Saint Luke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saint Luke

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I reckon Parker is the Swans 2nd best mid. And he kicks goals and hes only 21. So id take him for pick 1 for sure.
I'd also do Shiel + 4 although im not that keen on two metre peter at pick 4. I just find extra tall guys too risky with high picks.
But outside that forget it. I would not do the JOR and Jackshe + 4 deal and I would certainly not do the Mitchell + Reid deal.
So more than likely Id go for the Pet Man.

Im unsure how GWS win out of the Shiel deal. They lose a player probably as good as Petracca will ever get and also lose pick 4. Doesn't make sense unless they know Shiel is 100% leaving when his contract is up. Unlike you I really rate Mitchell and would do the deal in a heartbeat. I still think we will take Petracca though. I just don't want them to trade pick one to get pick 4 and pick 20. That would be madness in my mind.
They dont which is why id do it cos wed win :-)
Pick 4 and 20 just seems too risky - agree. 4&5 maybe but 4 & 20 no way jose.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:BM I wouldn't rate getting Jaksch, JOR and pick 4 as overs. I don't rate players who are struggling for games as being a good deal. GWS are playing everyone and neither of these 2 have been able to get a good run at it. Pelchen seems to like the multiple player idea so it maybe a chance. I reckon it has hairs on it because I am of the opinion to really improve you need champions and you have more chance of getting a champion with higher picks and not downgrading just to get multiple players. Having said that I will contradict myself by saying I would trade pick one to do a deal similar to Melbourne last year but I do rate Dom Tyson very very highly.
lol - this time of year is all about contradicting yourself.

If you look back on another thread I said we would be crazy to go for Jaksch and JOR and #4 because one is untried and one is injury prone.

I suppose I look at #4 and think if we got speculation on Jaksch and JOR AND we picked up a McCartin, it would be a bi of a risk but could pay off spectacularily.

On the other hand, last time a #1 was traded, the team trading (Hawthorn) got Hodge and Mitchell from the deal, and got back Croad anyway so a spectacular loss for Fremantle.

It is fraught with danger, but it sure makes draft period interesting for us.

You are garbage - Enough said
stinger
Saintsational Legend

failed on the big stage...so no....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:failed on the big stage...so no....

Like Mitchell twice previously yet got second best on Saturday.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Im with p66 on this one. Luke Parker is a bona fide star. I dont think yesterday when his whole side got trounced can be marked down as a 'failure.' He killed it in the last two finals. Hes only 21.

The best players yesterday - Hodge Lewis Mitchell Lake Roughie are all 30 odd. Josh Kennedy is 26. The big Bud is 27. Malceski 30.

saint-stu
Club Player

The last few drafts have been about getting quantity of young players through the door. Mainly due the very poor age profile of the list and the gaping hole in our group of young players. To me, we should be now focused on bringing in *quality*. Future fest has shown we now have a very large group of average young players who may or may not make it. I don't intend that to be harsh just that there are still question marks. *Please* say no, to picks 4 and 20.

1ac46a38