Rhys

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Rhys

Neither will play. They may be named however.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Neither will play. They may be named however.
Cheers Tony, any clues who might replace Roo?
And how bad is Gears?

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:So do you think that if you have a split tendon behind the knee that it would be risky to play a game 6 days after you sustained the split tendon?
What would a six day break have to do with anything? The tear isn't going to have healed in 6 days, 8 days or probably 2 weeks. What's important is what's being risked. What kind of risk is he at of aggravating the injury? If he does aggravate the injury, what kind of layoff is he going to have? Is it likely to have any impact on his career beyond this year? If it's an acceptable risk, he'll probably play, since apparently there's no pain or swelling. It's been hard to gather which tendon he's damaged and how severely, so it's tough to judge from the outside.

I'm still tipping he plays based on how casual they were about the injury and the all-too-prepared response Scotty gave when not prompted. My opinion is based on 0% science, 0% inside information and 100% gut feel, so take it for what it's worth.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:So do you think that if you have a split tendon behind the knee that it would be risky to play a game 6 days after you sustained the split tendon?
What would a six day break have to do with anything? The tear isn't going to have healed in 6 days, 8 days or probably 2 weeks. What's important is what's being risked. What kind of risk is he at of aggravating the injury? If he does aggravate the injury, what kind of layoff is he going to have? Is it likely to have any impact on his career beyond this year? If it's an acceptable risk, he'll probably play, since apparently there's no pain or swelling. It's been hard to gather which tendon he's damaged and how severely, so it's tough to judge from the outside.

I'm still tipping he plays based on how casual they were about the injury and the all-too-prepared response Scotty gave when not prompted. My opinion is based on 0% science, 0% inside information and 100% gut feel, so take it for what it's worth.

Works perfectly on here.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Works perfectly on here.
If I knew anything about anything I wouldn't be here, would I?

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

your normally pretty good Tony.......is Roo any chance before end of year? or are we playing major games u think?

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

your normally pretty good Tony.......is Roo any chance before end of year? or are we playing major games u think?

“Yeah….nah””
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

yeah, i'd be pretty surprised if riewoldt wasn't named in the side on thursday night. may as well confuse the cats as much as possible - which to be fair isn't that much, given they have to prepare for both scenarios anyway.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote:
Will play against Carlton ( if we are still in the race ). Rhys should get a run next week.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Will play against Carlton ( if we are still in the race ). Rhys should get a run next week.
Cheers Tony

“Yeah….nah””
gringo
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Image

Who is the player with the rather large melon?[/quote]

He's not making it any smaller by growing that beehive hairdo. In old pics he looks like he has a long neck and normal head but his brain must be growing and forcing his cranial structure wider. Still at least if Shents doesn't come on we can have a new cult hero with 1970s Charlies angels hair.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Ahhhhh.

A thread is not a "real" thread on this board until someone gets called a "cabbage".

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

every time i hear cabbage i chuckle

for some reason its funny
i have no idea why

anyhoo
yeah, odd ins imo
late change?

no jones? if he isnt injured then its not looking good for him maybe??
if he had the foot skills of lenny hayes then with his work ethic youd throw everything at him to make him a one club player (imo)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

So Roo is out - so the Rhys scenario might play out tonight?

Has anyone been to training this week?