Plugger on 3AW right now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Plugger on 3AW right now

cwrcyn wrote:Ball had an ordinary 2009 after an unremarkable 2008. He was struggling getting from contest to contest. He had been on $600k a year and the club offered him around $350k a year for his next contract. We had salary cap issues after paying too much to the likes of Gram and Koschitzke, so we weren't going to budge on Ball. He was insulted by the huge pay cut and left. Collingwood gave him a front end loaded contract, which over the three years was worth a couple of hundred grand more than we were going to pay him.

Dal Santo had become less influential in games, but still a class player. I believe the club thought they'd seen the best of him and they were desperate to get new talent in, so they sacrificed him. He didn't want to go

Goddard pushed the limit on his contract demand. The club saw an opportunity to get a first round pick and get some salary cap relief in the process, so they called his bluff and he saw the writing on the wall. Again, I don't think he wanted to leave, but had boxed himself into a corner and got the hint that the club was prepared to let him go. So he thought "Well, if that's the way you're playing it, I'm out of here" He got a four year deal at around $750k per year, rather than a 3 year deal at around $650 per year.

Fair difference between $3mill and $1950 :roll: