Mav Weller

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mav Weller

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:Dermot said this morning we are the third worst in starting midfilders in the comp with only melbourne and i can't remember who else behind us. He would get another ready developed rotation in there. I liked what i saw in the couple of games I saw him in, I can't work out why they dumped him still. kyal horsley was going pretty well a couple of years ago too but i think he did a knee.

He averages 14 possessions per game and only got 4 games this year. hardly earth shattering stats. And i dont think footy is his main issue.
What's his main issue?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:Dermot said this morning we are the third worst in starting midfilders in the comp with only melbourne and i can't remember who else behind us. He would get another ready developed rotation in there. I liked what i saw in the couple of games I saw him in, I can't work out why they dumped him still. kyal horsley was going pretty well a couple of years ago too but i think he did a knee.

He averages 14 possessions per game and only got 4 games this year. hardly earth shattering stats. And i dont think footy is his main issue.
What's his main issue?

I think he has other issues outside of football from what i have heard. And i heard it through the grapevine

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
What's his main issue?

I think he has other issues outside of football from what i have heard. And i heard it through the grapevine[/quote]

I have heard attitude problems but that could be anything from inflated ego to not showing up at training.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

What about Docherty from Lions?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I've heard he has a good attitude and is very fit.... Works hard and is tough.... But that's just from people who know him...

gringo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I've heard he has a good attitude and is very fit.... Works hard and is tough.... But that's just from people who know him...

But the people I heard it from only know his name so I think I believe them thanks. Seriously once you are rejected there comes a stigma and everyone wants to be the one to know why. Roberton was supposedly crap as was Kobe Stevens- both finds of the season.

santazzi
Club Player

BigMart wrote:I've heard he has a good attitude and is very fit.... Works hard and is tough.... But that's just from people who know him...
Thanks BM for standing up for a Tassie boy. Let me state a truth that is self evident..."No one born under the Tasmanian sky has attitude issues"

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I heard off campbell Brown that is wrong but hey he doesnt really know him.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Are you mates with Campbell too? Does he come around with Lenny?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Never met Campbell Brown. Closest i have come to seeing him is from over the fence at a footy ground. Not sure if he knows lenny that well. maybe you can ask him.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I heard off campbell Brown that is wrong but hey he doesnt really know him.

Well plugger has disclosed his surname is Duthie, so I imagine his milkshake brings a lot of boys to his yard :P

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I heard off campbell Brown that is wrong but hey he doesnt really know him.

Well plugger has disclosed his surname is Duthie, so I imagine his milkshake brings a lot of boys to his yard :P

I'm now imagining a middle aged man shakin his milk in that Miley Cyrus outfit. Ewwww.

Megamaguire
Club Player

Re: Mav Weller & Sam Docherty

Anyone offer a comparison or potential worth to Saints?
Doch sounds good reg: atitude. Weller sounds gifted as well but had 'that incident' with C. Brown on their o'seas trip. I haven't a clue but know Watterman is after more players to do midfield rotations.

any thoughts?

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

eppo67 wrote:Guys l am a Suns member and have been to every game. Animal is spot on he will be a very handy midfield inclusion for Saints l can't believe we delisted him in fact. Will be a gun in a short time at Saints l reckon. As Animal said played out of position because of all the top 10 draft picks in front of him. Get him Saints!
Have also seen my fair share of Suns games, and am surprised he was cut. Decent skills and not scared of going in and finding the pill. Don't know about becoming a gun in a short time, but if it doesn't cost anything,(as in draft picks) I also think he's worth a punt.