My turn to turn on Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: My turn to turn on Kosi

andrewg wrote:Best thing for us if he gets four weeks at MRP
:roll:

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:It's a seperate issue, but it was quite funny how many times the guys kicked to Clint when he played forward in the last, maybe Kosi should bleach his hair?
i thought that too, k! and less funny how bad the kicks were so he never had even half a chance at marking them.

PJ
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:sadly I think he must play in the ruck or go to the magoos :(

Did you see his ruck work? And i hate bagging him but it does my head in watching his lack of second efforts.
Did you see Ben's ruckwork?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
To the top
SS Life Member

P99, I would have though kicking to your champion and St Kilda's future was the only way to go?

After all, Milne is the champion your St Kilda exclusively survives on and will do so for another 10 years - after which he will no doubt coach St Kilda.

So, why didn't your champion win the ball which was kicked to him, run around the opposition, wait until there was one second on the clock and then slot the goal secure in the knowledge that that was the last kick of the game?

Mind you, last week Kosi gifted your hero his only goal of the day if I recall correctly - but perhaps it was the other way around? I might add that I would have been more impressed if Milne had checked to shepherd Koschitzke to the line instead of yelling "give it to me", but that is just me and me thinking that footy is a team game and being prepared to shepherd is indicative of a team player!

And now you are critical, calling for Koschitzke's head no less, because he kicked to your idol who, given the opportunity, could not deliver the goods!!

So sack Koschitzke!!!!

Never to play football again!!!!!!!!!!!

There has to be an irony there somewhere but I am currently struggling just a little to put it all into context!!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:5 weeks, 4 with an early plea, his season is done.
No way.

Even with all your fingers and toes crossed.

The Pies player has his arm pinned and pushes him into the contest.

1-2 perhaps.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
SainterK wrote:It's a seperate issue, but it was quite funny how many times the guys kicked to Clint when he played forward in the last, maybe Kosi should bleach his hair?
i thought that too, k! and less funny how bad the kicks were so he never had even half a chance at marking them.
Nobody seems capable of looking at this issue without drawing a line and saying are you a supporter of #23 or not.

Abysmal entry for most of the night, except from perhaps BJ, who had double figure score involvements.

People sit there on the couch getting angry when the television commentators talk about Kosi and his limited touches.

I punch the couch when I see continual crappy entry.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

SainterK wrote: I punch the couch when I see continual crappy entry.
in the effort to defend (admirable tenaciousness) Kosi, you have to pot the onballers
the other forwards have to manage...?
yeah we would all like to see lace out passes on to the chest of the forwards, but the fact is, unless the forward manages to lose his opponent with a fast break lead, runs direct line of site to the on-coming forward(who is under no pressure) and the pass is a 30-40mt stab, well it doesnt happen very often anymore
Saints are "more" a numbers round the ball side, and kosi hasnt had a fast break for awhile now.

Seeya
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:P99, I would have though kicking to your champion and St Kilda's future was the only way to go?

After all, Milne is the champion your St Kilda exclusively survives on and will do so for another 10 years - after which he will no doubt coach St Kilda.

So, why didn't your champion win the ball which was kicked to him, run around the opposition, wait until there was one second on the clock and then slot the goal secure in the knowledge that that was the last kick of the game?

Mind you, last week Kosi gifted your hero his only goal of the day if I recall correctly - but perhaps it was the other way around? I might add that I would have been more impressed if Milne had checked to shepherd Koschitzke to the line instead of yelling "give it to me", but that is just me and me thinking that footy is a team game and being prepared to shepherd is indicative of a team player!

And now you are critical, calling for Koschitzke's head no less, because he kicked to your idol who, given the opportunity, could not deliver the goods!!

So sack Koschitzke!!!!

Never to play football again!!!!!!!!!!!

There has to be an irony there somewhere but I am currently struggling just a little to put it all into context!!

Your lack of footy knowledge is staggering. Fancy even trying to compare Milney and Kosi's form this year let alone over a career. Also dont see why you are comparing them. Can you tell us how Cahill and Johnson have gone at the Saints this year?

If you expected a small forward to mark that Kosi kick then you shouldnt even be allowed to go to games. It is bad enough have one dumbed down supporter but please dont try to get other supporters down to your level.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
in the effort to defend (admirable tenaciousness) Kosi, you have to pot the onballers
yeah we would all like to see lace out passes on to the chest of the forwards, but the fact is, unless the forward manages to lose his opponent with a fast break lead, runs direct line of site to the on-coming forward(who is under no pressure) and the pass is a 30-40mt stab, well it doesnt happen very often anymore
Saints are "more" a numbers round the ball side, and kosi hasnt had a fast break for awhile now.
OK I'll try to explain myself a bit better Sun.

I'm not the only one potting the onballers today though, to be fair, the coach lamented the use of the ball and skill errors...the over possessing.

It's not just about lace out passes, it's the shallow entries that played into the Pies hands.

It's about 'who' delivers it IMO, and 'where'

For example, after halftime.

Saad deep kick inside 50, Milne goal

Dal kicks from 50, goal

Milne deep kick to Roo, goal

Milne kicks from 50, goal

Brendon kicks long, marked deep by Ben, goal

Brendon kicks long, marked deep by Kosi, goal

Lenny kicks long, marked by Milne, goal

Saad kicks from 50, goal.

Decisive action, good use of the ball, the goals were either one or the other....a deep kick putting defenders under pressure or someone taking the responsibility.

The over possession is what kills us, that is why I get frustrated,

defacto
Club Player

didnt realise kozi kicked that last ball into the 50, right under obrien.

if i was watters i'd be ready to take kozi to the farm/glue factory. what a howler

citywest

barks4eva wrote:Kossie is a total liability and a football retard

How he gets a game is mind boggling

Even if Wilkes and Stanley are not available I'd much rather play Siposs and have a slightly smaller forward line

The decision to play Kossie all year has cost a finals place

Watters is accountable for this stupidity
Well said barks. I completely agree with you. How Watters could play Kosi and leave Sipposs out is disgraceful.

farquhar
Club Player

Don't forget his three quarters in the ruck in the 2010 grand final without being changed nearly won our second only premiership. That was a lion-hearted effort for a bloke who was carrying a serious foot injury.

Time for goal-kicking practice
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It's the only answer

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Anyone else here managed to kick 20+ goals this season?
As I said before, even though he might be next to useless in the ruck, he still gives McEvoy a break and until there is someone else who can do that he stays in the side.
As far as I'm concerned if he kicks a half dozen kicks, kicks a goal or two in the process, gives McEvoy a break, he is doing his job.
Plus, if the ball is delivered into the forward line like Goddard did, and Sipposs when he's playing, to the top of the goal square which gives Kosi a good run and jump at it, I'll back him to either mark it, or force a spillage that our small forwards can run onto.
Should have had 3 goals against Dogs, but decided to give Milne a birthday present at the end.
For me the forward line should be Roo and Sipposs leading out and taking defenders with them, with Kosi staying in the goal square for the long kick in.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Image

It's the only answer
I like it :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Anyone else here managed to kick 20+ goals this season?
As I said before, even though he might be next to useless in the ruck, he still gives McEvoy a break and until there is someone else who can do that he stays in the side.
As far as I'm concerned if he kicks a half dozen kicks, kicks a goal or two in the process, gives McEvoy a break, he is doing his job.
Plus, if the ball is delivered into the forward line like Goddard did, and Sipposs when he's playing, to the top of the goal square which gives Kosi a good run and jump at it, I'll back him to either mark it, or force a spillage that our small forwards can run onto.
Should have had 3 goals against Dogs, but decided to give Milne a birthday present at the end.
For me the forward line should be Roo and Sipposs leading out and taking defenders with them, with Kosi staying in the goal square for the long kick in.

The problem though is he gives no defensive pressure at all and has no second efforts.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SainterK wrote:Image

It's the only answer
I like it :)
Worked for Clint

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Daniel wrote:Funny seeing you all have a go at Plugger. If you read his post, you realise he knows alot about the game.
Maybe he's also seeking to be Redeemed...? :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
OK I'll try to explain myself a bit better Sun.

I'm not the only one potting the onballers today though, to be fair, the coach lamented the use of the ball and skill errors...the over possessing.

It's not just about lace out passes, it's the shallow entries that played into the Pies hands.

It's about 'who' delivers it IMO, and 'where'

For example, after halftime.

Saad deep kick inside 50, Milne goal

Dal kicks from 50, goal

Milne deep kick to Roo, goal

Milne kicks from 50, goal

Brendon kicks long, marked deep by Ben, goal

Brendon kicks long, marked deep by Kosi, goal

Lenny kicks long, marked by Milne, goal

Saad kicks from 50, goal.

Decisive action, good use of the ball, the goals were either one or the other....a deep kick putting defenders under pressure or someone taking the responsibility.

The over possession is what kills us, that is why I get frustrated,
We were probably over possessing because the filth have a good defensive structure and we couldn't find a way through. Kicking long isn't always the answer and we couldn't always find a loose man as they are very disciplined at filling in the holes.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.