Has anyone ever picked up at a Footy match?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shmic_s
Club Player

Re: Has anyone ever picked up at a Footy match?

Last edited by shmic_s on Thu 18 Oct 2012 10:58am, edited 3 times in total.

Superboot
SS Life Member

I would have picked up a few colds in my time at Moorabbin. Standing in the rain behind the South Road goal was certainly a risk to one's health.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I reckon I've been to over 1000 AFL games (at least) and it has never crossed my mind.

However I was with my pies supporting wife at the 2003 GF (many have paid me the back handed compliment that I bat way above my average :D ) . I was flabbargasted when I returned from the bar to find my wife talking with two men I'd never seen before. I thought they must be friends of hers and stood near by until she introduced me. As soon as I was introduced they politiely excused themselves and left. My wife claimed that one of them appraoched her and said, 'Wow, you're a cute little magpie.' She couldn't get rid of them until I got back from the bar, even though she had told them she was married and her hubby was at the bar.

I guess some blokes always think there's an opportunity...... :roll:

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

YES, I met my hubbie at the footy in Moorabbin days. AND, we had our reception in the Gold Pass Room. Barry Breen's golden boots are in the back of some of our wedding photos :)

Qld Saints Supporter Group
St_Nicholas

Spinner wrote:
saintsrus wrote:1997 Grand final, went by myself Afl members, a hot girl sat next to me, we talked for a while, and i asked her if she was going to Moorabbin if we won, she said she would like to but didnt have anyone to go with. Bingo
Well dont need to tell you the end...................

So you never got to see her because we didnt win?

Double f***.
No, just one... :roll:

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I took this lovely girl to that Essendon game at Waverley where the power failed.

I do my best work with the lights off.

It was actually a good night.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
MrCordz
Club Player

Classic Thread - I picked up at the St. Kilda Melbourne final in 2006. Complete stranger approached me at half time put her hand on my shoulder and said "I am so drunk" - I thought "Hmm might be a show here". She was older than me, kind of cute and followed up with " you know I only root younger guys"
2 minutes later - sex in the disabled toilets at the G. Never really thought much of it till now but I guess a good effort at the time.

Humbly St. Kilda
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

MrCordz wrote:Classic Thread - I picked up at the St. Kilda Melbourne final in 2006. Complete stranger approached me at half time put her hand on my shoulder and said "I am so drunk" - I thought "Hmm might be a show here". She was older than me, kind of cute and followed up with " you know I only root younger guys"
2 minutes later - sex in the disabled toilets at the G. Never really thought much of it till now but I guess a good effort at the time.
That's like winning Lotto.... less balls of course ...

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:No but I've tried over the years (not now) and failed. Most girls I have gone out with haven't been into footy. My wife is a professional classical musician and apart from wanting me to be happy has no interest. She used to come to some games with me but not now. My GF before that wasn't interested either and never came at all. In fact she was very snobby about it and hated footy. I think she hated me too.

I wouldnt take it personally. My wife hated me for 17 years.
My wife has only hated you for 2 years :wink: :D

gold mate...i read your post and started laughing...the girls in the office are giving me funny looks.... :oops: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
MrCordz
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
MrCordz wrote:Classic Thread - I picked up at the St. Kilda Melbourne final in 2006. Complete stranger approached me at half time put her hand on my shoulder and said "I am so drunk" - I thought "Hmm might be a show here". She was older than me, kind of cute and followed up with " you know I only root younger guys"
Yes - absolute random event that I've been hoping would happen again ever since - I tend to look twice at druck women at the footy these days.

Humbly St. Kilda
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Lucky man Cordz... in more ways than one... she was undoubtedly a lady with a long-time appetite... and the charms to sate it... statistically speaking, who knows what else she could have brought to that exchange...? You clearly fared well... :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

MrCordz wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Yes - absolute random event that I've been hoping would happen again ever since - I tend to look twice at druck women at the footy these days.
Been tested?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:YES, I met my hubbie at the footy in Moorabbin days. AND, we had our reception in the Gold Pass Room. Barry Breen's golden boots are in the back of some of our wedding photos :)
Can you please get your hubby to post the details of the first encounter.

No offence, but this seems to be kind of a blokey thread!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Scoop
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:YES, I met my hubbie at the footy in Moorabbin days. AND, we had our reception in the Gold Pass Room. Barry Breen's golden boots are in the back of some of our wedding photos :)
....I also met your hubby at the footy at Moorabbin....obviously you had more to offer than me.... :D :wink:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Batnoe
Club Player

Scoop wrote:
....I also met your hubby at the footy at Moorabbin....obviously you had more to offer than me.... :D :wink:

I too met st muz at the footy... To this day I know it was meant to be

Carn Saints
noob
Club Player

At least you were still going strong after half time!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

MrCordz wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Probably considered rape by law.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

You did well, managing with the wheelchair and all... :lol:

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Yeah amazing the people you can meet at the games - Yes i have picked up at the football something id rather forget.....

Chubby chequer
Club Player

sainta wrote:I'm a Saints supporting lady in my late 20s and I've yet to pick up or be picked up at a game. I would say that is mainly because we are all watching the field and not the stands.

I must admit, on the train ride to and from the game there has been some Sainter eye candy though!
Or it might come down to how u look in the red,white and black :wink:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:
Gold!

“Yeah….nah””
Chubby chequer
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
stevie wrote:
Gold!
:mrgreen: I love chicks in wheel chairs

Saintly spirit
Club Player

[quote="Chubby chequer"][quote="Teflon"][quote="stevie"][quote="MrCordz"]Classic Thread - I picked up at the St. Kilda Melbourne final in 2006. Complete stranger approached me at half time put her hand on my shoulder and said "I am so drunk" - I thought "Hmm might be a show here". She was older than me, kind of cute and followed up with " you know I only root younger guys"
It was Alan Jones in a wig! 8-)

MrCordz
Club Player

stevie wrote:

All I can say is she was weeally good.

Humbly St. Kilda
MrCordz
Club Player

That's like winning Lotto.... less balls of course ...[/quote]
Yes - absolute random event that I've been hoping would happen again ever since - I tend to look twice at druck women at the footy these days.[/quote]
Probably considered rape by law.[/quote]
By whom?

Humbly St. Kilda