3 year offer for Mitch Brown

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: 3 year offer for Mitch Brown

I think it's a win win. They get a young first round running player and we get an injury prone KPP that if he can get his body right might be brilliant. I'm not sure if they have lost out or us yet in that deal but there is enough to like for both parties. I rate Cripper highly and he will be a gun. But getting a key backman is just too tempting a proposition. I like him as a KP more than Frawley who doesn't quite seem to fit that monster killer backman he's just a few cm short. Hopefully the softer turf in wet melbourne will keep his body from breaking down:)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:What are the dates ofthe hamstring injuries?
Not sure...

Just quoting the articles floating around today.

Were when he tried to return from the ACL...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Glass won't be around forever...
WCE already have several other options which is why Brown is expendable.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
dragit
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I like him as a KP more than Frawley
You mean the AA guy?

SaintTom
Club Player

gringo wrote:I think it's a win win. They get a young first round running player and we get an injury prone KPP that if he can get his body right might be brilliant. I'm not sure if they have lost out or us yet in that deal but there is enough to like for both parties. I rate Cripper highly and he will be a gun. But getting a key backman is just too tempting a proposition. I like him as a KP more than Frawley who doesn't quite seem to fit that monster killer backman he's just a few cm short. Hopefully the softer turf in wet melbourne will keep his body from breaking down:)
Hooray for Colonial Stadium!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
You mean the AA guy?

I don't care if he's all australian if he doesn't suit our set up. You can have 22 midfield AAs but won't win every game. We need a tall backman to take the gorillas. Frawley can play but for us I think if he could turn into that tall FB it would be better structurally. I might be wrong but frawley seems a bit shorter like 190 not 195cm -could be my perception.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
dragit wrote:
You mean the AA guy?

I don't care if he's all australian if he doesn't suit our set up. You can have 22 midfield AAs but won't win every game. We need a tall backman to take the gorillas. Frawley can play but for us I think if he could turn into that tall FB it would be better structurally. I might be wrong but frawley seems a bit shorter like 190 not 195cm -could be my perception.
There's 2 cm between them… one is a proven bona fide AA gun, the other can't get a game as the third tall. Unfortunately we are no chance to get Frawley.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
dragit wrote:
You mean the AA guy?

Yeah... Nah.

Frawley is light years ahead.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Not saying he's not better just saying he doesn't seem as tall. I could be wrong just my impression of him. If we can get Brown for a swap with Cripps he doesn't cost much. Frawley will need a pretty tempting carrot dangled- I don't want to give up another first rounder in the trades unless it's for Caddy who is very likely to be a match winner for 10 years. FBs are hard to get but hate to pay for them with a first rounder.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Even I'm off the Frawley idea. I really cant see it happening especially with the Brown interest. Was always a long shot

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!