Sam Fisher off field issues?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Buckets
SS Life Member

Re: Sam Fisher off field issues?

But the OP for the bigfooty thread just asked if anyone knew specifics lol

If he has done wrong he will cop the consequences and I'm happy with that but the article tells us nothing!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:But the OP for the bigfooty thread just asked if anyone knew specifics lol

If he has done wrong he will cop the consequences and I'm happy with that but the article tells us nothing!
Thread is called "St Kilda's Heart of Darkness" ffs. It's an open invitation for people to bag us. First word in the thread by the way is "culture".

SS Life Member

8856brother wrote:
Buckets wrote:But the OP for the bigfooty thread just asked if anyone knew specifics lol

Thread is called "St Kilda's Heart of Darkness" ffs. It's an open invitation for people to bag us. First word in the thread by the way is "culture".
Yes because the team Lance follows has not had any issues over the past 5 years....Hurley V Taxi driver....Lovett and his missus....

Thrillo actually made the best point. Unless someone knows enough to enlighten us with this 'bad' behaviour the STFU.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:

I dont go to BF but there are probably threads bagging every club. We notice ours more because we are only interested in our club.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
8856brother wrote:

I dont go to BF but there are probably threads bagging every club. We notice ours more because we are only interested in our club.
Or there is just more of them about us. :D

Usually where there is smoke, there is fire. Cant comment whether its true or not as she doesnt say what the problem is. Hopefully is minor and St Kilda can get it sorted quickly. But it must be difficult for Sam losing both his good mates. Grammy was never the same after that Lovett incident happened at his place and Sam was part of that.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:Usually where there is smoke, there is fire. Cant comment whether its true or not as she doesnt say what the problem is. Hopefully is minor and St Kilda can get it sorted quickly. But it must be difficult for Sam losing both his good mates. Grammy was never the same after that Lovett incident happened at his place and Sam was part of that.

Who is his second mate? I understand Grammy but I have no idea of the other. Pretty sure that would have nothing to do with this though.

Richter
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
St Lenny wrote:Usually where there is smoke, there is fire. Cant comment whether its true or not as she doesnt say what the problem is. Hopefully is minor and St Kilda can get it sorted quickly. But it must be difficult for Sam losing both his good mates. Grammy was never the same after that Lovett incident happened at his place and Sam was part of that.

Who is his second mate? I understand Grammy but I have no idea of the other. Pretty sure that would have nothing to do with this though.
Goddard, golfing buddy, presumably?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Goddard, golfing buddy, presumably?

Not sure they were really great mates. Anyway I would think both of them going has little to do with what may have happened. He still lives with Grammy anyway so he is still mates.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I reckon people underestimate reporters. She would have 100 times more knowledge than any of us on here. I will back the story to be 100% true. Lets face it if it was about another club we wouldnt be questioning the reporter. We would be questioning the player.
I know she will have stuff, she has to report it or she shouldn't write anything.
Reporting what she has is weak.

Evgen if it is completely true?
Print what he's done or there is no story.
What she has written so far is drivel.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

"Yet Fisher's place in the leadership group is under threat and should be if half the stories about his behaviour are true."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z2D6XZnlFW

So basically reporting rumour.

Can someone please elaborate on what these stories are?

Rosco
Club Player

He plays for st kilda. That's offensive enough for most.

Austinnn
Club Player

At her best, Wilson is a top investigative journalist, but at her worst she is a muckraker and a gossip. Her "AFL needs to help men in trouble" article is astounding. She complains that none of the clubs are taking a chance on footy players with questionable off-field issues, but she is - more than almost anyone - directly responsible for those players being seen as too risky by clubs. I understand that she's a bit worried all her "troubled footballer" stories will dry up, but to blame the clubs for covering their arses is like a fox saying that the farmyard fence is destroying the lives of chickens.

I agree that if we just go with safe players, we'll lose a bit of our soul, but clubs face more scrutiny than ever, and players can't even go out any more without incriminating stories being written in the paper, so maybe we should wind it back a bit and lower our expectations of these guys off-field.
Last edited by Austinnn on Sat 24 Nov 2012 2:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I have been subjected to the unfortunate situation in which I share mutual friends with Wilson. At the risk of attacking the woman, rather than what she writes, may I just say she is one of the most thoroughly unpleasant people I've ever met. She is contrary, rude, aloof and comes across as embittered. As for her writing, let's just say she reports gossip, rather than making any insightful observations. If she wasn't Ian wilson's little girl, I doubt we'd ever heard of her.

Just one last bit of advice for her. If you're going to set yourself up as a paragon of virtue, don't race into your office and boast about just having "bagged" Seve Ballesteros. That's no rumour, caro, that's a fact and one your colleagues have been dining out on behind your back for years. My "thourthes" on this are impeccable, unlike yours.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
paddy
Club Player

Austinnn wrote:At her best, Wilson is a top investigative journalist, but at her worst she is a muckraker and a gossip. Her "AFL needs to help men in trouble" article is astounding. She complains that none of the clubs are taking a chance on footy players with questionable off-field issues, but she is - more than almost anyone - directly responsible for those players being seen as too risky by clubs. I understand that she's a bit worried all her "troubled footballer" stories will dry up, but to blame the clubs for covering their arses is like a fox saying that the farmyard fence is destroying the lives of chickens.

I agree that if we just go with safe players, we'll lose a bit of our soul, but clubs face more scrutiny than ever, and players can't even go out any more without incriminating stories being written in the paper, so maybe we should wind it back a bit and lower our expectations of these guys off-field.
Well said!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

What the hell is a Seve Ballersteros?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:What the hell is a Seve Ballersteros?
Possibly the most famous golfer in Spanish history!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If if it were up to me the leadership group would be :

roo
nds
dempster
len-dog
armo
simpkin

Megsie
Club Player

Caroline wilson says "if these rumours are true" You mean you dont know
for sure? BTW caro if they are true (whatever they may be) how come the
biggest rag with all the negative stories on the saints has no interest in
writing such crap about sammy. Oh yes & the club has denied all of her rumours
stick to finding crap about your perfect little angels at tigerland.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:I agree that if we just go with safe players, we'll lose a bit of our soul, but clubs face more scrutiny than ever, and players can't even go out any more without incriminating stories being written in the paper, so maybe we should wind it back a bit and lower our expectations of these guys off-field.
Agreed. Without any information on this story, I have no doubt that there's evidence behind it because I was 30 once and was still regularly getting pretty messy on Saturday nights in a variety of different ways. I don't see why footballers should be any different. If it doesn't affect their performance then who gives a fat rat's clacker if they have a few lines on the weekend?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I have been subjected to the unfortunate situation in which I share mutual friends with Wilson. At the risk of attacking the woman, rather than what she writes, may I just say she is one of the most thoroughly unpleasant people I've ever met. She is contrary, rude, aloof and comes across as embittered. As for her writing, let's just say she reports gossip, rather than making any insightful observations. If she wasn't Ian wilson's little girl, I doubt we'd ever heard of her.

Just one last bit of advice for her. If you're going to set yourself up as a paragon of virtue, don't race into your office and boast about just having "bagged" Seve Ballesteros. That's no rumour, caro, that's a fact and one your colleagues have been dining out on behind your back for years. My "thourthes" on this are impeccable, unlike yours.
That is hilarious.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I reckon people underestimate reporters. She would have 100 times more knowledge than any of us on here. I will back the story to be 100% true. Lets face it if it was about another club we wouldnt be questioning the reporter. We would be questioning the player.
Nice one. Some Grade A comedy there, Pluggs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I reckon people underestimate reporters. She would have 100 times more knowledge than any of us on here. I will back the story to be 100% true. Lets face it if it was about another club we wouldnt be questioning the reporter. We would be questioning the player.
Nice one. Some Grade A comedy there, Pluggs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ive never found the truth to be that funny. Each to our own on humour though. You probably didnt like Flying High.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Ive never found the truth to be that funny. Each to our own on humour though. You probably didnt like Flying High.
Flying High (aka Airplane) was champagne comedy. Would have been better if Caro had of written the screenplay.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Nice one. Some Grade A comedy there, Pluggs. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ive never found the truth to be that funny. Each to our own on humour though. You probably didnt like Flying High.
Harsh there Pluggs.

Sainternist is a very knowledgeble poster, but that may(?) not extend to speaking/understanding jive, which of course is a requirement to fully appreciate Flying High... well either jive, or Doc Spaceman's red pills, or being Ben Cousins...
First Jive Dude: Shiiiiit, maaaaan. That honky muf' be messin' mah old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head, you know?
Second Jive Dude: Hey home', I can dig it. Know ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you, man!
First Jive Dude: I say hey, sky... subba say I wan' see...
Second Jive Dude: Uh-huh.
First Jive Dude: ...pray to J I did the same ol' same ol'!
Second Jive Dude: Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man!
First Jive Dude: Hey, you know what they say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em...
First Jive Dude, Second Jive Dude: ...leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!
First Jive Dude: COL' got to be! Y'know? Shiiiiit.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: