Milney next week !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Richter
SS Life Member

Re: Milney next week !!

mr six o'clock wrote:Milney was in court for 4 mins !

Bailed until next court appearance in september .

Think he may play the rest of the season like there's no tomorrow !
Irritating that the next appearance will interfere with our finals campaign...

Er, hold on a minute...

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Kiedis
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:He has never been cleared and i doubt you would know if there is any pressure on the woman to continue this. She may feel she was wronged and wants justice. I for one will continue to support Milney but i dont by much of what you wrote.
Plugger wasn't it you that started a 'Milne must retire immediately' thread when all this erupted?

I remember because I was shocked at the time. Since joining this forum back in '06 I've always had time for your opinion. You know a thing or two about footy & seem to be close to the club/individuals from the club in some capacity..

Someone I thought would fully know & understand his worth/stature at the club.

Hence, when you immediately jumped off Stephen - I was taken aback.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Kiedis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:He has never been cleared and i doubt you would know if there is any pressure on the woman to continue this. She may feel she was wronged and wants justice. I for one will continue to support Milney but i dont by much of what you wrote.
Plugger wasn't it you that started a 'Milne must retire immediately' thread when all this erupted?

I remember because I was shocked at the time. Since joining this forum back in '06 I've always had time for your opinion. You know a thing or two about footy & seem to be close to the club/individuals from the club in some capacity..

Someone I thought would fully know & understand his worth/stature at the club.

Hence, when you immediately jumped off Stephen - I was taken aback.

Yes it was me who said Milney should retire. i have always supported Milney. i have from day one in this incident. he cops so much flack off guys at our footy club and especially girls who i know but i always say there is 2 sides to the story. that however doesnt change my mind that it will be a pretty bad look for the club when he plays next week. nothing has changed since the charges so i dont see why they stood him down but once they did now i cant see why he plays. What i am really worried about is the games. If people think Watson was hard done by with the booing wait until this week against Carlton. it is going to go off and unlike Watson who is a bit of a media darling, and fair enough seems like a good guy, Milne isnt and he wont get the same protection in the media after the game. my guess is all the commentry after the game will be about our club and why did we let him play. Hope i am wrong and i am many times but that how i see it going.

From thing i heard over the years i think it was probably a very bad misunderstanding and i think Milney is probably not guilty but a rape charge is probably one of the worst charges you can have laid. A so called lawyer on here in the general forum usually wants people charged with rape put away for life or even hung and this is before trial. Milney isnt guilty of anything at the moment but is it fair on our club and his family if he cops what he will cop and it will be much worse than anything he has copped before. I will barrack for him this Saturday night probably more than ever and will try and support him when people yell out rapist but it will be a hell of a lot more people than normal. i hope no problems occur in the crowd. Go milney when you play but it doesnt mean i think its the right decision.

Kiedis
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Yes it was me who said Milney should retire. i have always supported Milney. i have from day one in this incident. he cops so much flack off guys at our footy club and especially girls who i know but i always say there is 2 sides to the story. that however doesnt change my mind that it will be a pretty bad look for the club when he plays next week. nothing has changed since the charges so i dont see why they stood him down but once they did now i cant see why he plays. What i am really worried about is the games. If people think Watson was hard done by with the booing wait until this week against Carlton. it is going to go off and unlike Watson who is a bit of a media darling, and fair enough seems like a good guy, Milne isnt and he wont get the same protection in the media after the game. my guess is all the commentry after the game will be about our club and why did we let him play. Hope i am wrong and i am many times but that how i see it going.

From thing i heard over the years i think it was probably a very bad misunderstanding and i think Milney is probably not guilty but a rape charge is probably one of the worst charges you can have laid. A so called lawyer on here in the general forum usually wants people charged with rape put away for life or even hung and this is before trial. Milney isnt guilty of anything at the moment but is it fair on our club and his family if he cops what he will cop and it will be much worse than anything he has copped before. I will barrack for him this Saturday night probably more than ever and will try and support him when people yell out rapist but it will be a hell of a lot more people than normal. i hope no problems occur in the crowd. Go milney when you play but it doesnt mean i think its the right decision.
Thanks for expanding, like I say, always valued your opinion.

A fairly sobering one on this occassion..

What's done is done I guess, he was stood down.. Next week he'll (possibly) be back & to take a page from BT's book, boy oh boy there's going to be a shitstorm.

& you're right, It's truly going to be something else..

He's going to need our full support now more than ever.