Saints in disarray

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints in disarray

saintbrat wrote:Finey and Ch 7 only ones going with the 'explosive' cracks and dissaray.
H-S
Ch 9
Ch 10
ABC Grandstand

not touched it.

it would appear to be the cyclical down in alla reas- But lets face forward..
I'll go with what tony74 adds, i haven't noticed what is says is bulldust, some of the other forum experts though, i have definitely noticed the bulldust... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
saintbrat wrote:Finey and Ch 7 only ones going with the 'explosive' cracks and dissaray.
H-S
Ch 9
Ch 10
ABC Grandstand

not touched it.

it would appear to be the cyclical down in alla reas- But lets face forward..
I'll go with what tony74 adds, i haven't noticed what is says is bulldust, some of the other forum experts though, i have definitely noticed the bulldust... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Agreed.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:The club can make an excellent start to our next stage of development by signing Watters for a contract extension on Monday and clearing up who is coming and going- be upfront and honest, otherwise we will really look like a leaderless rabble.
Lets give TDL an extension while we are at it.

Watters is contracted, I dont see the point in rushing to extend.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Roo wanting out?

How serious is that rumour?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
spert wrote:The club can make an excellent start to our next stage of development by signing Watters for a contract extension on Monday and clearing up who is coming and going- be upfront and honest, otherwise we will really look like a leaderless rabble.

Apparently it shows we are committed to him in the long run. Pity we cant wait untill at least mid year to see if we should still be committed at the start of 2015. But then again we did resign maister and gave TDL a 2 year contract so god knows whats going on.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

rumors flying everywhere

if he doesnt get an extension now he wont be able to see the future of his gameplan and will be off to west caost

lol

you gotta love this time of the year

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Roo wanting out?

It's true. I saw it on the internets.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:

Funny time of the football year this when there is nothing happening, the stories that come out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:

oh, it must be true then.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Finances aren't great. 3 senior players are trade bait. 2 assistant coaches will go. Scott will be there till the end of 2016. We've been through worse.
reassuring but still sad.....why do the assistants want out.....

dal and fish...trade baits...but who is the third...???..hope its not joey....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
tony74 wrote:Finances aren't great. 3 senior players are trade bait. 2 assistant coaches will go. Scott will be there till the end of 2016. We've been through worse.
why do the assistants want out.....
Do they want out or are they getting the flick? Wait and see I suppose.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:

Apparently it shows we are committed to him in the long run. Pity we cant wait untill at least mid year to see if we should still be committed at the start of 2015. But then again we did resign maister and gave TDL a 2 year contract so god knows whats going on.
Does it really make a difference if we re-sign Waters now or mid next year?. We arent going to challenge in 2015 regardless of who is at the helm. By 2016 I would be hoping we would be setting ourselves to make a run at the top 8 so better to leave the next contract negotiation for mid 2015.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:
stinger wrote:
why do the assistants want out.....
Do they want out or are they getting the flick? Wait and see I suppose.

i love how everyone wanted to ditch them but now they want out we are crying about it.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
i love how everyone wanted to ditch them but now they want out we are crying about it.
i have never made a call to ditch an assistant coach....don't know who has either....

...i see that the ex dees coach was coming to us but now the filth have signed him...don't know if that's a case of us escaping a bullet or not either.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
suss
Club Player

stinger wrote:

I suspect it's anyone hanging out with Dustin Martin ... but that's just a guess.

I hope Joey stays - he polled 16 Brownlow votes the other night which shows, if it wasn't already obvious, that he still goes ok. And seems to be one of the heart-and-soul players of the club.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Who's crying?
People are curious because some think they know what's going on but prefer to chest beat rather than say it.
I'm not sure what kids game you call this, maybe Chinese whispers?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
stinger wrote:

I suspect it's anyone hanging out with Dustin Martin ... but that's just a guess.

I hope Joey stays - he polled 16 Brownlow votes the other night which shows, if it wasn't already obvious, that he still goes ok. And seems to be one of the heart-and-soul players of the club.

The only thought i had was with the Milne court case coming up Montagna is about to attract a lot of negative publicity our way.

There were some whispers post Dwarfgate that there was a line in the sand about acceptable behaviour and the public image we want to portray to the public.

I know that the board claimed that Gilbert cost them millions with his school girl saga because in their most successful era the negative impact cost major sponsors and new members.

maybe I'm jumping at shadows though.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
suss wrote:
stinger wrote:

The only thought i had was with the Milne court case coming up Montagna is about to attract a lot of negative publicity our way.

There were some whispers post Dwarfgate that there was a line in the sand about acceptable behaviour and the public image we want to portray to the public.

I know that the board claimed that Gilbert cost them millions with his school girl saga because in their most successful era the negative impact cost major sponsors and new members.

Im going with shadows because why would they re sign an ordinary footballer in CJ if that was the case. If Joey goes it would be for the same reason as Dal. To get more picks. Think it would be stupid myself.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

There is no need to sign Watters right now. He is on contract for next year. Wait until mid-year and see how things are going. By then, the place should have settled down and decisions can be made in more rational circumstances.
Last edited by Junction Oval on Sun 29 Sep 2013 1:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
suss wrote:

Im going with shadows because why would they re sign an ordinary footballer in CJ if that was the case. If Joey goes it would be for the same reason as Dal. To get more picks. Think it would be stupid myself.

i agree, Joey was outstanding this year and should be able to stay as long as he is prepared to put in that kind of effort. He would be a Brent Maloney type of stuff up IMO. Almost would rather lose Lenny as Joey will be around a lot longer on field. Dal is more of a cruiser and doesn't appear to be working at 100% effort and so would be an easier to digest trade.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

My sources are probably the most solid and I can say with absolute certainty that the rumours getting around are from very, very weak sources, so much so, they are complete made-up crap and all these rumours are only coming from people trying to big-note themselves.

slider
Club Player

Dont shoot the messenger but this is what i heard last night from a normally very reliable source.

Joey is trade bait
Watters may be lucky to see half of 2014 out
Milne would of kept playing or be traded, but no other club would of wanted the baggage hes carrying so he called it quits.

StKFC are going for youth which is pretty obvious, and is willing to sacrifice some stars to get the talent.

Lets just say it is all hearsay and innuendo, but then again maybe not.

We will know in good time.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

You get the feeling that the Club is prepared to throw the baby out with the bathwater :roll:

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

If some of the older players feel like they're more important than other team members they better think again. They will most likely not be a part of the Saints next premiership challenge as players so they need to understand that the club needs to plan for the future. Get over your egos because you'll have a hard time accepting the inevitable.

I'd understand if we were in our premieship window right now that we would need to engage the senior players with drafting and recruiting and all footy department decisions but we aren't!!!

The Hawks in the lead up to the rebuild in Clarko's early years created a team of equals and the clubs goals were paramount above and beyond anything else. Shane Crawford - brownlow medalist, 4 time club best and fairest and club captain - had to relinquish the captaincy in 2005 and we also remember the furor when he was only offered 1 year contracts for the last 2 years of his career.

Likewise the board and admin at St Kilda need to make tough decisions and need to do everything possible to create a good public image and the optimal environment for sponsors and marketing of our club (e.g the decision to stand Milney down this year was wise and I also think we will honour him as a player when the time is right. Milney will get his send-off and a car parade on GF day in 2014)

The egos of senior players need to be deflated and sacrifices made to give us an opportunity to match the top teams in say 3-4 years time. Right now I believe the younger blokes in the leadership group need to engage with the coach and footy department and sell the message to all the players.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

MC Gusto wrote:
dal, fish and..?
Cervi. The coach has had enough of his off-field lack of fashion sense. He will not be on our senior list next year. Guaranteed.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: