Why oh why? Just blatant.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Why oh why? Just blatant.

We need to remember that plugger66 is a field ump in a local league, on weekends when he isn't an Essendon troll in disguise.
Any criticism of the umps is met with an instant denial, and it's a knee-jerk reaction; because he IS a j...
Look, it's like saying the Catholic Church has a lot to answer for, and of course a priest will jump to their defence :shock:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I was behind the point post when Roo marked and was clearly in the field of play but two umps deliberated and f it up.
On the replay he obviously didn't come close to controlling it in the field of play. Got a hand on it, dropped it, then it fell back into his hand once he was almost on the fence. It still could have been paid but it really wasn't a mark.

resaintlee
Club Player

What appears to lack logic doesn't mean there isn't a reason. Why would it be the AFL that want to destroy us? North having a 10 goal win would be important to ....?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Watched the replay and its apparent that the umpires where in boomer party mode. No frees in a quarter of football while your opponent gets four goals in the first quarter alone from free kicks. The free to Petrie where the umpire went early and paid a mark that he dropped so he just said no its a free now as Fisher infringed was cringe worthy. Watching Milnes efforts to get taken high then have a player land in his back to get nothing should demand an investigation.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
stinger
Saintsational Legend

look...i know we were shithouse in the first quarter......but 8 frees to zilch in that quarter....come on you have to be flowerering joking......then 7 to 4, 8 to 4 finishing up 1 to three in the last for a totol of 24 frees against to 11 for......f****** cheats.......a couple not paid right in front of boofhead no 17 and that little turd razor ray were blatant.....the club should complain...but they wont...the cheats will get away with it again.....i'm not saying that any of the frees to north weren't there...they were, even if a couple paid to black were real soft...but the ones not paid to milne, hickey and roo were there for everyone to see......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:look...i know we were shithouse in the first quarter......but 8 frees to zilch in that quarter....come on you have to be flowerering joking...
It was 140 possessions to 50 at quarter time. Pretty hard to get many frees if you haven't had the ball.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
stinger wrote:look...i know we were shithouse in the first quarter......but 8 frees to zilch in that quarter....come on you have to be flowerering joking...
It was 140 possessions to 50 at quarter time. Pretty hard to get many frees if you haven't had the ball.

When your given the ball 8 times while your opponent gets it given to them a big fat zero times it helps.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Agree we were on the wrong end of the umpiring again,and from games I have watched NM seem to have been getting a good run with umps,except maybe last 5 minutes v eagles.That said we were terrible,and umps decisions didnt decide result.IMO

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

Bergholt you genius. I never thought of that. Maybe it's got something to do with the free kick thing. Do you think it might be possible that the umpires aren't actually deliberately biased against St.Kilda every game? Surely not.
Even though there are plenty of fans of other teams who think the umpires are deliberately biased against their team every game, surely the St.Kilda fans like Curly are the only ones who are correct and everyone else is wrong and the umpires are deliberately cheating and biased against St.Kilda every game no matter who we play because the AFL hates us. Surely. It must be. If it wasn't we'd have to drop our persecution thing.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
bergholt wrote:

Bergholt you genius. I never thought of that. Maybe it's got something to do with the free kick thing. Do you think it might be possible that the umpires aren't actually deliberately biased against St.Kilda every game? Surely not.
Even though there are plenty of fans of other teams who think the umpires are deliberately biased against their team every game, surely the St.Kilda fans like Curly are the only ones who are correct and everyone else is wrong and the umpires are deliberately cheating and biased against St.Kilda every game no matter who we play because the AFL hates us. Surely. It must be. If it wasn't we'd have to drop our persecution thing.

Zero frees in the first quarter to StKilda 4 goals from frees to North in the first. We played poorly but the umpires where again ridiculously one sided.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
st.byron wrote:
bergholt wrote:

Zero frees in the first quarter to StKilda 4 goals from frees to North in the first. We played poorly but the umpires where again ridiculously one sided.

Read the rule book and there is nothing saying frees or goal scored should be level or even close. There is something important in it though. The rules. read them occasionally. You may learn something. By the way the free against Fisher was wrong in the first quarter IMO so i am adjusting the score. Only 9 goals down at the first break.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:

Zero frees in the first quarter to StKilda 4 goals from frees to North in the first. We played poorly but the umpires where again ridiculously one sided.[/quote]

Curly, you're so incredibly one eyed it's funny. We get absolutely flogged, Armitage comes out and says it's the worst quarter of football he's been involved in admitting we didn't turn up to play, North have three times as many possessions and all you can focus on is the umpiring. Same as you do every week. It's pretty funny really. You're just so blatantly blindly determined to see that we're being persecuted whatever the circumstances. You must get something out of it. Carry on.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

What about the missed free to Milne, Roo, Joey,Ray, Hickey just to name a few.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Curly, you're so incredibly one eyed it's funny. We get absolutely flogged, Armitage comes out and says it's the worst quarter of football he's been involved in admitting we didn't turn up to play, North have three times as many possessions and all you can focus on is the umpiring. Same as you do every week. It's pretty funny really. You're just so blatantly blindly determined to see that we're being persecuted whatever the circumstances. You must get something out of it. Carry on.[/quote]

THIS IS A THREAD IS ABOUT UMPIRES. If you want to post about how poor we played go to a thread about that. This is a thread about the s*** performance from the umpires. Look at Brisbane V Collingwood where 26 frees where paid in a game when it was wet and slippery. Yet yesterday the umpires paid 24 to one side alone. The umpires are shitful and their interpratations change from game to game.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Im still waiting for curly to explain how the slide rule free to montagna was a bad decision

but after months of the same bs, I decided to give his corrupt theory some thought
what i came up with, yes it is an AFL plot - they belong to secret society of Darwinian Theorists
by giving poor umpiring decisions against Stkilda they are weakening brain artaries one decision at a time
until finally boom - aneurysm - & instant gene pool improvement
just a theory tho

Seeya
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:Im still waiting for curly to explain how the slide rule free to montagna was a bad decision

but after months of the same bs, I decided to give his corrupt theory some thought
what i came up with, yes it is an AFL plot - they belong to secret society of Darwinian Theorists
by giving poor umpiring decisions against Stkilda they are weakening brain artaries one decision at a time
until finally boom - aneurysm - & instant gene pool improvement
just a theory tho

What the hell are you talking about? I notice the slide rule has been basically thrown out anyway,

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

what's your excuse for the maggots for their pathetic efforts in the 2 and 3rd quarters then???....15 frees to 8 and we were breaking even

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Read the rule book and there is nothing saying frees or goal scored should be level or even close. There is something important in it though. The rules. read them occasionally. You may learn something. By the way the free against Fisher was wrong in the first quarter IMO so i am adjusting the score. Only 9 goals down at the first break.
But that free caused the run on, they wouldn't have scored the other 8 without it

gringo
Saintsational Legend

My theory is that certain umps are paid by book makers to fix certain margins. Too much or too little and the whistle comes out. The worse games are the lower profile interstate games or invisible on free to air. If Collingwood had been given that umpiring the AFL would be barricading themselves in. they are usually just incompetent but sometimes fall over in corrupt.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:My theory is that certain umps are paid by book makers to fix certain margins. Too much or too little and the whistle comes out. The worse games are the lower profile interstate games or invisible on free to air. If Collingwood had been given that umpiring the AFL would be barricading themselves in. they are usually just incompetent but sometimes fall over in corrupt.

Of course they are gringo. it makes so much sense. Seriously where do people come up with these things. Toilet would be my guess. It seems that all the margin betting is on saints games also.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I watched the game on TV and didn't get the impression they were biased or cheating - just incompetent and very inconsistent.
I will give them credit though, I don't reckon they made too many mistakes against North.

The free kick against Hickey in the ruck contest was correct, according to the free kick paid against Stanley in the NZ game. A person cannot shepherd the opposition ruckman if someone else is going to go for the ruck tap.

As for the treatment of Roo in marking contests, I just wish that he received the same treatment from the umpires as other forwards seem to get. I treckon he gets infringed 50% of the time in marking contests and yet he wouldn't average much more than 1 free kick a game for this?

IMO, the free kick paid by Razor to Petrie against Fisher was laughable - he blew the whistle too early to award the mark and then 'made-up' a free to justify blowing the whistle.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
IMO, the free kick paid by Razor to Petrie against Fisher was laughable - he blew the whistle too early to award the mark and then 'made-up' a free to justify blowing the whistle.
i fully agree with your last observation......

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
8856brother wrote:I stopped watching after Roo dropped a chest mark in the first 10 seconds and they got 4 frees in their forwars fifty in next first five minutes follopwing that.

Did we lose???

No.
That's great. We're now 3-7. If we can knock off the Eaglegirls this week before the bye, we take on the Demons the next week. We could be 5-7 and a huge chance to play in September.

Can't believe we got over the line after those first 5 minutes. We have some balls.

Saintsational Legend

The inconsistency of the umpiring was truly incredible. It was a biased disgrace for most of the game and then I believe it was the last quarter (possibly third) was umpired superbly. The non-free to Hickey was one of the worst calls of the year; chopped his arms, hit him high and make body contact without going for the mark. Amazing

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

They were a bit hard on the Dud. OK, he took thirty steps but he still only ran ten metres.