North offer Pick 26 & Luke for Dal

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: North offer Pick 26 & Luke for Dal

dragit wrote:Both sides would be better off if we swap 4th rounders in exchange for Delaney… and then we release Dal to FA.
That way we will get pick 22 if we are lucky but maybe pick 39 for Dal.

The AFL has a wooful record on providing just compensation for free agents.
They look heavily at the money in the players new contract, not his past record, to determine market value and draft pick compensation.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
lloyd21
Club Player

You guys are kidding , whinge mercilessly that Stkilda have to be aggressive, yet a lot saying let North have him as high pick in 20's

to

A guy who can't get a game are you for real.

Watters has said it is a 1st round pick if no one offers a 1st round move on, stop listening to idiots like John Ralph.
Up to North to find solution end of story.

Club will sit it's hands on this one and so they should .

Just want Bruce then draft picks

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

North not offering pick 26 now according to Trade Radio. They will use that pick in the draft.

8856brother wrote:North not offering pick 26 now according to Trade Radio. They will use that pick in the draft.
Hopefully this means Dal will stay now, club will be making a big mistake if they let him go for peanuts

Before Im 85
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:North not offering pick 26 now according to Trade Radio. They will use that pick in the draft.
They NEVER WERE offering pick 26 !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

all these rumours are doing my head in.

#1 Ryder fan
dragit
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
dragit wrote:Both sides would be better off if we swap 4th rounders in exchange for Delaney… and then we release Dal to FA.
That way we will get pick 22 if we are lucky but maybe pick 39 for Dal.

The AFL has a wooful record on providing just compensation for free agents.
They look heavily at the money in the players new contract, not his past record, to determine market value and draft pick compensation.
That would be a disaster… but I can't see Dal Santo, even at 30 YO being classed as band 4.

Chaplin & Pearce both warranted 2nd round picks and I would think they are on smaller contracts than what Dal will be on.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

They didn't offer, just used their media acylotes to sound out the Saints. Paper talk.

Absolute laugh. Paper says North say 26 + Delaney a fair deal, then suddenly 26 not on the table.

lol - we have the whip hand on this.

1) we can elect to lose Dal for pick 22 in FA

2) we can pick up Delaney in the second draft (if we have landed Bruce)

or

3) we just keep Dal, and either lose him to FA next year probably same dp, (maybe even better if we go down the ladder) of first pick after our second rounder in 2014

or

4) resign him for another two and he sees out his time as a Saint.

Really Scott and North are pissing into the wind on this and they know it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
#gosaintas
Club Player

It seems the hearld sun are wrong and that it is a proposed straight swap, Delaney for Dal.
To that I would say get stuffed. If the AFL refuse to guarantee us pick 22 then we should just take him off the table. If the AFL guarantee us a good FA pick then we should take that pick.

Kickit
Club Player

#gosaintas wrote:It seems the hearld sun are wrong and that it is a proposed straight swap, Delaney for Dal.
To that I would say get stuffed. If the AFL refuse to guarantee us pick 22 then we should just take him off the table. If the AFL guarantee us a good FA pick then we should take that pick.
LOL all we have to do then is nothing.
That gives us half ( or better ) a chance of landing Delaney, and them with no chance of getting DalSanto.
Way to go bigshots.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Prefer to se if Essendon will take Dal for Myers and 22 to be honest.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Prefer to se if Essendon will take Dal for Myers and 22 to be honest.

Myers is off the table. We would never get Myers and #22 for Dal, unless its the other way Myers for Dal and our #21

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Dal would be the difference in premiership contention and just a finals appearance IMO....he is the perfect fit at North and both sides know that....they have to give up something for a tilt at a flag.
I feel impatient too, but it's a card game...the worst result is we keep Dal (not too bad), for them they keep Delaney (who can't get a game a DP who has never played a game, and wouldn't get one next year anyway!)

Could go to the line.

Nee!
Kickit
Club Player

fugazi wrote:Dal would be the difference in premiership contention and just a finals appearance IMO....he is the perfect fit at North and both sides know that....they have to give up something for a tilt at a flag.
I feel impatient too, but it's a card game...the worst result is we keep Dal (not too bad), for them they keep Delaney (who can't get a game a DP who has never played a game, and wouldn't get one next year anyway!)

Could go to the line.
Its in their best interest to try to get the deal done. If we land Bruce while they are stuffing around, the Saints will have even less to lose.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I get the feeling whatever the outcome, we're gonna come off second best...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:I get the feeling whatever the outcome, we're gonna come off second best...
Why?

Lance or James??

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:By all reports an extremely shallow draft. No one seems to rate pick 40 onwards. Hopefully we can grab a few more before then.
This comment makes me laugh !
not at you munga , just the hack journo's who say this every year .
The standard line is , This year the draft looks a little thin , but next year is shaping up as good one . That doesn't mean that a club wont find a gem late in the draft !

I been hearing this shite for years .

In red white and black from 73
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
The_Dud wrote:I get the feeling whatever the outcome, we're gonna come off second best...
Why?
Dunno, history?

I think Dal is worth more than a mid 20s pick and an ordinary backman (going off what most are saying here).

I get the feeling we'll settle, we always seem to. Tho I'll be happily surprised if we stick to our guns and keep him unless the deal is undeniable.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Myers is off the table.
And I am glad for that...Any trade that involves a 2012 listed Essendon player coming to our club is fraught with danger.

Kickit
Club Player

Life Long Saint wrote:
And I am glad for that...Any trade that involves a 2012 listed Essendon player coming to our club is fraught with danger.
True, but I'd be happy if they signed a legal document stating that they hadn't been injected with anything at all during 2012. If they have been injected with anything at all.....nope.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
Please remind hack journos of this very valid point

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Why?
Dunno, history?

I think Dal is worth more than a mid 20s pick and an ordinary backman (going off what most are saying here).

I get the feeling we'll settle, we always seem to. Tho I'll be happily surprised if we stick to our guns and keep him unless the deal is undeniable.

Well you can rest easy Mr Dud :wink:

North never offered #26

Our options are

1) Keep Dal - not a bad result, still a quality player

2) Get Norf to trade up or no deal, we take our chances with Delaney in the PS draft (especially if we have landed Bruce)

3) Ditch Dal for #22 compo pick for FA. So we have picks 3, 21, 22, and we can still go for Delaney in the PSD (as per above).

Only will get done if we take a non existent offer of pick 26 or if we do a straight swap Delaney for Dal (which would confirm your suspicions that we had been completely rogered).

Lance or James??

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Why?
Dunno, history?

Well you can rest easy Mr Dud :wink:

North never offered #26

Our options are

1) Keep Dal - not a bad result, still a quality player

2) Get Norf to trade up or no deal, we take our chances with Delaney in the PS draft (especially if we have landed Bruce)

3) Ditch Dal for #22 compo pick for FA. So we have picks 3, 21, 22, and we can still go for Delaney in the PSD (as per above).

Only will get done if we take a non existent offer of pick 26 or if we do a straight swap Delaney for Dal (which would confirm your suspicions that we had been completely rogered).
Well I'm liking number 1 at the moment!

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

If we only get 22 for Dal when we could have had Delaney and 26ish then that will be a disgrace.

Would much prefer to keep Dal than settle for 22.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

About the only thing one can honestly say about all of this is that Brad Scott tell LIES. Not very good lies, but LIES just the same. The ONLY people who believed that North offered #26 & Delaney for DalSanto are the lazy hack footy journos in this town, and all they had to do to find out that Mr Scott was telling LIES was to make a call to either/or St Kilda and/or the AFL !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!