Best Milne memories

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Best Milne memories

Statsman wrote:My fondest memory of Milney is the way he always entertained the crowd. One minute we had our hands in the air in exhilaration and the next minute our hands in the air with exasperation. That's Milney! You just had to ride the wave - marvelling at the mercurial brilliance and laughing off the occassional brain fade.

Despite those highs and lows, Milne's record speaks for itself. There aren't many small forward who have averaged better than two goals a game for as many games as he's played. To continually produce at that level for a 275 game career is outstanding. I rate him as the best pure forward pocket ever to play the game.

The other thing I'll always remember about Milney is that he was my son's first footy hero. I started taking my son to the footy as a baby in 2000 and he's grown up watching Milney and idolising him. The sound of my son screaming "Yaaaaaapper!" is etched in my heart. Milne to him will be as George Young and Trevor Barker were to me - forever part of the fabric of his childhood
Nice words, and nice memories to.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Best Milne memories

Any memory of him kicking goals and helping us win games. He will be difficult to replace.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.