St Kilda in St Kilda: the End Game.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: St Kilda in St Kilda: the End Game.

saint6709 wrote:
I am mates with the CF0 at Rabbittohs who is driving their success - he did a 5 yr stint at Chelsea in uk - I also know Westaway and for a year or 2 tried to arrange a tour of the saints set up and meet n greet as my Rabbitohs mate is always looking to improve what they are doing and also could probably have offered some knowledge back to the saints - Westaway never invited the meeting.... If anyone is on the inside with the current st Kilda admin I know my mate would still very much like the tour
Wasteaway was a disaster. Made our recruiters look good by comparison.

Finnis seems very switched on and is actively looking for ideas.

I would suggest you shoot email an email or letter to him letting hom know that you can arrange a meeting, or pass on the contact details.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Austinnn
Club Player

Here's a golden oldie from C. Wilson of The Age from this April, back when this issue was publicly raised first, to my knowledge. I present a few choice quotes worth looking at again in our current discussion context.

This one goes out to Con:
it would be wrong to simply single out Fraser. The St Kilda board was weak and the AFL - which only tacitly supported the split - should have stepped in and done more to save Moorabbin, a ground now all agree demands an upgrade worthy of its geographical position and quality surface.
And this goes out with love to P66:
The Saints' off-field operation has also complained of the difficulty in luring potential corporate partners to meetings at Seaford, a headquarters constructed out of the old Belvedere Park.
This is for all the lovers:
St Kilda has not successfully engaged with the local community and the Frankston City Council has done the club no favours in return. Driving past the highly visible venue on Peninsula Link, the Linen House Centre boasts negligible sponsors’ signage and no recognisable branding - not even a St Kilda flag. This is due, according to the club, to local government restrictions.
Link to entire article here: http://m.theage.com.au/afl/st-kildas-so ... zqt75.html

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Here's a golden oldie from C. Wilson of The Age from this April, back when this issue was publicly raised first, to my knowledge. I present a few choice quotes worth looking at again in our current discussion context.

This one goes out to Con:
it would be wrong to simply single out Fraser. The St Kilda board was weak and the AFL - which only tacitly supported the split - should have stepped in and done more to save Moorabbin, a ground now all agree demands an upgrade worthy of its geographical position and quality surface.
And this goes out with love to P66:
The Saints' off-field operation has also complained of the difficulty in luring potential corporate partners to meetings at Seaford, a headquarters constructed out of the old Belvedere Park.
This is for all the lovers:
St Kilda has not successfully engaged with the local community and the Frankston City Council has done the club no favours in return. Driving past the highly visible venue on Peninsula Link, the Linen House Centre boasts negligible sponsors’ signage and no recognisable branding - not even a St Kilda flag. This is due, according to the club, to local government restrictions.
Link to entire article here: http://m.theage.com.au/afl/st-kildas-so ... zqt75.html

What was the excuse for Sponsors when we were at Moorabbin and on top of the ladder? Should never have moved. That is one thing I do agree with and went to all the meeting about the move.

Austinnn
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:What was the excuse for Sponsors when we were at Moorabbin and on top of the ladder?
Fair do's, though I do believe we had a bit more corporate interest back then.

Maybe the excuse was poor corporate marketing structure. I hope it's improved since. It seems like the club staff have got a whole lot more competent and professional since then.

Then again, that broken sign speaks poorly of our organisation. Nothing to do with corporates, but more a general lack of s***s being given.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bump

Well still 3 days to go of trade week....

But as it stands the current score for Seaford player attraction is:

Years - 4
Big Fish - 0

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Bump

Years - 4
Big Fish - 0

You couldn't seriously be blaming that on Seaford. Laughable. Obviously you haven't read or heard anything Pelchen has said in the last few onths.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Years - 4
Big Fish - 0

You couldn't seriously be blaming that on Seaford. Laughable. Obviously you haven't read or heard anything Pelchen has said in the last few onths.
Just a friendly reminder of the Scoreboard.

And what about 2011-12?

Pelchen can say whatever he likes. Until he lands one he hasnt landed one. Might be in 2016. Hasnt happened yet.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Years - 4
Big Fish - 0

And what about 2011-12?

Pelchen can say whatever he likes. Until he lands one he hasnt landed one. Might be in 2016. Hasnt happened yet.
So how would you even slightly have a clue it is because of Seaford. Can you tell us all the big names we got from about 2004 on? Its laughable.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The fact you respond to every post I write within 5 seconds is whats laughable desperately trying to pump up your languising ego by turning every single thread into a 'right' or 'wrong' where your subjective opinions are somehow 'right' and true based on superior 'footy knowledge' and everyone else just have clueless opinions. Can you just stop responding to my posts ffs. I never respond to yours ever - unless you have first responded to one of mine - which is usually in under two minutes.

We all know you want to stay at Seaford and dont want to move to the JO. Your position is crystal clear. You dont have to repeat it and defend it every 5 seconds. Its a known known

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Snap!

Well played Con. :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:The fact you respond to every post I write within 5 seconds is whats laughable desperately trying to pump up your languising ego by turning every single thread into a 'right' or 'wrong' where your subjective opinions are somehow 'right' and true based on superior 'footy knowledge' and everyone else just have clueless opinions. Can you just stop responding to my posts ffs. I never respond to yours ever - unless you have first responded to one of mine - which is usually in under two minutes.

We all know you want to stay at Seaford and dont want to move to the JO. Your position is crystal clear. You dont have to repeat it and defend it every 5 seconds. Its a known known

You really don't rate using your brain. When have I ever said I want to stay at Seaford. Time for you to MOVE on from this. Its WEIGHING you down. Get some COUNTRY air into you. Have you ever played FAMILY feud?

Write sense and no response. Carry on like a spoilt 10 year old kid and there will be a response.

Austinnn
Club Player

Time gentlemen please.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Years - 4
Big Fish - 0

And what about 2011-12?

sorry Con as much as I want the saints back at the junction (i live 50 metres from the oval) I think that the fact we haven't landed a big name is more due to circumstances rather than Seaford. 2011-12 our salary cap was full to the brim and we couldn't get a big name even if they begged us to join. Now we are building a war chest to have a real crack at free agency by 2016 so we aren't making a play for any real big names.

saint6709
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Years - 4
Big Fish - 0

And what about 2011-12?

sorry Con as much as I want the saints back at the junction (i live 50 metres from the oval) I think that the fact we haven't landed a big name is more due to circumstances rather than Seaford. 2011-12 our salary cap was full to the brim and we couldn't get a big name even if they begged us to join. Now we are building a war chest to have a real crack at free agency by 2016 so we aren't making a play for any real big names.
You can go round and round in circles arguing about all kinds issues, side issues and non issues - but the point is a presence in St Kilda for St Kilda ( the football club ) has to be a positive and to me that notion is only strengthened by the fact that the shield advertising the club on the side of the Seaford training facility has half fallen off and in the words of my 9 year old son seeing the training centre for the first time "oh my god that's just embarrassing"

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Years - 4
Big Fish - 0

And what about 2011-12?

You can go round and round in circles arguing about all kinds issues, side issues and non issues - but the point is a presence in St Kilda for St Kilda ( the football club ) has to be a positive and to me that notion is only strengthened by the fact that the shield advertising the club on the side of the Seaford training facility has half fallen off and in the words of my 9 year old son seeing the training centre for the first time "oh my god that's just embarrassing"

The thing your son saw could happen anywhere. Has nothing to do with where we train but more to do with lack of care. The point of what Cons said also has nothing to do with what you addressed. Do you honestly think we haven't got big names in the last 3 years because we train in Seaford or it more where the club is at at this moment. Im suggesting its more were we are at. We haven't had a big name since 2002 and we trained in Moorabbin for the majority of that time. We will get big names wherever we train as long as soon as we want them.

saint6709
Club Player

You are correct - I was not addressing Con's point specifically - my point was that these are side issues which can be debated ' for the fun of it ' but at the end of the day I can't see any argument against the St Kilda Football Club having a presence in St Kilda. Re the specific points you raise in your last post I think you and Con are both right - it is a combination of theses things that currently defines the club. It looks like we have a blue print to tackle the points you raise - but I don't think that's enough - I think we need to get the club back to St Kilda as well.