Vent your spleen thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Re: Vent your spleen thread

What happened to our run out defense?
Gwilt is one of the best kicks at the club but won’t take the game on?
Geary tries hard but he shouldn’t be kicking the ball out of defense too often.
Bruce beat his opponent but did nothing else – too often after a contest he just props and ball watches rather than running to the next contest.
Delaney is a stay at home defender that fine but he needs good ball users around him.

Why have did we become so conscious of kicking it to a contest when our key forwards have one out contests? We then went backwards, sideways and then kicked in to a contest to someone who has no overhead or one on one marking skills what so ever – eg Jones, Savage & Saunders.

I understand the new trend of the AFL is to attempt to maintain possession but our set ups and lack of risk taking through the corridor yesterday was comical.

Another thing that is starting to concern me is the lack of rotation of the younger players?

Alan Richardson is continually stating we need to get games into the young players but are the club doing this to the long term detriment of the player? Case in point was Eli Templeton he looked cooked a couple of weeks ago but AR and the club continued to play him. I understand his injury was accidental but if he didn't have the edge required it may have played some part. Luke Dunstan is another he is battling on manfully but comparing the energies he started the season with he looks like another that need a rest.

Playing both Saunders and Jones as defensively half forwards is taking it’s toll on the forward line set ups. Granted they both kicked goals yesterday but neither of the two can take a contested mark so they can’t play as lead up forwards. It’s time for a major rethink up forward and need to play another strong marking option big or small.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
I like Aish, very classy accumulator. Billings more weapons and hurt factor. Both will be stars IMO but I reckon it will be the Bulldogs and Pies who will be ruing their decision to let Aish slide to pick 6 and instead picking the speculative Bontempelli and Sharenberg who has stuffed feet.

it's looking like a good year. Scharenberg is going to be good when he gets a go. Botempelli could be anything. There seems like there could be a bumper crop of stars from the 2013 draft and plenty showing signs early.
Agree, don't forget the guy with many letters up at the GC . He is going ok too.
And Kelly.
looks like a super draft for midfielders to me...

The big unit Tom Boyd is struggling. Reminds me a lot of Hawkins.
so used to being much bigger than his opponents it is a bit of a culture shock to not just be able to rely on size alone.
Boyd may be a poor mans Hawkins but too early to call. May end up as a Hawkins clone.

ace
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Chelsea signalled goals and points with very good posture tonight
She even got the signals right.
It was the bogan at the other end who was intimidated by the size of Johnathan Brown into suggesting Brown may not have touched the ball.
That wrong decision cost us the game.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Poor early effort let a team out of form run into form. We could not handball out of a pack to a teammate to save ourselves.

First half was poor.
Gwilt...why can't he do 30m passes top teammates? Kicked over two forwards heads in these circcumstances.

Someone should tell Geary he is not quick, and so should not try and outrun players as much as he does -as he gets caught, and/or turns over the ball with bad kicks.

Schneider let his teammates down with an act of stupidity.
Saunders should be rested for another...maybe Weller.

However I thought that Stanley played another good game with some ripper contested marks. Just needs to nail his shots on goal more as his passing is good. Looks at home now as a forward. I expect him to grow in the role now.

Dempster came back into good form.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:John Brown is the most over-rated player in the league and has been for a decade. Blind Frederick's dead Uncle could have played in the Lions team of the early noughties.

Just because he is a Johnny-every-man and a complete bogan does not take away from him being put on some bizarre pedestal being a punch-throwing bogan that would be cleaning s*** if he was not suitable enough for league football
Guess you didn't read the weekend paper where Brown, Pavlich and Riewoldt were rated against each other by 8 footy club insiders.
Verdict:
6 Brown 1 Riewoldt and 1 Pavlich