Sick of these scandals at this club!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: Sick of these scandals at this club!

magnifisaint wrote:
SainterK wrote:It's why I don't think joey should be captain.
WTF this whole dwarf thing is a crock of s***. The little guy is using the story as mileage for reasons best known to himself. Worse things happen in the day. He hasnt been injured and apparently stuck around until the end so why all the hoo har????
its mind boggling to think the StK FC is the victim here
after all this election stuff I need a laugh, I have a fuelled up zippo - so where can I find you ?

Seeya
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Beams was actually Duthies boyfriend. He was refered to as a player from a Victorian based club.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Beams was actually Duthies boyfriend. He was refered to as a player from a Victorian based club.

If that is right for the whole time how do we know this and secondly why should he be mentioned anyway. he had nothing to do with why this stupid incident got into the papers.

Again i repeat there was no story if 3 guys were having sex with her. The story was because this girl claimed she met saints players at a school footy clinic.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

CURLY wrote:Beams was actually Duthies boyfriend. He was refered to as a player from a Victorian based club.
yep & he was reported in the media, otherwise I wouldnt know, I dont get how people draw the conclusion that collingwood kept it hidden

Seeya
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
yep & he was reported in the media, otherwise I wouldnt know, I dont get how people draw the conclusion that collingwood kept it hidden

One of the issue's with the Duthie scandal was her age compared to Gilbert. Beams was also above 18 yet was mentioned early on and then became the Victorian based footballer.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Kickit wrote:Somewhere in all the sordid Duthie goings on's she had a relationship with Beams.
It was ( eventually ) reported that she had a one nighter with Armitage ( not the whole team Orgy that was originally implied by the media ).
She late caught up with Gilbert, and formed some sort of ongoing relationship.
I'm not sure when and where the Beams thing happened, but when it was all done and dusted her social media comments made it clear she still liked Gilbert well enough, but did not like Beams AT ALL.

I don't know that there was any great scandal by Beams in it all, it was just that it was kept "hidden" at the time.

I do wonder how much other Collingwood stuff is kept well hidden, maybe we can convince Harry O that its his moral duty to divulge it all.

It would have all been hidden if it wasnt claimed by her that the players met at a footy clinic. if they were just all having sex with her then there is no story at all.
The footy clinic thing was quashed very early on.

But the story rolled on! You're right - it was a non story in reality. However it became a huge story about nothing.

For whatever reason though, the Beams link was ignored and overlooked. Whereas the Saints angle was pursued relentlessly.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
sunsaint wrote:

One of the issue's with the Duthie scandal was her age compared to Gilbert. Beams was also above 18 yet was mentioned early on and then became the Victorian based footballer.

The main issue was where they met. If Duthie contacted a paper and told them she was having sex with sam Gilbert it would not have got any attention at all. it was never about age but if it was beams was 20 and Gilbert 24. Wow what a story. Girl 16 has sex with a 20 year old footballer.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

That was the biggest problem though.

The issue WAS where they met. It was scandalous.

But just as quickly, everyone involved cleared that up. That should have been the end of it.

But sadly, no. Because the Caroline Wilson's of the world had already fired up their torches and grabbed their pitch forks, they kept looking for other angles! They threw every possible angle at the club - but none of it was at all relevant.

That's why, her relationship with Beames was equally as relevant to the whole scenario. There was nothing more to the St Kilda Schoolgirl thing than the fact that she rodgered two of them. That in the end - was it.

But as per above, the mob had already started. And once they start, they don't like to stop.

So it was unfair that the Saints were dragged through the mud, yet Beames somehow managed to keep out of the papers.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Not really

Beams didn't let her download nude pics of his team mates.

Guarantee to this day, people think she took them.

Kickit
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Not really

Yes, and when the media reported she had sex with Gilbert and Armitage, they deliberately made it sound like it was at the same time. ( without actually saying it was ).
Add that to the photo's and idiots around the place think she had sex with the whole team at once.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Not really

I doubt Gilbert 'let her' either.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

And to this day, I cannot understand what the fuss was about nude photos.

These dudes shower together on a daily basis. Every second footballer around the country had a nickname that relates to his slug. Nudity amongst footballers is as normal as could be.

Why did anyone care about nude photos? Why was it apparently a big deal?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:And to this day, I cannot understand what the fuss was about nude photos.

These dudes shower together on a daily basis. Every second footballer around the country had a nickname that relates to his slug. Nudity amongst footballers is as normal as could be.

Because they arent usually released in public.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:And to this day, I cannot understand what the fuss was about nude photos.

But the outrage was directed at the club!

They didn't release them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

But the outrage was directed at the club!

They didn't release them.

It was because of the Duthie thing. doubt anyone in the media would have shown them if they were just taken by you or me.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

They were taken by players. Players on the inner sanctum. And stolen from one of those players' computer.

The only outrage, was that someone stole some property - then published it on the internet!

However as we know, for some bizarre reason, everyone freaked out about the 'Saints culture'!

To be honest, the thing that I find most bizarre and concerning - is that it's Saints supporters who lap up the media push for the Saints to be these awful monsters with a dirty culture.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:They were taken by players. Players on the inner sanctum. And stolen from one of those players' computer.

The only outrage, was that someone stole some property - then published it on the internet!

However as we know, for some bizarre reason, everyone freaked out about the 'Saints culture'!

To be honest, the thing that I find most bizarre and concerning - is that it's Saints supporters who lap up the media push for the Saints to be these awful monsters with a dirty culture.

Yes they were stolen by the Duthie girl. If they wee stolen by you or me the media probably would have gone to the cops.

Kickit
Club Player

I'm sure that if I posted private naked photo's of people on the web without their consent it would be perfectly OK.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I don't care if they hang around with their bits out, I get its a footy club.

That wasn't my point and you're not listening.

I said most people added 2+2 = 5 and think a school girl was in the position to take the pics, that's what she said....doesn't matter what the truth is, I reckon most casual fans still think she took them.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

im not sure what you guys are gabbing about, Collingwood has a rap sheet longer than ours, ask them if they are worried.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:im not sure what you guys are gabbing about, Collingwood has a rap sheet longer than ours, ask them if they are worried.

I doubt they are worried at all and im unsure it is worse but even if it is they have a few things going that we dont. 14 flags, 80k members, many sponsors, still at the top of the ladder and make huge profits each years. Clubs like us, Dees, WB and North cant afford to make to many mistakes.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:im not sure what you guys are gabbing about, Collingwood has a rap sheet longer than ours, ask them if they are worried.

I doubt they are worried at all and im unsure it is worse but even if it is they have a few things going that we dont. 14 flags, 80k members, many sponsors, still at the top of the ladder and make huge profits each years. Clubs like us, Dees, WB and North cant afford to make to many mistakes.
Yep we have stuff all members and cant land a sponsor.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

You may find the admin come down pretty hard this time. Don't think you will see a drink in any players hand at the B&F and there may be some adjustments to a few of the players overseas destinations. Coming down hard this time.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:You may find the admin come down pretty hard this time. Don't think you will see a drink in any players hand at the B&F and there may be some adjustments to a few of the players overseas destinations. Coming down hard this time.
I hope they do it sensibly. There is a tendency to over-react in these situations, and in the end the media drives the whole show.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I think the club should just embrace it.

Give the media and the public what they want! Let it all hang out! Let, nay insist, the players go feral every weekend and become the genuine party club!

Why not? When we behave, we cop s*** anyway - so why not just stop fighting it?!