Goddard move- article

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Goddard move- article

Bernard Shakey wrote:BJ only cares about BJ.

He now thinks the Dopers will be premiers this year and they'll make a movie about him!

Well that is just completely delusional. Any movie they try to make about that club would end up in the courts for decades. If yesterday was any indicator, they will be out of contention after round 2 this year. I can see all time records getting set against that team this year.
And how they were allowed to get away with that farcical "match simulation" Friday night, just highlights the toothless tiger the AFL has become.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:BJ only cares about BJ.

He now thinks the Dopers will be premiers this year and they'll make a movie about him!

Well that is just completely delusional. Any movie they try to make about that club would end up in the courts for decades. If yesterday was any indicator, they will be out of contention after round 2 this year. I can see all time records getting set against that team this year.
And how they were allowed to get away with that farcical "match simulation" Friday night, just highlights the toothless tiger the AFL has become.

They will get smashed if the players get suspended but they will also have about 10 or 12 better players playing than they did yesterday. And BJ didn't say what BS said he said in his defence.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

True Plugger, but then I think you would agree that a young St. Kilda outfit missing Riewoldt, Fisher, Dempster, Schneider, Ray and Gilbert is hardly a case of 'top ups' playing a 'full strength side' which is the dominant paradigm doing the rounds at the moment. Most of us are in consensus that St.Kilda is the worthy wooden spooner of last year and, minor improvement aside, will most likely finish bottom two again this year, making Essendon's effort yesterday less than stellar. Should suspensions be issued, and even with Goddard and Gwilt back in the side , they will be emulsified by the top 6 sides, thrashed the legs off by the mid table sides, and beaten by the bottom four sides, convincingly in some cases by the likes of sides such as the Bulldogs or GWS.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:True Plugger, but then I think you would agree that a young St. Kilda outfit missing Riewoldt, Fisher, Dempster, Schneider, Ray and Gilbert is hardly a case of 'top ups' playing a 'full strength side' which is the dominant paradigm doing the rounds at the moment. Most of us are in consensus that St.Kilda is the worthy wooden spooner of last year and, minor improvement aside, will most likely finish bottom two again this year, making Essendon's effort yesterday less than stellar. Should suspensions be issued, and even with Goddard and Gwilt back in the side , they will be emulsified by the top 6 sides, thrashed the legs off by the mid table sides, and beaten by the bottom four sides, convincingly in some cases by the likes of sides such as the Bulldogs or GWS.

Well Dempster played and Schneider is basically finished so cant count them. And I did agree they will be smashed but they will get more back than just BJ and Jimmy. It will only be for a few weeks IMO anyway. Essendons effort yesterday was about exactly what I expected. People who thought a VFL side was going to get close to us were just playing it safe. There was no hope of them getting close. 13 of their guys had only trained 3 days a week until 3 weeks ago.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Yep. Fair enough and I was wrong about Dempster. Respect. Why do you think, if the payers are found guilty, that they would only get a few weeks? we play them round 5, do you think that if suspensions are issued that they would back playing before May? Doesn't seem like much of a penalty. Especially as they have trained as a normal team all summer.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:And when we waltz away with, or march away I should say, with Rory Sloane and Lachie Whitfield in the next couple of years, will you accuse them of being treacherous?
Depends if they accuse the club of doing the wrong thing by them or not as BJ has done
No shame in taking the money, but why kick us too