Cripps and P.26 for Brown?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cripps and P.26 for Brown?

Crisps may not have considered a trade to Freo but he should start IMO

Seriously, we give the guy 35, we work through the diabetes issues, develop him and he wants to screw us?

WC behind it... and first to Whinge cause we dare mention Brown?

Pricks

“Yeah….nah””
vacuous space
SS Life Member

The previous guy who had 35 coached Cripps for a year and then walked out on the club. I'm just saying.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Kick-it-lace-out
Club Player

Let Cripps try his luck in the draft. Don't offer any more than a 3rd round for Brown because as a previous poster said, he's number 4 at the Eagles for a reason. If that falls through get Gilham as a stop gap for 2013 and then get Brown for nothing at the end of next season.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

I hope we make him go into the draft and he gets picked up by Gold Coast or Port. Wants to go home but hasn't considerd Freo. I mean fair Dinkum. We are getting stooged yet again. Pi$$ off Cripps. What hope have we got of getting realistic compensation. Go away you sook.

8856brother wrote:I hope we make him go into the draft and he gets picked up by Gold Coast or Port. Wants to go home but hasn't considerd Freo. I mean fair Dinkum. We are getting stooged yet again. Pi$$ off Cripps. What hope have we got of getting realistic compensation. Go away you sook.

Havent Hickey and Brown only said they wanted to come to our club. Thats different though. Brown still even has a contract and said he wants to go to us.

sax
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
8856brother wrote:I hope we make him go into the draft and he gets picked up by Gold Coast or Port. Wants to go home but hasn't considerd Freo. I mean fair Dinkum. We are getting stooged yet again. Pi$$ off Cripps. What hope have we got of getting realistic compensation. Go away you sook.

Havent Hickey and Brown only said they wanted to come to our club. Thats different though. Brown still even has a contract and said he wants to go to us.
Exactly Plugger!

Brown still has a contract so he's not gonna "STITCH UP" his former club.

As for Hickey, he was out of contract, but his club was willing to help him get to the club of his choice, but he probably would've gone elsewhere if the deal was right for Gold Coast!

Cripps, on the other hand, is holding his current club to ransom. He wants to go to WA, but will only go to West Coast, or go in the draft!

And anyway, the Saints haven't refused to trade him to West Coast, they just want Mitch Brown as part of the deal! Fair enough I think!

So yes Plugger, it IS different though!

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Exactly Plugger!

Brown still has a contract so he's not gonna "STITCH UP" his former club.

As for Hickey, he was out of contract, but his club was willing to help him get to the club of his choice, but he probably would've gone elsewhere if the deal was right for Gold Coast!

Cripps, on the other hand, is holding his current club to ransom. He wants to go to WA, but will only go to West Coast, or go in the draft!

So yes Plugger, it IS different though!

Hickey probably would have gone elsewhere. How do you know this? He wanted to go to us from reports. Cripps wants to go to WCE from reports. Maybe he would go to Freo. Has anyone spoken to him to ask him that? Brown cant stich up WCE but has told them he wants to leave. He has only told them us from reports.

savatage
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:Crisps may not have considered a trade to Freo but he should start IMO

Seriously, we give the guy 35, we work through the diabetes issues, develop him and he wants to screw us?

WC behind it... and first to Whinge cause we dare mention Brown?

Pricks
Don't forget the compartment syndrome issue at the end of last year too. He's kept our medical team extremely busy. Funny though because his mum was quoted as saying he was a mummy's boy in an interview last mother's day.

sax
Club Player

According to afl.com.au, Cripps' manager said he hasn't even considered Freo.

According to reports, the Pies offered pick 20 for Hickey, but Gold Coast gave the Saints right of reply. So how do you know he wouldn't have gone to Collingwood, Plugger? But you would've got the info from the same place you got the Sylvia rumour from, I assume!

As for Brown, say no more, he can't leave unless a deal's done!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:According to afl.com.au, Cripps' manager said he hasn't even considered Freo.

According to reports, the Pies offered pick 20 for Hickey, but Gold Coast gave the Saints right of reply. So how do you know he wouldn't have gone to Collingwood, Plugger? But you would've got the info from the same place you got the Sylvia rumour from, I assume!

As for Brown, say no more, he can't leave unless a deal's done!

I dont know he wouldnt have gone elsewhere but i only heard the saints for both players just like I have only heard WCE for Cripps.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

We gave Cripps 35 FFS. If he doesn't want to represent our great club he can ###@ off as far as I'm concerned.

SS Life Member

The other thing is, if we want to play hard ball & take the risk of Cripps walking into the draft - it might not make a huge difference to our bottom line.

What I mean is- if the club only wanted to draft 4 fresh players in the draft - we have currently got picks 25, 26, 46 & 47. We can elevate rookies with a pick in the 100's if we wanted, so that won't matter to us.

If it's apparent that the Brown deal isn't going ahead & West Coast is offering us pick 44 as compensation for Cripps at best, then we would go to 25, 26, 44 & 46. Not exactly making things all that better for us in reality from what we had. West Coast would then have to use their pick 41 or 44 in the draft to select Cripps but Fremantle has pick 40. I'm not sure Ross Lyon would let Cripps slip at pick 40. Would be too tempting for them to pass up surely.

We may, at worst, force West Coast to give us pick 41 or this may make them more keen to relent on their demands for Brown & hopefully make it a fairer deal for us.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens by 2pm Friday either way.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i say let him walk and then redraft him... screw them n him

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:i say let him walk and then redraft him... screw them n him
I say stupid idea.

savatage
SS Life Member

That would be completely pointless. Having a disgruntled player on your list whilst you could've drafted, hopefully, a decent fresh player to your club that wants to be there.

sax
Club Player

That's a waste of a pick!

If he doesn't want to be at the Saints, Eff off & give his spot to someone who does!

savatage
SS Life Member

sax wrote:
That's a waste of a pick!

If he doesn't want to be at the Saints, Eff off & give his spot to someone who does!
Absolutely.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:The other thing is, if we want to play hard ball & take the risk of Cripps walking into the draft - it might not make a huge difference to our bottom line.

What I mean is- if the club only wanted to draft 4 fresh players in the draft - we have currently got picks 25, 26, 46 & 47. We can elevate rookies with a pick in the 100's if we wanted, so that won't matter to us.

If it's apparent that the Brown deal isn't going ahead & West Coast is offering us pick 44 as compensation for Cripps at best, then we would go to 25, 26, 44 & 46. Not exactly making things all that better for us in reality from what we had. West Coast would then have to use their pick 41 or 44 in the draft to select Cripps but Fremantle has pick 40. I'm not sure Ross Lyon would let Cripps slip at pick 40. Would be too tempting for them to pass up surely.

We may, at worst, force West Coast to give us pick 41 or this may make them more keen to relent on their demands for Brown & hopefully make it a fairer deal for us.

Really good post.

The big IF is the intent to only draft 4 players but if true the net difference between 44 and 46 this late in the draft (even WC best at 41 is arguably not major) aint much really and if thats all we possibly lose........Id let Cripps take a chance that Freo wont take him at 40 and that they wont try and convince him he'll go ok there.

Lyon/Freo would have to know.........pick 40 for a developed player who was a first rd pick is very hard to pass up.

Dangle that in front of WC - late in the game (so they dont have time to sure Freo up) and see how it fits.

“Yeah….nah””
savatage
SS Life Member

Exactly, I mean even if we did intend to draft more than 4, why would we tell WC that? Let the games begin!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The kid wants to go home, I understand that. He has medical problems he didn't know about when he came to us, so I'm happy for him to go home. Obviously he doesn't like Ross, and who could blame him?
A deal will be done and everybody will be happy, apart from a bunch of wankers (or is that wackers) on this site.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:The kid wants to go home, I understand that. He has medical problems he didn't know about when he came to us, so I'm happy for him to go home. Obviously he doesn't like Ross, and who could blame him?
A deal will be done and everybody will be happy, apart from a bunch of wankers (or is that wackers) on this site.
This site is irrelevant to real life..wankers or not

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:The kid wants to go home, I understand that. He has medical problems he didn't know about when he came to us, so I'm happy for him to go home. Obviously he doesn't like Ross, and who could blame him?
Poor kid...

Ferk him if he's prepared to screw over the club that did all it could to give him his chance.

Fair enough u want to go home - there's 2 sides at home and if hes any good he'd break into Freos side.

“Yeah….nah””
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I reckon we will end up with Brown. See it happen late Friday.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
PJ
SS Life Member

TBH I'm over all the Brown crap (pardon the pun) don't give WC anything - time to move on. Are there any potential fullbacks in the draft?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

savatage wrote:The other thing is, if we want to play hard ball & take the risk of Cripps walking into the draft - it might not make a huge difference to our bottom line.

Hi Savatage, that sort of mean, vindictive thinking is what I more associate with the likes of the True Believer. Should it come to happen... oh, the exquisite irony...

I reckon I could warm to that... :twisted:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: