!

signed,
the shamed St Kilda apologist/supporter Austinnn

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
Austinnn
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
Austinnn wrote: Wilkes comes in for Roo if he is injured. Kosi has a chance to see if he is able to shake off poor form with a rest and less ruck duties. If not then Wilkes is more match fit to replace him.

Saad, Kosi, Milne, Schneider, Wilkes, Sippos.
Kosi and Wilkes in the same forward line would give us two guys who aren't that nimble and with limited aerobic capacity. There's room for only one of them ... at the absolute most ... in the forward line IMO
Yep fair enough but I'm not sure I'd take out Kosi and Riewoldt and stick in Wilkes and an underdone Stanley. Perhaps Wilkes and the BJ forward plan might work, but you'd definitely want a more conservative plan B wouldn't you? What's the plan B? Does Kosi make it into the squad at all?

I think Watters is getting more conservative with his selection as the weeks pass, and it's clear he values stability and is prepared to back himself even if results are initially not great. There's good and bad to that, isn't there? I will be very interested to see what team actually comes out and how they perform, so many unknowns. It's going to be an interesting game in terms of sussing out how our coach sees our team and what his decision making is like. Let's hope it's a great game too.

Go St Kilda!

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Mr Powers,

So have you put Mr Mart on your ignore list as well?

Can't understand people using it, unless you love censorship.

Regards
Dr Evil.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Austinnn
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Mr Powers,

So have you put Mr Mart on your ignore list as well?

Can't understand people using it, unless you love censorship.

Regards
Dr Evil.
The list is getting bigger and bigger!

Don't think of it as censorship. I'm not trying to stop BM from posting. Think of it like this:

You're in a pub. Some bloke next you is mouthing off, whinging about something irrelevant. You pull him up on a few points. A polemic discussion ensues and you walk away wondering what this bloke is all about.

The next night you go to the same pub. The same bloke is there, whining to anyone who will listen about something else. You try to ignore him but even when you're talking to your mates, his voice seems to cut through, or you see him madly gesticulating out of the corner of your eye. You pick out a random sentence, something that sticks in your craw. You want to ignore him, but the energy of his argument sucks you in. You engage him again.

The pattern repeats over the course of a month. At some stage you ask yourself "Why am I going to the pub in the first place? I spend my nights arguing about nothing. This guy isn't a mate, yet I spend my life talking to him. Wouldn't I rather talk about something that at least interests me?"

The next night you go to the pub and you see the bloke mouthing off again. You are faced with a choice. You choose to go to a different part of the pub, where you can't hear his whiny voice or see his annoying fat sweaty mouth open and close. You talk to other people who are more interesting. The other guy, the loudmouth, he's still talking, he's fine. You're happy too, not spending your time making fun of someone. No one has to listen to you tiredly argue with him either, so they win. Everyone wins.

Is that censorship?

We choose who we listen to every day. If you don't buy The Herald Sun, are you censoring the far right? It might seem like I've got my fingers in my ears, but I'm not shutting everything out, I'm still talking to you aren't I?

I am already happier about using Saintsational, and while I will miss some of BMs ideas, it just isn't worth the time I spend responding to his more ridiculous ones. Ironically, after I put him on my foe list I considered doing the same with you, relieving me of the duty of refuting your more offensive or mindless threads, but I'll leave it for now. I'm up to 4 'foes' so far, I think that's enough. But you do test the patience, Dr Evil. There are still loads of other posters that I don't agree with that I'm happy to spend time reading, by the way.

Our time on this earth is precious and I find myself spending far too long on here debating things that - when you take a step back and realise - don't mean a damn thing. In short, unlike you I am taking this far too seriously. I need to wean myself off this forum a bit and get back into the real world. So I'll follow the match feed, or debate interesting issues, but I don't need the sniping and arguing.

I wish I could just write a sentence like Jays, but every time I post, it seems to be a 16 paragraph essay. I'm sick of it, and I bet I'm not the only one.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
dragit
Saintsational Legend

I love you Austinnn… of course, you may not be able to read this :!: :)

Austinnn
Club Player

No, you're fine Dragit, coming through loud and clear! Thanks!

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
loris
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:No, you're fine Dragit, coming through loud and clear! Thanks!
I think you are the best thing since sliced bread Austinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :wink:

Austinnn
Club Player

I agree Loris. I am truly fantastic. If I could spend all day reading my long-winded Saintsational posts I'd be happy. Or better still, watch them read out on TV by a leading actor of the generation.

You're not so bad yourself. You still coming over for the Tour de France? Bring an umbrella if you're coming anywhere near Brittany.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

And you think I'm arrogant....nice and self indulgent....

The irony that I cannot be critical of StK, but you are allowed (in a dribble 1000 word essay) to be critical of me being critical because youre superior with no actual response to the issue...

And then proudly announce your ignoring me, like it's going to offend, really why would I worry about your opinion of me.... And visa versa... I don't censor anyone..... As I believe people are entitled to theirs opinion (even P66) and if I disagree I will argue the point...

When you're best argument is.... Well, your a s*** bloke, really it means you've got nothing!!

When your pretending to know someone and commenting on them as people, when infact you've never met me, I find that interesting.... Even moreso people who are pre occupied with character assignations of anonymous people....

I too believe there are two kinds of supporters
Ones who clap there hands, never question, and give unconditional support no matter what.
Ones who are competitive beasts and love winning and success..and struggle with anything less

Good or Bad..... I am only satisfied with success. That's just how I operate. And when I don't, I like to know why......so next time I do!!

And my little annoyance...... Selection mind games.... Was that worth such a huge response

NO...... But just criticizing is enough to illicit such responses for some

Anyone would think I called your kids Ugly

BTW - I love tha Saints.... Just like everyone else.... I bleed RB&W

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:I think I understand now. I looked on the Why did we let go of Ben Walton? thread and I noted BM's latest post and i think I get it; Find an issue, anything. Critisise the club. Anyone who disagrees is an 'apologist' and the fact that you asked the question makes you feel like you're the tough discerning fan, holding inadequacy to account. Like the Sack The Board threads that used to pop up until I put the scribe in my ignore list. I really think there are fans out there that subconsciously would like St Kilda to be the basket case it used to be just so they'd have something to moan about.

I mean, with our history it makes sense. All the long-term supporters here have been raised on incompetent administrations, terrible list management, inadequate football and mind-numbingly short sighted decisions, then suddenly things get a lot better, a lot more pro, the outlook is brighter. So what is a supporter to do? Don't want to get complacent. Supporters are happy now, the fools! They don't see. We're only another breath away from our next stupid mistake. Must stay vigilant, like a dog chained to a pole in an peaceful yard. Any sound will make it bark. In the 90s we were rattling tins and collecting wooden spoons. Now we're playing games with our team announcement. We are just about to collapse, I just know it!

It gives your wasted moments on here some kind of currency to tilt at windmills. Fair enough, this is what happens when man is given everything he wants. He will make war with thin air. Like watching the Glenn Beck show. Like reading the sad sad comments below the line in YouTube videos. Once again, I got sucked in by the energy, I am nothing more than space dust being pulled closer to that expanding sun. When will I learn? This has been a real lesson for me BigMart, thank you. What a criminal waste of my time. It's a shame because you actually do sometimes make some good points, but you are just helping me waste my time, and I never used to attack other posters. But I have seen the light now and I'm putting on my thrusters, getting out of that gravitational pull. You'll be pleased to know that you have heard the last of me, I will criticise you no more, you will go on the old foe list and be forgotten. I'll spend less time here and no one will have to read my stupidly long critiques of your brain farts. Everyone's a winner. Bye Bye BigMart, it's been a gas. Go Saints!

signed,
the shamed St Kilda apologist/supporter Austinnn
I actually think a lot of the old boys saw the support of a fragile basket case club always backed up to the wall as a sign of their super human loyalty and stoic nature. Success is threatening to the self perception of the old school Saints. Otherwise it's like a gypsy superstition that saying positive statements may cause a shift in the cosmic fabric and force the hand of a higher power to change our trajectory back downwards.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:And you think I'm arrogant....nice and self indulgent....

The irony that I cannot be critical of StK, but you are allowed (in a dribble 1000 word essay) to be critical of me being critical because youre superior with no actual response to the issue...

And then proudly announce your ignoring me, like it's going to offend, really why would I worry about your opinion of me.... And visa versa... I don't censor anyone..... As I believe people are entitled to theirs opinion (even P66) and if I disagree I will argue the point...

When you're best argument is.... Well, your a s*** bloke, really it means you've got nothing!!

When your pretending to know someone and commenting on them as people, when infact you've never met me, I find that interesting.... Even moreso people who are pre occupied with character assignations of anonymous people....

I too believe there are two kinds of supporters
Ones who clap there hands, never question, and give unconditional support no matter what.
Ones who are competitive beasts and love winning and success..and struggle with anything less

Good or Bad..... I am only satisfied with success. That's just how I operate. And when I don't, I like to know why......so next time I do!!

And my little annoyance...... Selection mind games.... Was that worth such a huge response

NO...... But just criticizing is enough to illicit such responses for some

Anyone would think I called your kids Ugly

BTW - I love tha Saints.... Just like everyone else.... I bleed RB&W
Requoted so Mr Powers can read the post....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Austinnn
Club Player

Please don't do that again SP.

Final response to BM, as briefly as I can.

Happy that you're not offended that I'm ignoring you. Not censoring. You have a right to your opinion. I have a right to ignore it, or even dismiss it as garbage. I'm removing myself from the debate as it is a waste of my time, that's all. I could sit around and take you on your points all day, but I have many more useful things I need to be doing, and would actually rather do. The fact that I am compelled to put important things off to ridicule you says far more about me than you I suppose and that is why I am putting an end to it.

Absolutely right that it's self indulgent and arrogant. Still that's me. We all have weaknesses. I know mine, I wonder if you know yours.

Who said you can't be critical of St. K? When I don't agree with critisism, I will fight it, when I agree I will say so and I have. It's the nature and frequency of your critisisms that irks me, but you have occasionally raised good points, as I've said. I think you should reign it in if you want my personal opinion, but do as you please. I'm sick of reading it though. Totally sick of it, listening to someone whinge all the time. It loses currency. When Spacey or Jigging Saint or Sainter K or P66 or anyone with perspective has a go I listen, but you? You moan about EVERYTHING.

My best arguement is not that you're a s*** bloke, the fact that you don't even recall my best arguements is one of the biggest reasons that I'm critical of your work here; how often have I read P66 take down your points and you get sidetracked into a defensive snipe at him, rather than look at what he's saying. You don't bring up all the posts I've written arguing the point of your posts and the reasons why I disagree. Once again, you focus on the personal; if it seems like hypocricy, I'm as unhappy about it as you, that's why this will be my final word. I don't enjoy personal attacks here, reading or writing. That is another reason to ignore you.

I've never met you, maybe you're not like that in person and maybe we'd get on just fine in real life, but in this format your writing annoys the hell out of me and I is BigMart that I am 'assasinating' not (insert your full name).
BigMart wrote:I too believe there are two kinds of supporters

That is you to a tee. Black and White. Binary. Either you critisise everything, or you are a sheep. Nothing in between. That only proves my previous accusations were correct and fortifies and validates my arguement.

I don't even understand the last sentence; you don't and do what?

All very nice words about only being satisfied with success, but who are you trying to kid? Just to pick your latest minor whinge from many past, how is Scott Watters playing games with his team announcement got anything to do with you being a competitive beast? If your glowing self-appraisal were true, you would be happy for the coach to use every trick in the book to get advantage, even if it was futile.

You are right, your off-hand complaint on its own is totally undeserving of all this. The straw that broke this camel's back. I don't take it personally, I am just annoyed.

I think you are a big fan of the club, that's clear. I have a theory about what a supporter is and what support is and what is good and bad critisism, but I have to go now and even if I told you, you probably wouldn't agree, so I won't waste any more time.

That is seriously the last time I will bother with this, and don't try and egg me on any more SP or anyone else.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
ChelseaGuy
Club Player

So is Rooey still injured?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

ChelseaGuy wrote:So is Rooey still injured?
Probably not 100% but with the 16 day break and all the treatment, hyperbaric chambers and Roo's first class preparation I'm sure he'll be ok to play. Of course I'm guessing and now I have written that he will probably be a late withdrawal.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Probably not 100% but with the 16 day break and all the treatment, hyperbaric chambers and Roo's first class preparation I'm sure he'll be ok to play. Of course I'm guessing....
Don't mix with Hinkles SP?

He'd know 8-)

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Probably not 100% but with the 16 day break and all the treatment, hyperbaric chambers and Roo's first class preparation I'm sure he'll be ok to play. Of course I'm guessing....
Don't mix with Hinkles SP?

He'd know 8-)
Is SOG playing? didn't check.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Harves Man
Club Player

Hi Austinnn

Just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your posts - they are a breath of fresh air, compared to some of the black or white thinking that plagues this forum (or this world, for that matter).

I find your posts to be well thought-out, balanced, witty, intelligent and outright funny - please don't be put off and stop the great work you do! Without people like you, this forum can't really grow and evolve, in my occassionally humble opinion.

Incidently, I am living only about 100 miles North from you, in Hampshire, Between Bournemouth and Southampton (you know the one - previously Warnie territory - that chap that once played under-19's for the St Kilda Football Club. Did I ever tell you about the time I played cricket with him in juniors? Only kidding!!!).

All the Best

Harves Man

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

John Bennett.... Do you mean Peter Bennett, the Saint that represented Australia in Water Polo, and was picked to play for Victoria. He was our Full Forward. A bloke named John Coleman was also picked in that team. Peter ended up playing as a ruck rover in the State team and did quite well. But when he returned to the Saints, you guessed it, back to full forward.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Please don't do that again SP.

Final response to BM, as briefly as I can.

Happy that you're not offended that I'm ignoring you. Not censoring. You have a right to your opinion. I have a right to ignore it, or even dismiss it as garbage. I'm removing myself from the debate as it is a waste of my time, that's all. I could sit around and take you on your points all day, but I have many more useful things I need to be doing, and would actually rather do. The fact that I am compelled to put important things off to ridicule you says far more about me than you I suppose and that is why I am putting an end to it.

Absolutely right that it's self indulgent and arrogant. Still that's me. We all have weaknesses. I know mine, I wonder if you know yours.

Who said you can't be critical of St. K? When I don't agree with critisism, I will fight it, when I agree I will say so and I have. It's the nature and frequency of your critisisms that irks me, but you have occasionally raised good points, as I've said. I think you should reign it in if you want my personal opinion, but do as you please. I'm sick of reading it though. Totally sick of it, listening to someone whinge all the time. It loses currency. When Spacey or Jigging Saint or Sainter K or P66 or anyone with perspective has a go I listen, but you? You moan about EVERYTHING.

My best arguement is not that you're a s*** bloke, the fact that you don't even recall my best arguements is one of the biggest reasons that I'm critical of your work here; how often have I read P66 take down your points and you get sidetracked into a defensive snipe at him, rather than look at what he's saying. You don't bring up all the posts I've written arguing the point of your posts and the reasons why I disagree. Once again, you focus on the personal; if it seems like hypocricy, I'm as unhappy about it as you, that's why this will be my final word. I don't enjoy personal attacks here, reading or writing. That is another reason to ignore you.

I've never met you, maybe you're not like that in person and maybe we'd get on just fine in real life, but in this format your writing annoys the hell out of me and I is BigMart that I am 'assasinating' not (insert your full name).
BigMart wrote:I too believe there are two kinds of supporters

That is you to a tee. Black and White. Binary. Either you critisise everything, or you are a sheep. Nothing in between. That only proves my previous accusations were correct and fortifies and validates my arguement.

I don't even understand the last sentence; you don't and do what?

All very nice words about only being satisfied with success, but who are you trying to kid? Just to pick your latest minor whinge from many past, how is Scott Watters playing games with his team announcement got anything to do with you being a competitive beast? If your glowing self-appraisal were true, you would be happy for the coach to use every trick in the book to get advantage, even if it was futile.

You are right, your off-hand complaint on its own is totally undeserving of all this. The straw that broke this camel's back. I don't take it personally, I am just annoyed.

I think you are a big fan of the club, that's clear. I have a theory about what a supporter is and what support is and what is good and bad critisism, but I have to go now and even if I told you, you probably wouldn't agree, so I won't waste any more time.

That is seriously the last time I will bother with this, and don't try and egg me on any more SP or anyone else.
You are doing a lot of replying to someone you are ignoring...imagine the pain for the rest of us if you weren't ignoring him..... :roll:
FFS this site has no scruples

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What a load of dribble....

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Wilkes, Saad and Terry all not playing for Sandy this afternoon so expect changes.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:What a load of dribble....

Yours or Austinnnnnnnnnns :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

When someone writes essay-long posts, and most of it is crap....or you think they waffle on and go off on a tangent, then you can call their posts 'drivel'.....every one knows what dribble is.