The Window Has Closed

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rexy
SS Life Member

Re: The Window Has Closed

Teflon wrote:
lewdogs wrote:I find this thread to be utter tripe.

There were good signs from our youngsters on Friday night. Yet Saintsational is full of doom and gloom. Boo hoo our window is closed we're such a s*** club etc. Grow a pair and show some faith.
Great post !

I loved that new kid in his 6th years effort - B McEvoy.....is he still a kid?
What about the big blonde kid who kicked 4 with a dodgy knee to keep us in it???.......just wait till he grows into his skin....

And thank god for young Blakey down back!!!

Spare us the mayo...
I thought Newnes fought back after a poor start, Roberton was solid although often loose, Terry and Ahmed competed well but struggled with composure! They are good signs! Not completed rounded performances, but signs!

Maybe this year?
lewdogs
Club Player

Also good signs from Steven, Stanley and Milera. McEvoy is a young ruckman so good signs from him too.

Did you really think Blake was our best defender Teflon?

loris
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:You generally only watch through windows, they are tricky and can be time consuming to get through!
Doors are for going through and can be opened quickly!
rexy there was a wonderful recording many years ago by Arthur Lowe (of Dad's Army fame) called 'Windows and Doorways' (I often played it for final year tertiary students prior to their graduation.) The wording of the song echo's your sentiments. Can't recall all of the words exactly these days, but goes something along these lines:

There is nothing so easy as looking through windows,
There is nothing so hard as to walk through a door,
All through your life there are windows and doorways
Always the choice is the same:
Do you stand at the window, watching and waiting, or walk through the door so you're still in the game.........................................

ooooooooophs (having a senior's moment) sorry I've forgotten the rest, goes on for abour 4 verses............ real stirring stuff, I'm sure I've got it written out somewhere in my library. I know I had a tape recording of it................. yes that long ago - a tape!!!!

I know this was the 'B' side of the vinyl record of Arthur Lowe's hit 'Makin Whoopee'. Possibly was recorded as long ago as the Saints 1966 Flag! Then we looked through, saw a window of opportunity and sneaked through the door by 1 point :P

ace
Saintsational Legend

Oh great! I return from overseas after just two games into the season and all hope for the year has already gone.

The window is not only closed but it is broken as well, losses to Gold Coast and Richmond.
How! how! how!
Wins really count and that is 2 that have gone missing.

Looks like normal service has been returned for long time Saints supporters.
Demetriou has ensured Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney will share the flags in the later half of the 2010s.
Rebuilding is harder said than done.
The very players you need to build the team don't want to be recruited or play for losers.
Probably means I will have to live past 120 if I am to see another St Kilda flag.
Maybe by then they will be the Wellington Saints.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
spert
Saintsational Legend

It would be nice to have won the first two games, but big deal..teams that won the first two could have poor mid or late season form as happens, teams who struggle and get written off early, can have great last halves to a season (Melbourne excepted poor buggers). I'll reserve my judgement until Round six, but I would love to see a BOG or at least top three performance from one of our younger brigade sometime soon...it has been a bit too long coming.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

The dumbest and most disappointing thing is we've clearly had no depth - I'm THANKING LYON! Geelong wins 3 Premierships and loads up and remains competitive enough to go it all over again this season. Clearly nobody told Geelong about this window thing. Too bad we've caught wind of it and now have to add even more time to winning a second flag. I feel sorry for my 90year old neighbor in the knowledge he'll never see that 2nd flag.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
rexy
SS Life Member

loris wrote:
rexy wrote:You generally only watch through windows, they are tricky and can be time consuming to get through!
Doors are for going through and can be opened quickly!
rexy there was a wonderful recording many years ago by Arthur Lowe (of Dad's Army fame) called 'Windows and Doorways' (I often played it for final year tertiary students prior to their graduation.) The wording of the song echo's your sentiments. Can't recall all of the words exactly these days, but goes something along these lines:

There is nothing so easy as looking through windows,
There is nothing so hard as to walk through a door,
All through your life there are windows and doorways
Always the choice is the same:
Do you stand at the window, watching and waiting, or walk through the door so you're still in the game.........................................

ooooooooophs (having a senior's moment) sorry I've forgotten the rest, goes on for abour 4 verses............ real stirring stuff, I'm sure I've got it written out somewhere in my library. I know I had a tape recording of it................. yes that long ago - a tape!!!!

I know this was the 'B' side of the vinyl record of Arthur Lowe's hit 'Makin Whoopee'. Possibly was recorded as long ago as the Saints 1966 Flag! Then we looked through, saw a window of opportunity and sneaked through the door by 1 point :P
Love it Loris!
Forget the window IMO, make suggestions/talk about how where and who can get better!
Hope that's what coaches and players are doing!

Maybe this year?