Rioli and Natinui disgrace

Re: Rioli and Natinui disgrace

CURLY wrote:Dont know this is a good thing but the guys on AFL 360 both agreed with me in both regards. First that KB had said that Jetta was in the team at round 18. Second that it was ridiculous of him to say because he was quiet in those last four games he was voted out. They discussed that it was ridiculous that being injuerd and missing games worked in your favour. Dont worry about apolagising Plugger.

I wont because you probably heard that wrong just like you definately did last night on the AA awards as coonfirmed by oldmate who usually isnt my mate.

CURLY wrote:Dont know this is a good thing but the guys on AFL 360 both agreed with me in both regards. First that KB had said that Jetta was in the team at round 18. Second that it was ridiculous of him to say because he was quiet in those last four games he was voted out. They discussed that it was ridiculous that being injuerd and missing games worked in your favour. Dont worry about apolagising Plugger.

I wont because you probably heard that wrong just like you definately did last night on the AA awards as coonfirmed by oldmate who usually isnt my mate.
Unfortunately for you and Oldmate AFL360 just backed up exactly what I said. Even had the footage of KB saying it last night.

CURLY wrote:

Unfortunately for you and Oldmate AFL360 just backed up exactly what I said. Even had the footage of KB saying it last night.
You are delusional Curly. How many times can you watch it and still get it wrong. KB never, ever, states he was in the side. All he says is that his name was discussed at round 18, like I'm sure 40 odd were. He said his last 4 games would have worked against him. I suggest you watch it yet again.

Are you taking the piss. What did Robbo and Gerard say immediately after watching it.

CURLY wrote:Are you taking the piss. What did Robbo and Gerard say immediately after watching it.

What they said has nothing to do with what KB actually said.

CURLY wrote:Are you taking the piss. What did Robbo and Gerard say immediately after watching it.
No I'm not, and I am not talking about what Gerard or Robbo said. I'm talking about what you say KB said. You, Gerard and Robbo may have come to the conclusion that Jetta was in the team at round 18, but KB never says he was.

"First that KB had said that Jetta was in the team at round 18" - This is your statement. I'm saying it wasn't said.

Watch it again.

You didnt see it so know nothing about it. In view of this as per your normal way feel free to take pot shots as you always do.

8856brother wrote:
No I'm not, and I am not talking about what Gerard or Robbo said. I'm talking about what you say KB said. You, Gerard and Robbo may have come to the conclusion that Jetta was in the team at round 18, but KB never says he was.

"First that KB had said that Jetta was in the team at round 18" - This is your statement. I'm saying it wasn't said.

Watch it again.
Everything KB said meant exactly what Robbo Gerard and I said. What more do you want him to say. He was in at round 18 FFS.

CURLY wrote:
8856brother wrote:

Watch it again.
Everything KB said meant exactly what Robbo Gerard and I said. What more do you want him to say. He was in at round 18 FFS.
Thankyou.

By the way I agree with your Assumption. :wink:

CURLY wrote:

You didnt see it so know nothing about it. In view of this as per your normal way feel free to take pot shots as you always do.

I heard what KB said. You just dont get it. You stated something that isnt true. What the others say doesnt back up what KB said. KB never once mentioned Jetta was in the side in round 18. Not once. That is what you said he said./ You are wrong.

No you didnt your telling lies again. I know blokes like you the ones that sit at Footy Clubs bagging the way everythings done and nothings right unless you do it.

CURLY wrote:

No you didnt your telling lies again. I know blokes like you the ones that sit at Footy Clubs bagging the way everythings done and nothings right unless you do it.
Very simple question. Did he say Jetta was in the side, at any stage, or didn't he.?

CURLY wrote:

Arent you allowed to read what you write. What lie did I tell? The only person who has lied is you. I heard KB on the AA night and on SEN and I said that.

P66 polices incompetent posting guys, remember!!

He actually says that, I know, can you believe the height of that horse....

And KB doesn't embarrass himself, not at all.....never

BigMart wrote:P66 polices incompetent posting guys, remember!!

He actually says that, I know, can you believe the height of that horse....

And KB doesn't embarrass himself, not at all.....never

What is this post. Trying to get people onside. Very weird. I dont get what KB embarrassing himself has to do with what he actually said. Did you even hear it?

Can you justify Rioli's selection??

They are marketable players due to their highlight reel, not consistent in there performances...... on actual output, both are behind about 20....

Not that difficult to explain, and requires little courage to do so?!

PS: I'm surprised you wouldn't include Jackary??? At least he was better than occasionally brilliant, generally serviceable and sometimes stone cold....

BigMart wrote:Can you justify Rioli's selection??

They are marketable players due to their highlight reel, not consistent in there performances...... on actual output, both are behind about 20....

Not that difficult to explain, and requires little courage to do so?!

PS: I'm surprised you wouldn't include Jackary??? At least he was better than occasionally brilliant, generally serviceable and sometimes stone cold....

No he wasnt. Yep the people who pick the AA do it for marketing. Makes as much sense as people think the umpires cheat against us. So i am sure you will get a few agreeing with you. I thought Rioli was 50/50 and wouldnt have had Nic Nat. i also wouldnt have Delidio and maybe Pendles. Big deal though. I have a feeling most people didnt have the same AA team. That is why it is a vote.

It was widely condemned as a woeful team..... Rightfully so....

I honestly think people picked their favourites and a lot of popularity went into selections.... Hang on, that's how some people vote on SS!

Delidio was surely a lock, Pendlebury's average games are better than most peoples best

I don't see what's so controversial. He wasn't selected as a clearance player. Forwards are always going to have lower numbers in terms of possession. Almost all the guys you listed on page one are onballers who get possession by virtue of standing at the ruckman's feet. Rioli makes the toughest kicks driving the ball inside fifty with precision and is one of the best defensive forwards in the game. He owns one of the lowest turnover rates of a forward of centre player despite having a >50% contested ball rate and a ~3:1 k/h ratio. He is among the leading goal assists players in footy. He wasn't among the top goalkickers, but he was pretty handy in that area. He may just be the most complete small forward in the game. I would have had him as one of my six forwards alongside Betts, Cox, Franklin, Pavlich and Milne.

I also would have had Nat in ahead of Jacobs or Maric. Jacobs or Maric are 80% rucks where Nat is a split ruck with Cox. He has great hitout numbers considering and contributes on the ground and the scoreboard. No ruck was anywhere close in terms of contested possession. He's an outstanding ruckman aside from his extensive highlight reel. A long way from a 'disgraceful' selection.

BigMart wrote:It was widely condemned as a woeful team..... Rightfully so....

I honestly think people picked their favourites and a lot of popularity went into selections.... Hang on, that's how some people vote on SS!

Delidio was surely a lock, Pendlebury's average games are better than most peoples best

See there you go you have a different opinion to me. Does that make either of us wrong. As for voting on SS, you made a comment on the winners being peoples favourites and when shown the winners have done well in the B&F there was no response. Typical MO. Anyway I would love you to tell us how the AA should be picked if they dont use a voting system. Look forward to your answer.

I don't see what's so controversial. He wasn't selected as a clearance player. Forwards are always going to have lower numbers in terms of possession. Almost all the guys you listed on page one are onballers who get possession by virtue of standing at the ruckman's feet. Rioli makes the toughest kicks driving the ball inside fifty with precision and is one of the best defensive forwards in the game. He owns one of the lowest turnover rates of a forward of centre player despite having a >50% contested ball rate and a ~3:1 k/h ratio. He is among the leading goal assists players in footy. He wasn't among the top goalkickers, but he was pretty handy in that area. He may just be the most complete small forward in the game. I would have had him as one of my six forwards alongside Betts, Cox, Franklin, Pavlich and Milne.

I also would have had Nat in ahead of Jacobs or Maric. Jacobs or Maric are 80% rucks where Nat is a split ruck with Cox. He has great hitout numbers considering and contributes on the ground and the scoreboard. No ruck was anywhere close in terms of contested possession. He's an outstanding ruckman aside from his extensive highlight reel. A long way from a 'disgraceful' selection.

Exactly right.

Ppl who are condeming the team as the worst ever are generally clueless. It's all opinion! How can you label Rioli as inconsistent and not say the same about Milne? The fwd pocket is the most difficult position to play, hence all players will be inconsistent when playing that spot. Heck, there are threads on this forum calling for Milne's head at the start of the year - now being re-posted as irony. I can easily mount an argument for both players. Rioli suffers from tall poppy syndrome I reckon - the commentators love him therefore the rest of us are determined to sneer at him. It's almost as if he's too brilliant. 'Why can't he do that all game?' we sneer at him. 'He's not that good' The fwd pocket isn't purely about most goals kicked.

I also would pick Nic Nat ahead of any other ruckman this year. Cox and Nic Nat are clearly the best two rucks in the comp. Jacobs embarassed himself in the ruck against Sandilands on the weekend. Nic Nat jumps high and palms the ball beautifully.

Just because the noisy minority are up in arms about the team doesn't make it a poor team - in actual fact one of the more controversial selections was DEMPSTER.

Exactly right.

Ppl who are condeming the team as the worst ever are generally clueless. It's all opinion! How can you label Rioli as inconsistent and not say the same about Milne? The fwd pocket is the most difficult position to play, hence all players will be inconsistent when playing that spot. Heck, there are threads on this forum calling for Milne's head at the start of the year - now being re-posted as irony. I can easily mount an argument for both players. Rioli suffers from tall poppy syndrome I reckon - the commentators love him therefore the rest of us are determined to sneer at him. It's almost as if he's too brilliant. 'Why can't he do that all game?' we sneer at him. 'He's not that good' The fwd pocket isn't purely about most goals kicked.

I also would pick Nic Nat ahead of any other ruckman this year. Cox and Nic Nat are clearly the best two rucks in the comp. Jacobs embarassed himself in the ruck against Sandilands on the weekend. Nic Nat jumps high and palms the ball beautifully.

Just because the noisy minority are up in arms about the team doesn't make it a poor team - in actual fact one of the more controversial selections was DEMPSTER.

Cant stand your common sense and unbiased posting.

Found someone who agrees with you what are the odds.

Actually if you count vacuous space - there's two of us that agree with him :P

CURLY wrote:Found someone who agrees with you what are the odds.

Havent found anyone who agreed with you about what KB said. Nothing unusual with that.