Tom ledger?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tom ledger?

Wayne42 wrote:I wonder if Ross would take Ledger to Freo if he was delisted by the Saints, not sure he'd add much, his co-draftee, Cripps, is not doing much at the Eagles.
dont think so ... if ledger gets the chop he will be back in the WAFL ... the word i hear is Ross doesnt get that big of a say on who the club bring in Lloyd and Bond take his input into consideration but they make the calls ...

as for Cripps he would be playing this thursday for WCE if he didnt have a brain fart and headbutt someone in the WAFL last week ... (was a pretty spiteful match that one)

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
spert
Saintsational Legend

I think we have a lot of confidence issues amongst the playing group, and seeing skilled players dispose the ball badly sort of backs that up. It is up to the coach(es) to work on this. Dunnell played well against Melbourne and earned another game, and has very good skills, so the bad shot on goal would be an exception I think. Ledger will probably get a gig in the seniors sooner than later this season, as SW needs to sort through the issues in the midfield, and one of those is getting hands on the ball.

westcoast
Club Player

He can play. Just needs a chance

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

spert -you are spot on re confidence. I speak with players and hear a lack of "confidence" rather than the "humility" that I used to hear from Harvey, Hayes, Goddard etc

players that need extra confidence IMHO are - Stanley, Ledger and Lee - even Farren Ray at times.

one player who is not lacking confidence ... Darren Minchington ... he reckons he is going to be back this week and aiming for seniors within 4 weeks! WOW.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: one player who is not lacking confidence ... Darren Minchington ... he reckons he is going to be back this week and aiming for seniors within 4 weeks! WOW.
Me likey :D

savatage
SS Life Member

Good on him. I've been banging on about minchington for ages. Little ripper.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

savatage - have not seen him play enough but not sure he has the size for AFL ... then agoin this week's rising star weighs 64kgs

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

savatage
SS Life Member

If you're good then you're good. Built like a tank, skillful and quick.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Minchington is a solid little bloke.... 182cm

Why do you think he is small??

savatage
SS Life Member

Well yeah, that puzzles me as well. If he doesn't put another kilo on for the rest of his career he'd be just fine & he's still taller than several of our existing players like Montagna, Milne, Saad, Ledger etc.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Watters really rates Minchington.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Massive game coming up for Ledger. I hope he plays and gets a full game (not the sub).
I'll be interested to see how many possessions and clearances he gets, and in particular his efficiency.
Good luck to him.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

If Ledger plays it would be good if his disposal had at least developed to adequate

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Looked small to me in civilian wear at the movies. Mind you I am 191cm and 115kg.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:Massive game coming up for Ledger. I hope he plays and gets a full game (not the sub).
I'll be interested to see how many possessions and clearances he gets, and in particular his efficiency.
Good luck to him.
Is it confirmed he is in the side? Thought he was just included in the extended squad. Hope he gets a game. He is well overdue.

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:Massive game coming up for Ledger. I hope he plays and gets a full game (not the sub).
Good luck to him.
Is it confirmed he is in the side? Thought he was just included in the extended squad. Hope he gets a game. He is well overdue.
Not confirmed yet...

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
gringo
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Well yeah, that puzzles me as well. If he doesn't put another kilo on for the rest of his career he'd be just fine & he's still taller than several of our existing players like Montagna, Milne, Saad, Ledger etc.

He does look small though- I'm surprised he's taller than Montagna. He is stocky so looks short maybe?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
savatage wrote:Well yeah, that puzzles me as well. If he doesn't put another kilo on for the rest of his career he'd be just fine & he's still taller than several of our existing players like Montagna, Milne, Saad, Ledger etc.

He does look small though- I'm surprised he's taller than Montagna. He is stocky so looks short maybe?

i think he is talking about Mitchington.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

i think he is talking about Mitchington.

cheers, i thought Minchington was shorter though too. Either way I'd be surprised.

savatage
SS Life Member

I was talking about Minch.

Minch is listed on our site at 179cm, which puts him above those players I mentioned earlier. However, pre-draft stats had him listed at 181cm - so either way, he's not tall - but there's plenty of good players in the AFL shorter than that - our side included.

Andreous
Club Player

This sure is a forum with influence...

60+ comments 1000+ views and Watters includes Ledger in the squad.

Roll on Saintsational!!!!!!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Andreous wrote:This sure is a forum with influence...

60+ comments 1000+ views and Watters includes Ledger in the squad.

Roll on Saintsational!!!!!!
Very funny.

There is basically a thread on every player, every week like this one... Just a coincidence that ledger was named this week.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Good luck to him.
Does he have the tank to go a full game ? .. I haven't seen him play for a while but he doesn't from what I recall which would make him odds on to start as the sub if he indeed makes the final 22.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Zed wrote:
Good luck to him.
Does he have the tank to go a full game ? .. I haven't seen him play for a while but he doesn't from what I recall which would make him odds on to start as the sub if he indeed makes the final 22.
I agree, he may not have the tank.
But he's been in the system a few years and should be close - and the idea is to have a good look at him.
Play him all game (with normal rotations) in the middle.
If he runs out of puff, sub him, but at least the coaches would get a fair idea of where's he's at, and if they think he has a future and is worth persevering with.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

So what has happened to Tom Ledger?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!