Sponsorship - St Kilda at rock bottom

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

70s sainter
Club Player

Re: Sponsorship - St Kilda at rock bottom

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:hang on a second ....
what is this fasination of having a "big name" sponsor ? surely if billy bobs fish and chip shop are willing to put up the same $$ as say an IBM type company it shouldnt make a fiddle of differance ..
I asked the question of Peter Summers whats the go with a major sponsor for our club and he made a very good point in regards to sponsors , often the bigger the sponsor the lower the return to the club for example a big name brand will for its investment in the club will want something out of it be it hospitality functions be it grand final tickets what ever there is a cost to the club to keep them happy because ultimatly they are not putting their brand to our club because they love our club ... on the flip side a second teir sponsor like Linen House is a long time supporter of the St Kilda football club their sponsorship dollars are spent to help the club first and formost they dont expect much back in return and while they might not contribute the same $$ by the time you factor in what the club has to spend on keeping them happy as to keeping the big boys happy you get more bang for your buck with the second teir sponsors .... that said we prob have the strongest second teir sponsors in the AFL....

also FFS seaford is a training facility now sponsor gives two fluffs where a team train ... its all about exposure during the games that are played at the dome ... stop sooking about bloody seaford
Sounds like something someone would say who can't actually get a major sponsor .
I still remember westaway proudly stating at the agm at the end of 2010 that he wasn't bothered that the club couldn't get a major jumper sponsor because we had already reached our annual quota.
And you wonder why the club is now f@#ked financially .

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

3rd generation saint wrote:Dave who is going to pay to completely rebuild the Junction Oval to seat 30-35,000 minimum? Who is going to pay to build the training facilities for which there would be little if no space.
I would say a redevelopment of the Junction Oval would have a price tag of 100 million dollars plus. I say that price because you would virtually have to build a whole new stadium.
And backed up by Pluggs...
plugger66 wrote:Dave doesnt deal in facts. For a start there is no way a modern ground at the junction could hold more than about 10000 people. There is no room. One side doesnt even really have a wing. Grandstands are heritage listed i believe so they would have to stay and they are stuffed for the modern fan. And you are right about the price. It would be at least that and more and if people dont beleive you or me have a look at the costs of Metricon or GWS ground or even the stands at Geelong.
The ground has held 47000+ back in the day, and only a few years ago 26000+ (without using one of the grandstands). I know we couldn't have 'em packed in like that under modern OH&S rules, but it gives you an idea.

Lonny, Carrara, Cairns, WACA, Adelaide Oval, Manuka, Darwin, Wogan Wonderland are all recent examples of past/present venues with small capacities that have hosted AFL games... several held/hold less than 20000.

Hillbillies (btw, nice to see Pluggs that you've forgotten that you aren't meant to know who the Hillbillies and Poodles are... or did you ask Mr Google? :wink: ) achieved their $850,000 profit with an average crowd of only 26000. :idea:

As I've posted many times before, but people keep somehow missing... we don't have to replicate the MCG, and it doesn't have to happen by next season. :idea:

Dr Spaceman wrote:Dave needs to stop looking at the Geelong situation as some sort of proof that we could rebirth the Junction Oval (or Moorabbin for that matter)

Geelong is a separate city that is indelibly linked to its football club. It is not just another suburb in Melbourne. It is essential for the Cats to have a home in Geelong. They have incredible support from the population down here, but also from the Council and the local media.

More importantly they have received enormous support from recent State Governments with the club being supported by an incredible amount of high profile politicians on both sides. They have recieved incredible grants to help make Skilled Stadium happen. Who is going to pay for the Saints to build this dream?

And finally, Skilled Stadium has always been in operation. It has been enormously refurbished and developed in the last decade. But it wasn't built from scratch.

Keep dreaming Dave. But just remember that when the alarm goes off each morning, it's time to forget about the Junction Oval.
Hi Doc, when my alarm goes off each morning, one (at least) thing remains constant...

The Kardinia Park massive upgrade is actually not the first time in the league's history that a club has been able to pull off such a development... I can think of another occasion, and that time, said development started pretty much from scratch... :idea: 8-) :idea:

I repeat... IMHO re really have to look at this, otherwise I can't see how we can compete with the competition...

A bit of vision folks. Hey, Plugg's mates Orville and Wilbur didn't let him put them off, and eventually convinced him that their plans had wings...

A bit of vision folks. 8-)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Lets put things another way...

Hillbillies make $850,000 profit per game down there.
The Poodles have been offered $750,000 per game to shift some home matches to Hillbilly Hoedown.
To achieve this, the Hillibillies have an average crowd of only 26,000.

Last night was our home game. (We got an even bigger crowd than the Skunks vs Purple Puke. :D )
The crowd was over 31,000.

Did we make a profit from last night's game of $850,000...? :idea:

I don't know either, but here's a hint to put us in the ball park...
The Round 1 match against Sydney attracted 32,442 fans, followed by 29,066 for West Coast in Round 3, and 26,326 for Fremantle in Round 4.

The Saints' bill for the Dockers game will be $73,105.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/stadium ... 5710459768
So that's... Hillbillies make $850,000 from a crowd of 26,000... Saintas pay out $73,000(!) :shock:

Yep, I know, that's from 2009... but what's changed... apart from our club's balance sheet... and our position on the ladder? :(

Oh, and over the last few seasons, which club has won a couple of flags, and which club has just missed out...?

Yeah right, sure we can keep competing against those odds, no need to do anything to level the playing field...

Saintsationalists, we simply must restore our own boutique suburban home ground. For many reasons that have been listed before (ie; being the AFL's best known club both locally and abroad 8-) ), the Junction Oval is my favoured site. I realise that is the harder one to get-up, but I in no way see it as impossible in the medium term. Plan B would be Moorabbin, and Linton Street would definitely be achievable.

But exhaust all avenues re the Junction first. We have heavy hitters from major Australian companies on our board. We are an AFL club gawd dammit!!! :twisted: Surely we can swing it to make this happen. :idea:

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:Lets put things another way...

Hillbillies make $850,000 profit per game down there.
The Poodles have been offered $750,000 per game to shift some home matches to Hillbilly Hoedown.
To achieve this, the Hillibillies have an average crowd of only 26,000.

Last night was our home game. (We got an even bigger crowd than the Skunks vs Purple Puke. :D )
The crowd was over 31,000.

Did we make a profit from last night's game of $850,000...? :idea:

I don't know either, but here's a hint to put us in the ball park...
The Round 1 match against Sydney attracted 32,442 fans, followed by 29,066 for West Coast in Round 3, and 26,326 for Fremantle in Round 4.

The Saints' bill for the Dockers game will be $73,105.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/stadium ... 5710459768
So that's... Hillbillies make $850,000 from a crowd of 26,000... Saintas pay out $73,000(!) :shock:

Yep, I know, that's from 2009... but what's changed... apart from our club's balance sheet... and our position on the ladder? :(

Oh, and over the last few seasons, which club has won a couple of flags, and which club has just missed out...?

Yeah right, sure we can keep competing against those odds, no need to do anything to level the playing field...

Saintsationalists, we simply must restore our own boutique suburban home ground. For many reasons that have been listed before (ie; being the AFL's best known club both locally and abroad 8-) ), the Junction Oval is my favoured site. I realise that is the harder one to get-up, but I in no way see it as impossible in the medium term. Plan B would be Moorabbin, and Linton Street would definitely be achievable.

But exhaust all avenues re the Junction first. We have heavy hitters from major Australian companies on our board. We are an AFL club gawd dammit!!! :twisted: Surely we can swing it to make this happen. :idea:

Speak English and use common sense and then make sense Walt. You got a spare 100 million?

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

CA will kick in 40 mill it would be achievable if we had the balls and backing to do it!

PADDLEPOP1000
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:CA will kick in 40 mill it would be achievable if we had the balls and backing to do it!

So CA are going to spend 40 million to get the ground up to shape for cricket and then let us use it. No they are not. It isnt even slighly acheivable even if you had the biggest balls of all and thats because Stkilda dont want to do it, the AFL dont want another ground and there is no way in hell any government will do it.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Where the hell are you going to put the training facilities we will need to build? Plus, let us not forget the extremely limited access to the ground through this time of the year because of that little car race they have next door.
It isn't a bold idea, it is the sort of idea that would drive a club to the wall and extinction.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
SinCitySainter
Club Player

The only chance we would have for a boutique stadium would be Frankston Oval.
That is a growth corridor which has potential and the local council would be supportive.
The Victorian Government would probably support the idea as well.
We could then position ourselves as the side for the Southern Suburbs and the peninsula.

I say this because it is logical not because I live in that area in fact I live a stone throw away from Moorabbin oval but I don't think moving back there is viable.

St Lenny
Club Player

I doubt very much we will be leaving Seaford. They would be mad to spend all that money and leave. The new guys only know Seaford, so the old problems are gone.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Hi SCS, I hear you re Frangas, but would be a disaster. Frangas is not where it's at. Play outta' there and there'd be no point calling ourselves St Kilda anymore. Genuine question, what makes you feel Frangas would be good, but Moorabbin (which worked for us for nearly thirty years) wouldn't?

Hi 3GS, the Tuggers have found room... despite Hoddle Street being carved through the Jack Dyer flank. :( Plenty of room at the Junction Oval site.

As for the Grand Prick, I would see it as an absolute rolled-gold-gift-from-God-bonanza...
All those people hanging around with entertainment money to spend.
The social club would be rocking!
Hey, put on training and promotional activities, get the punters 'involved'.
Media, including international media..., everywhere...
Handled correctly, our profile goes through the roof, our international profile, goes through the roof. 8-)
What does Grand Prick sponsorship and exposure normally cost a business...? Well, we could offer that to our sponsors as part of their existing Saintas' sponsorship package... :idea: :idea: :idea:
Bonanza! 8-)

The vanilla clubs would turn green with envy.

Hi Pluggs, can you please point out the part/s of my post/s that aren't in English(?) (I do hope that you can... I wish that I was multi-lingual. :wink: )

Once you've finished doing that, can you please re-read, and then actually take-in what I've posted?

The Hillbillies aren't the only club to build up a ground. It's been done before (not quite, but largely) from scratch... hint, hint...
Why can't that club (hint, hint) do it again???
Why can't an AFL club use its contacts and connections, pull strings, and make it happen...?
(BTW Pluggs, have you popped over to Moorabbin airport yet... and looked up...?)
And where have I said that it has to happen overnight? (Rome. Built. Day (not)...)

Oh, and how do we compete against sides that make $850,000 (or even the Poodles at $750,000) per home game...?

What do you think we pocketed from last night's 31,000+ Docklands home game...? $850,000... $750,000... $500 ... $0.50c...?

At least the crowd wasn't 26,000, so at least instead of pocketing $850,000, at least we won't be docked $73,000... :shock:
(Play at Docklands, draw 26,000+ and be docked $73,000... don't you just love the irony...? :evil: )

Come on Saintsationalists! We are an AFL club! We should be trying to use all our connections and influence to try and make this happen. Move and shake time! If we succeed, we can then leverage our cache and our suburb's cache, which is our heritage... we can become the most saught-after and best known (domestically and internationally) club in the competition.

None of the vanilla clubs have this possibility. This is our birthright. It's time we claimed it! We should not die wondering...

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Dave McNamara wrote:Hi SCS, I hear you re Frangas, but would be a disaster. Frangas is not where it's at. Play outta' there and there'd be no point calling ourselves St Kilda anymore. Genuine question, what makes you feel Frangas would be good, but Moorabbin (which worked for us for nearly thirty years) wouldn't?

Hi 3GS, the Tuggers have found room... despite Hoddle Street being carved through the Jack Dyer flank. :( Plenty of room at the Junction Oval site.

As for the Grand Prick, I would see it as an absolute rolled-gold-gift-from-God-bonanza...
Handled correctly, our profile goes through the roof, our international profile, goes through the roof. 8-)
What does Grand Prick sponsorship and exposure normally cost a business...? Well, we could offer that to our sponsors as part of their existing Saintas' sponsorship package... :idea: :idea: :idea:
Bonanza! 8-)

Hi Pluggs, can you please point out the part/s of my post/s that aren't in English(?) (I do hope that you can... I wish that I was multi-lingual. :wink: )

Once you've finished doing that, can you please re-read, and then actually take-in what I've posted?

The Hillbillies aren't the only club to build up a ground. It's been done before (not quite, but largely) from scratch... hint, hint...
Why can't an AFL club use its contacts and connections, pull strings, and make it happen...?
(BTW Pluggs, have you popped over to Moorabbin airport yet... and looked up...?)
And where have I said that it has to happen overnight? (Rome. Built. Day (not)...)

Oh, and how do we compete against sides that make $850,000 (or even the Poodles at $750,000) per home game...?

What do you think we pocketed from last night's 31,000+ Docklands home game...? $850,000... $750,000... $500 ... $0.50c...?

At least the crowd wasn't 26,000, so at least instead of pocketing $850,000, at least we won't be docked $73,000... :shock:
(Play at Docklands, draw 26,000+ and be docked $73,000... don't you just love the irony...? :evil: )

Come on Saintsationalists! We are an AFL club! We should be trying to use all our connections and influence to try and make this happen. Move and shake time! If we succeed, we can then leverage our cache and our suburb's cache, which is our heritage... we can become the most saught-after and best known (domestically and internationally) club in the competition.

None of the vanilla clubs have this possibility. This is our birthright. It's time we claimed it! We should not die wondering...
A lot would depend on support from Port Phillip Council (which really come down to who's in power at the time, so it's worth asking every few years). If we incorporate the St Kilda/Port Phillip logo (the one with Luna Park and palm trees) into the guernsey the Council might see it as an excellent publicity move. AFL games at the venue (on top of training and social club activities) would bring big dollars to Fitzroy and Acland Streets. For all this we should get the ground at reduced rates. Boutique St Kilda games (e.g. StK v Port) and a handful of other games (e.g. Melb v Port) could be played there.

No question the players would enjoy the area and it would add appreciably to the image of the area and the club. I have no idea about parking and whether the AFL sees much advantage in it. It would certainly be more attractive for supporters from other states than Frankston or even Moorabbin -- the ground is close to the hotel district: in fact, it would probably help Vic Tourism.

On another note, is the Lake Oval a possibility?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:Hi SCS, I hear you re Frangas, but would be a disaster. Frangas is not where it's at. Play outta' there and there'd be no point calling ourselves St Kilda anymore. Genuine question, what makes you feel Frangas would be good, but Moorabbin (which worked for us for nearly thirty years) wouldn't?

Bonanza! 8-)

English. Hillbilies for a start. Poddles? What is that? Then you mention Punt Rd. Yep that holds about 3k. And it doesnt have to be done overnight. What does that mean. They spend 30 million on a small stand that hold 4k and then what? have games there when the ground holds 10k. That will please no one apart from those 10k. Might make a few bucks but lose about 10k members.

And above every single thing you have said there are 3 major problems. The AFL do not want anymore grounds for one, CV want it to be their ground secondly and the saints dont have anywhere near that money and dont want their own ground with a huge debt finally.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The AFL will, in the next few years, take full ownership f Etihad Stadium.
Why would they want any existing tenant to move games away from 'their stadium'?
Surely they'd be wanting to utilize it as much as possible?

The answer is not to build another stadium, but to make the existing one 'work; for us.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

What should be the priority is getting AFL ownership of Etihad. That should save some Dave bandwith.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

I really don't understand why we have trouble getting sponsors...we're always in the media. Even when we're down the ladder we get heaps more coverage than Doggies or North. Purely for getting a sponsors logo in front of people's eyes, we're a good bet.

Nee!
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I'm with you Dave. It's a BIG BOLD & BRASH idea... something a little club with small thinking supporters would never do.

Pretty similar in my book to the Filth leaving Vic Park.

$100mil??? Pull that figure out of your ar5e? Cricket Vic needed $20mil State Govt money to re-develop. St Kilda & CV could co-exist by making use of Harry Trott Oval (which CV control).

It would take a big mover & shaker to take this on & make it happen. The Seaford apologists will never admit it but we will struggle to land big name FA's when we are in the market.

thezelk
Club Player

Not far of the money there Animal Enclosure, heard talks between us and the saints cricket club are open as to us training and using the ground for a possible AFL game, IF permission was granted by the AFL....

Hence the reopening of talks with state/federal gov to provide $$$$ backing. We would help with the lobbing and use the ground more for a promotional tool..

Great thinking by the club in my opinion

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:I'm with you Dave. It's a BIG BOLD & BRASH idea... something a little club with small thinking supporters would never do.

Pretty similar in my book to the Filth leaving Vic Park.

$100mil??? Pull that figure out of your ar5e? Cricket Vic needed $20mil State Govt money to re-develop. St Kilda & CV could co-exist by making use of Harry Trott Oval (which CV control).

It would take a big mover & shaker to take this on & make it happen. The Seaford apologists will never admit it but we will struggle to land big name FA's when we are in the market.

Probably right on the 100 million, probably a fair bit more. It has nothing to do with small thinking supporters, its to do with the AFL only wanting 2 grounds and the government not even being slightly interested in another ground. If they were allowed to demolish both grandstands at the juntion, which they arent, we could probably biuld a ground that would hold 15k people and it would cost over 100 million. No tell me any government, footy club or competition that would do that and still keep their jobs. We have 2 grounds and that is plenty. By the way if you think 100 million is crap lets get your figure.

By the way we have struggled to land FA for onr single reason and it aint where we train, its because its to early in our rebuild and we havent made any effort yet.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Bonanza! 8-)

English. Hillbilies for a start. Poddles? What is that? Then you mention Punt Rd. Yep that holds about 3k. And it doesnt have to be done overnight. What does that mean. They spend 30 million on a small stand that hold 4k and then what? have games there when the ground holds 10k. That will please no one apart from those 10k. Might make a few bucks but lose about 10k members.

And above every single thing you have said there are 3 major problems. The AFL do not want anymore grounds for one, CV want it to be their ground secondly and the saints dont have anywhere near that money and dont want their own ground with a huge debt finally.
- Pluggs, I think you may find that the AFL and/or Cricket Victoria (cricket isn't played outdoors in winter :idea: ) may well be open to another boutique ground... can't say too much, nudge, nudge, wink, wink... 8-)

- I mention Punt Road coz they have less space than at the Junction, yet were able to build very substantial new facilities there.

- Hah hah! Too late, your responses earlier in this thread show that you ' know what is meant by 'Hillibillies. :P

- 'It doesnt have to be done overnight' = 'Rome wasn't built in a day' = just read it literally Pluggs. :idea:

- 'the saints don't have anywhere near that money'... we are an AFL footy club. As mentioned by couple of wonderful posters (well, I think so :D ) in their posts in this section... we should have the connections, and the vision. and big ideas to make it happen(!)

Have you made it out to Moorabbin airport yet Pluggs...? (Remember to look up.)

BTW Pluggs... you still haven't answered the quiz question:
Which VFL/AFL club other than the Hillbillies built up a suburban stadium... in this case though, pretty much from scratch?

(Do you need a hint...?) :wink:

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

What I see is constant 5 year plans, year after year - none of which are ever achieved. They are simply put out there to sound good and "passify" the fans.

Where is our "non-football" business development - nowhere over the past 25 years. I could rant on, but it is not necessary, the results speak for themselves.

The problem is our various Boards - those people who are supposed to "develop" the club - over the years, it's been full of Lawyers, past Players and "uncommitted" high profile people. Add to that, "nobody" CEO's who can't deliver the goods. Talk is cheap, but the Saints supporters quietly take what they are given. These people are not "commercial" - there are no "results."

Blame ourselves Saints supporters, for accepting mediocrity at the Board and CEO levels.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Bonanza! 8-)

- Pluggs, I think you may find that the AFL and/or Cricket Victoria (cricket isn't played outdoors in winter :idea: ) may well be open to another boutique ground... can't say too much, nudge, nudge, wink, wink... 8-)

- I mention Punt Road coz they have less space than at the Junction, yet were able to build very substantial new facilities there.

- Hah hah! Too late, your responses earlier in this thread show that you ' know what is meant by 'Hillibillies. :P

- 'It doesnt have to be done overnight' = 'Rome wasn't built in a day' = just read it literally Pluggs. :idea:

- 'the saints don't have anywhere near that money'... we are an AFL footy club. As mentioned by couple of wonderful posters (well, I think so :D ) in their posts in this section... we should have the connections, and the vision. and big ideas to make it happen(!)

Have you made it out to Moorabbin airport yet Pluggs...? (Remember to look up.)

BTW Pluggs... you still haven't answered the quiz question:
Which VFL/AFL club other than the Hillbillies built up a suburban stadium... in this case though, pretty much from scratch?

(Do you need a hint...?) :wink:

I dont know who the hillbillies are. There are 18 AFL teams and none are called that. We have 2 Melbourne grounds neither which was built by a club. No idea why anyone would mention something that could have happened 40 or 50 years ago unless they are struggling to make a point. The AFL only want 2 gounds so forget your fantasy land. Still dont get Punt Rd because you stated you wanted games at the Junction. They dont play AFL games at punt rd so that one for the common sense guys.

Tell me you are joking about the part that if CV played cricket at the juntion it would be vacnat in Winter. Lets get this straight. This ground mayb fixed up for cricket so it holds about 10k people. They are doing so the AFL can have the MCG and now you want to take it over again. Yep thats really going to happen. What about the cricket pitches in the middle? Who cares about them I hear you say they can have drop ins. Yep its a cricket ground and footy takes over. Yep they will surely let that happen. maybe in a few years we can say we need the ground early and then CV can build another ground again.

And I dont get the Moorabbin Airport thing at all. But like some have said previously I dont get a few things you say. Hillbilies for one. So explain that if you can.

By the way the 100 million would not be enough based on what other grounds have cost. I going to say 150 million now. Should be easy to get Walt. More hope of me getting a girl tonight at the Roo bar and im none for about 1000 at the moment.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Aiport is gunna go off soon if Costco is built out there.

I'd be in heaven - Costco and Saints training all in the one visit!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
MrCordz
Club Player

spert wrote:
what is this fasination of having a "big name" sponsor ? surely if billy bobs fish and chip shop are willing to put up the same $$ as say an IBM type company it shouldnt make a fiddle of differance ..
I asked the question of Peter Summers whats the go with a major sponsor for our club and he made a very good point in regards to sponsors , often the bigger the sponsor the lower the return to the club for example a big name brand will for its investment in the club will want something out of it be it hospitality functions be it grand final tickets what ever there is a cost to the club to keep them happy because ultimatly they are not putting their brand to our club because they love our club ... on the flip side a second teir sponsor like Linen House is a long time supporter of the St Kilda football club their sponsorship dollars are spent to help the club first and formost they dont expect much back in return and while they might not contribute the same $$ by the time you factor in what the club has to spend on keeping them happy as to keeping the big boys happy you get more bang for your buck with the second teir sponsors .... that said we prob have the strongest second teir sponsors in the AFL....

also FFS seaford is a training facility now sponsor gives two fluffs where a team train ... its all about exposure during the games that are played at the dome ... stop sooking about bloody seaford
Glad you're not marketing my business.. Imagine Collingwood...mmm who will we try and attract..Bobs fish& Chips or Emirates...where will we have our elite traing facility.. Olympic Park or Epping..big business attracts big business. The club is part of an elite sporting organisation, and small thinking has been one of St Kilda's big problems for years. Think big or perish in this environment.
Exactly - inability to attract big brands seriously effects our brand!!

Humbly St. Kilda
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

So, if we had our own ground, in the suburb we are named after, with training facilities, and big stands for a boutique size crowd, we would then play games there and everything would be fine?

The model Dave is after already exists, but instead of us being like Geelong I suggest we'd be like Carlton.
How many games are played at Princess Park? How much money upgrading a stadium that isn't used?

MrCordz
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:

Of course it doesn't matter in Perth. Perth is a country town.
It matters here because sponsors want bang for their buck. The only bang in Seaford is the sound of gunfire around the Hells Angels Darkside Chapter.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Humbly St. Kilda