This is not a rumour, we are going to Trade pick 1 if......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Re: This is not a rumour, we are going to Trade pick 1 if...

Jaxons do we need to reconsider our request or offers and perhaps have GWS include a player like Jaksch of Frost?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Jaxons do we need to reconsider our request or offers and perhaps have GWS include a player like Jaksch of Frost?

Ross who?
Club Player

jaxons wrote:
Ross who? wrote:
jaxons wrote:An update.
Seems unlikely as we sit here today that we will have a attractive enough offer to consider trading pick #1 which we are more than comfortable with.
Other avenues are still being explored to gain more picks inside the first round.
This makes me breath a little easier. I just keep getting the feeling of being dudded by who will be available in the draft if we are hell bent on "cashing in" pick 1. In saying that, I also have a strong faith in our current recruiting department. I think they deserve an A+ for their efforts this time last year

There would be no getting dudded.
There are some very good players in this years draft.
Yeah, I realise that. I suppose I mean that I fear missing on an absolute jet A+ talent (Petracca)who hopefully plays lots of games due to his physique, and getting a couple of solid players who play 100-150 games but never make an all Australian team types. By the look of the other potentials they might be prone to injuries along the way to start their AFL careers. Just my own opinion......fwiw

Blake Acres fan club VIP
Ross who?
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:Jaxons do we need to reconsider our request or offers and perhaps have GWS include a player like Jaksch of Frost?
I think you can forget Jaksch, he is as good as signed at Carlton. They will arrange something to make it work. Frost they were talking of Melbourne giving a 4th round pick for.....not much currency there to deal with. Not sure how he would figure in a deal

Blake Acres fan club VIP
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

WinnersOnly wrote:Jaxons do we need to reconsider our request or offers and perhaps have GWS include a player like Jaksch of Frost?
I'll answer for him, he'll no! There is nothing wrong with having pick one, we aren't trying to get rid of it, we are just seeing if a club will pay overs to buy it. There is a big difference.

I'd suggest we should get used to the idea of having Petracca.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

St Ick wrote:
I'll answer for him, he'll no! There is nothing wrong with having pick one, we aren't trying to get rid of it, we are just seeing if a club will pay overs to buy it. There is a big difference.

I'd suggest we should get used to the idea of having Petracca.
Picks 4 + 7 + Frost = 3 quality players (plus flexibility).

Pick 1 = Petracca (one player)

Andreous
Club Player

Maybe Melbourne will us 2,3 and 12 (for trengrove trade) for pick 1. I would take that. Wait ... .... who is that snoring??????? Oh... it's me.

Rosco
Club Player

Andreous wrote:Maybe Melbourne will us 2,3 and 12 (for trengrove trade) for pick 1. I would take that. Wait ... .... who is that snoring??????? Oh... it's me.
I would take it without 12. They aren't doing either.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

iMO you would only do the deal if we gain an out-perform out of it.

So you either need some low picks like 4 to be part of it OR to gaina genuine elite player like Cameron out of it.

There is no point swapping pick 1 just for extra steak knives.

Our main hopes are that:

: A/ Griffen deal cannot get done (Let's hope that Gordon is obstinate) so that we can swoop at the last minute to gain 4, 7 and 19
: B/ The Dogs insist on good players rather than low picks for Griffen.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
FQF
SS Life Member

Still just want Petracca

citywest

I hope the Griffen deal falls through. The best thing for the Saints is to trade pick 1 and get picks 4, 7 and 19. All these people that say just get Petracca need to get their head out of their @#%$. They really do. Not so long ago Petracca was not even rated in the top 5 so I don't understand what people are thinking. Anyway, I'm hopeful that Griffen changes his mind and stays with the Dogs. Then I'll be looking forward to repeating the Billings, Dunstan and Acres jackpot from last year. :D :D :lol: :lol:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

My gut feel is anyone in the top 10 could be pretty equal.

I'm not convinced pick 1 is going to be miles better than 2 or 3 or 4 or 7...
Last year the Bont (4) or Aish (7) could easily have gone pick 1.
So if we could get two in the top 10 id take it.

Fairly theoretical at this stage though...

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

citywest wrote:I hope the Griffen deal falls through. The best thing for the Saints is to trade pick 1 and get picks 4, 7 and 19. All these people that say just get Petracca need to get their head out of their @#%$. They really do. Not so long ago Petracca was not even rated in the top 5 so I don't understand what people are thinking. Anyway, I'm hopeful that Griffen changes his mind and stays with the Dogs. Then I'll be looking forward to repeating the Billings, Dunstan and Acres jackpot from last year. :D :D :lol: :lol:
This is not going to happen.

For a start the deal for Jaksch is him and 19 for 7.

So GWS wont even have 19.

Saints wont do 1 for 4 and 7 even if the Griffen deal falls over.

So you need to get YOUR head out of YOUR arse and stop crapping on with a deal that cant happen.

Look more at Melbourne and the WB if trades fall properly or

look at Armo or Steven being traded.

And if you dont think Petracca is not any good you are totally and completely clueless.

So stop with this trpetitive BS and try to think about other trades

You are garbage - Enough said
citywest

Are you attacking the man again Joff?

happy feet
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
citywest wrote:I hope the Griffen deal falls through. The best thing for the Saints is to trade pick 1 and get picks 4, 7 and 19. All these people that say just get Petracca need to get their head out of their @#%$. They really do. Not so long ago Petracca was not even rated in the top 5 so I don't understand what people are thinking. Anyway, I'm hopeful that Griffen changes his mind and stays with the Dogs. Then I'll be looking forward to repeating the Billings, Dunstan and Acres jackpot from last year. :D :D :lol: :lol:

So you need to get YOUR head out of YOUR arse and stop crapping on with a deal that cant happen.

And if you dont think Petracca is not any good you are totally and completely clueless.

+1, CW - dreamin

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

citywest wrote:Are you attacking the man again Joff?
You have been warned you fool reported.

And you were the one who told US to pull OUR heads out of OUR Arses you hypocrite.

You did not even address my post, just baited.

Disgusting

You are garbage - Enough said
Ross who?
Club Player

This pretty much tells me that you made up the deal you started this topic with. Thanks for clearing it up :)

Blake Acres fan club VIP
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote: What I'd give for one of (in order) Laverde, Weller or De Goey in addition to Petracca this year!
Plough Wallace has been raving about Laverde all week on Trade radio. Not sure whether thats a plus or negative :D

Rosco
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
You have been warned you fool reported.

And you were the one who told US to pull OUR heads out of OUR Arses you hypocrite.

You did not even address my post, just baited.

Disgusting
He was actually attacking the post, 95% at least. Wasn't even a nice try.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Lol could not agree with you more Bunk_Moreland !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Can we change the thread title…

It's not even a rumour, it's complete fiction.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:You have offered no reasons why McCarton wont make it but now all of a sudden its height. Simpkin is 191 but his head size helps. Unfortunately that doesn't help his arm size and 2cm can make a lot of difference anyway. I think you would wish you could 2cm onto something else Dave. You talk rubbish about players you have never seen play or have seen them once or twice. You tell us we will get Cameron in the PSD next season when for over 10 years no class player have gone in that draft. Clubs don't do that anymore. I may be at the banger but you need to get out of fantasyland. By the way Dave Roughead is 193 cm tall.
Now Pluggs, I've put forward my Fatty McCartin concerns on several occasions (and each time in English). Here's some more. Feel free to disagree, but please also feel free to give some reasons why. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACbmMGGrH-0

Underwhelming. And it's a highlights package(!)

- He's meant to take pack marks..., or at least crash packs. Not one example of either! And it's a highlights package(!)
- Numerous assessments from 'draft watchers' all agree that he's a bit under sized (height-wise) for a key forward. And he doesn't have the agility of a Roughy. And he looks unlikely to ever have the tank of Roo.
Also, we need to remember that the Doc held down CHF at ~5ft 10in(!) Don't spill your beer Pluggs :wink: coz the point is that 193cm blokes like Roo and Roughie started out over ten years ago... over time average heights increase... key position players are getting taller... :idea:
- Numerous assessments from 'draft watchers' all agree that Paddy get his goals from leads... in today's crowded footy that ain't gonna work. What about high pressure finals when blokes have even less time again to spot up and kick accurately to a leading forward...?
- Numerous assessments from 'draft watchers' all agree that Paddy is a one position player. Say-no-more. That's him ruled out.

IMHO, I would be very very concerned if we recruited him. I can't see him having the level of AFL career that a club would want from a top 5 pick. Average forward at best. But my tip is that he probably won't even make that. Beyond a bulk advantage at the underage level... no tricks. :idea:

PS: Pluggs, in case you don't have any actual counter arguments to offer up, don't worry, in response to another post in this very thread I'm going to bemoan our probably not getting McCartin... so that'll give you the segue to do what you do so well, and argue just for the hell of it, that we should get Petracca and not McCartin...

I know that you'd like that opportunity. :wink:

PPS: BTW, what's a McCarton, Pluggs? Something that one of your McBuggarupsRainforrestBurgers come in??? :?

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
St Ick wrote: What I'd give for one of (in order) Laverde, Weller or De Goey in addition to Petracca this year!
Plough Wallace has been raving about Laverde all week on Trade radio. Not sure whether thats a plus or negative :D
That is a concern... But he has Bontompelli/Acres type potential. I could handle 2x Pendles on our list ;)

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I'm no expert but im fairly underwhelmed by McCartin. Cant see him getting a kick on an afl quality defender.
But maybe im missing something as all the draft experts have him top 5..