Garlett

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Igmata
Club Player

Re: Garlett

Not a guy most clubs would welcome through their front doors.

damienc
Club Player

This kid can play. I know he's had a lot of off field issues but those close to him say he is a changed man and wants to leave WA and move to melbourne. If he is serious about wanting an elite football career then we should take a punt on him IMO. He is a lot like Cyril Rioli in the way he reads the play and can do the odd amazing thing. And he is a ready made replacement for S Milne in my view. There is a lot to like about this kid's footballing abilities. He just needs to manage his personal life in a way that won't bring himself or the club into disrepute.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

It sounds like there are way too many Pros & Cons with this guy for me to pass judgement on. I'll trust the judgement of Pelchen, Bains, etc. !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Can he become a midfielder at AFL level or will he only be a small forward?

I know Krakouer dominated the midfield at WAFL level, but was no-where near a mid at the next level.

St Igmata
Club Player

I repeat . He hasnt changed his sports he has learnt to camouflage them better.
He got into trouble a few times again in the second half of the year.
His ex gfs father acted as his minder, they split up and he was back to his old ways.
He is the kind of kid who can end up making the news.
Definitely needs a strong leadership group at any club he goes to. The chances are he will muck up big time. Pretty much the scorpion and the frog scenario.

He has a low chance of being controlled at probably 3 clubs. StKilda isnt one of those.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Maybe this guy will suit us better but in a similar vein. From Knightmare's bigfooty 2013 phantom draft....

#24 St Kilda – Jay Kennedy-Harris (VIC – Fwd/Mid)Height: 173cm, Weight: 68kg, DOB: 21/03/1995
Recruited from: Oakleigh Chargers
Style:
Player comparison: Andrew Krakouer
Range: 15-35
Profile: Small forward who has shown this year that he also has the ability to push up through the midfield and find the footy easily and be an effective two way player with his tackling particularly impressive. Kennedy-Harris’ point of difference is in his ability to sidestep with numbers around him and generate time and space for himself easily to be able to dispose of the ball effectively. Also has above average straight-line pace to go with his ability allowing him to break away from congestion at times. Regardless of this improved midfield ability my vision with Kennedy-Harris is as a forward first who can rotate into the midfield as required. Kennedy-Harris is as natural a crumbing forward as you’ll ever see. He gets to the right positions consistently and knows where to position himself to get those balls that come to ground. One touch with all his touches and a clean user of the footy. Excellent finisher around goal and a guy who could fit into a forwardline pretty easily.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/k ... ft.983436/

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Maybe this guy will suit us better but in a similar vein. From Knightmare's bigfooty 2013 phantom draft....

#24 St Kilda – Jay Kennedy-Harris (VIC – Fwd/Mid)Height: 173cm, Weight: 68kg, DOB: 21/03/1995
Style:
Profile: Small forward who has shown this year that he also has the ability to push up through the midfield and find the footy easily and be an effective two way player with his tackling particularly impressive. Kennedy-Harris’ point of difference is in his ability to sidestep with numbers around him and generate time and space for himself easily to be able to dispose of the ball effectively. Also has above average straight-line pace to go with his ability allowing him to break away from congestion at times. Regardless of this improved midfield ability my vision with Kennedy-Harris is as a forward first who can rotate into the midfield as required. Kennedy-Harris is as natural a crumbing forward as you’ll ever see. He gets to the right positions consistently and knows where to position himself to get those balls that come to ground. One touch with all his touches and a clean user of the footy. Excellent finisher around goal and a guy who could fit into a forwardline pretty easily.

What about a mid who can go forward? Surely thats first option.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:Maybe this guy will suit us better but in a similar vein. From Knightmare's bigfooty 2013 phantom draft....

Style:

What about a mid who can go forward? Surely thats first option.
I have been hearing a lot about Kennedy Harris and he can play both and has some unique skills. He is apparently a bit like Rioli in that he just looks exciting when he goes near the ball and will chase and tackle with manic pressure.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

A big no to Garlett especially with were the club is at.

The club would not be interested anyway. How many times has Elshaugh said that they recruit on character and a good backgrund. He's said it time and again.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.