Who doesnt have a contract for 2014?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who doesnt have a contract for 2014?

Simpkin might need to reinvent himself if he wants to play at the Saints. We need a KPB and unless he can take Gwilts spot he is probably not going to play too many in the near future. I wish we would try him in a forward post where he could use some of his defensive game to be a Hammill style CH forward[/quote]

Apart from being hard at it I dont think he has any forward skills at all. He is a true backman and if there is no spot for him there then he is delisted like many will be shortly. By the way i would keep him. i like the way he plays and this year has been injury riddled and its unfair to judge him on his output.[/quote]

I think he is worth a try up foward. But I also think if he gets an injury free run and preseason then he could challenge Gwilt for a spot. I know we need a big Blackman, but we don't have one now and he is at least hard at it[/quote]

Racist.[/quote]

O shyte that was meant to be backman, bloody iPhone autocorrect

I love this club
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:I am surprised by the lack of love for Simokin and Dunell. I think they are both worth keeping, especially Simpkin. I know he had a shyte year but he Iis worth giving another summer to see if he is wiling to work his arse of to get back to some of that good firm he showed last year. If not then delist him next year. I think Dunnell has done enough to get at least 1 more year to see if he can make ut

Simpkin might need to reinvent himself if he wants to play at the Saints. We need a KPB and unless he can take Gwilts spot he is probably not going to play too many in the near future. I wish we would try him in a forward post where he could use some of his defensive game to be a Hammill style CH forward

Apart from being hard at it I dont think he has any forward skills at all. He is a true backman and if there is no spot for him there then he is delisted like many will be shortly. By the way i would keep him. i like the way he plays and this year has been injury riddled and its unfair to judge him on his output.
well who are you going to delist then? I hope you are going to do it soon or I will whine like you do. Simpkin and Big mac have both been s*** and ferg your three favourites actually. You have like a reverse midas touch it seems.

My turn to bait you now. Anyway, he will struggle to play seniors unless we unload one of Gwilt, Roberton, Fisher etc. A new KPB has been overdue for a while and that will stretch our backline spots further. Wright and geary have the smaller spots filled already.

How do you know he can't play forward? Have you seen him play there? Gwilt was a forward who went back Dawson was a back who went forward then back. Plenty of players reinvent themselves during their careers. Lee and Maister were average in defence and when they went forward they shone at WAFL level. Hopefully Simpkin can stay around because i like his style but there are only so many spots in each part of the ground.

Club Player

Simpkin will be kept. And should be. He reminds me a little of Scarlett. Hits hard, you know he is around and has skill. Too early to pass him on.

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike